Post Covid Plans??

duncs500

Re: Post Covid Plans??

Post by duncs500 »

Mito Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:03 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:59 pm
Mito Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:51 pm Seen the rubbish tip queues today - people are actually morons. Beyond help 😂
People have spent the last 5-6 weeks tidying their houses and gardening, combined with loads of councils cutting rubbish collections :roll:
No it’s like everything else that just opens, stupid ridiculous queues as everyone can’t wait a bit. Everyone has to go there on day 1.
I don't think there's any way of knowing how busy it will be though. Some people have to decide to go at some point, what if everyone leaves it a day? Day two is rammed.

They're still closed around us. :(
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Coaster1 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:43 am One of the things that I most look forward to, is to have a nice haircut. :lol:
And a nice Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin.
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

See the Mrs. It's only been 6 months so far...
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jackleg wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:26 am See the Mrs. It's only been 6 months so far...
you know it’s only been lockdown for 6-7 weeks though yeah?!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Pub
Richard

Post by Richard »

duncs500 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:05 pm

People have spent the last 5-6 weeks tidying their houses and gardening, combined with loads of councils cutting rubbish collections :roll:
No it’s like everything else that just opens, stupid ridiculous queues as everyone can’t wait a bit. Everyone has to go there on day 1.
I don't think there's any way of knowing how busy it will be though. Some people have to decide to go at some point, what if everyone leaves it a day? Day two is rammed.

Wish there was a tip webcam.

In fact, all the "essential" places should have one. Might cut queues a bit.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Richard wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:52 am

Wish there was a tip webcam.

In fact, all the "essential" places should have one. Might cut queues a bit.
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

I'm considering just hiring a skip rather than waiting for the tip to re-open - primarily to expedite the clearing of the garage for the 928.

I'm also trying to convince the wife that we don't actually need the fridge freezer that's in the garage. When we moved into this house, the kitchen already had built-in under the counter fridge & freezer, so the one we had we put in the garage.Her idea is to store food & drink for entertaining. She said only the other day that "We need the extra fridge and freezer space" - The freezer section is currently completely empty and the fridge section contains a 2L bottle of coke & 3 bottles of cider. :roll:
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Delphi wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:39 am I'm considering just hiring a skip rather than waiting for the tip to re-open - primarily to expedite the clearing of the garage for the 928.

I'm also trying to convince the wife that we don't actually need the fridge freezer that's in the garage. When we moved into this house, the kitchen already had built-in under the counter fridge & freezer, so the one we had we put in the garage.Her idea is to store food & drink for entertaining. She said only the other day that "We need the extra fridge and freezer space" - The freezer section is currently completely empty and the fridge section contains a 2L bottle of coke & 3 bottles of cider. :roll:
Party fridge.

Didn't Someone on here have to climb out of the boot of their 928 when it was parked in the garage?
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Manc tips were only opening for bagged general waste. So WTAF people have been needing to dispose of I don't know - unless they're all bagging their garden waste up. In which case - d1ckheads, as many are still collecting ad hoc green waste and chucking it in the general means it goes to landfill/incineration. I can't believe that many people have that much green waste though
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:19 pm

Manc tips were only opening for bagged general waste. So WTAF people have been needing to dispose of I don't know - unless they're all bagging their garden waste up. In which case - d1ckheads, as many are still collecting ad hoc green waste and chucking it in the general means it goes to landfill/incineration. I can't believe that many people have that much green waste though
there'll be cleared garages/sheds/lofts a plenty, years of crap seeing the light of day for the first time!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The local police here put a notice on Facebook that the queuing time for our tip was 3 hours this morning.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

Rich B wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:28 am
Jackleg wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:26 am See the Mrs. It's only been 6 months so far...
you know it’s only been lockdown for 6-7 weeks though yeah?!
But even the shortest time apart feels like eternity!

Indeed. But the last time I saw her was in November as she's on a ship in the Caribbean and I'm working on a contract in Australia. I was supposed to be in the Caribbean with her right now, but Covid has rather spoilt that.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:10 pm
Didn't Someone on here have to climb out of the boot of their 928 when it was parked in the garage?
The man, the myth, the leg-end - Steveo
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Richard

Post by Richard »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:10 pm The local police here put a notice on Facebook that the queuing time for our tip was 3 hours this morning.
Why would you join that queue? Once to queue builds to like 30 mins or so, it’s going to look really long
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Update: I've hired a skip and it arrives on Thursday. I'd need at least half a dozen trips to the tip which constitutes a good 6 hours of my time and for £150 I can throw everything in it and it becomes someone else's problem.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Skips are cathartic - you feel the need to cram as much in as you can which means (ime) you throw more shit out.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

unzippy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:18 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:10 pm
The man, the myth, the leg-end - Steveo
Of course!
Banal Vapid Platitudes