Peter Stringfellow

JLv3.0

Re: Peter Stringfellow

Post by JLv3.0 »

Cheers then 🍻
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:56 pm The thing is a lot of the criticism of grid girls wasn't solely because there were no men, it was because many saw it as demeaning to women. Love Island is demeaning to women and men both so it doesn't save it on the grounds of equality. Right on progressive causes are hypocritical more often than not though so don't expect consistency, Simon.

Just like the evening standard article recently congratulating the establishment of several new women only members clubs. On Rev's justification that means all male members clubs are now fine, except of course, the people that got wound up about male only clubs of course don't think that. You then have to revert to the victimhood justification of people being allowed to do things that others aren't because they were previously the victims. That stinks more than anything else.

For the record, I'm not anti-love island - I'm anti people getting hot under the collar and prohibitionist about any of this stuff.
For a clever person, you have an amazing knack of misunderstanding the point. On what planet does “my” justification support men only clubs, you maniac? 😂

Right, I’ll try and explain this for the hard of thinking:

- grid girls = middle aged white men leering at pretty, scantily clad girls

Love Island - a show aimed at young women that shows scantily clad people of the target audiences age hooking up

If you’re unable to see the difference between the 2, I simply can’t help you.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:34 pmCheers then 🍻
🍻
Cheers,

Ian
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:45 pm
GG. wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:56 pm The thing is a lot of the criticism of grid girls wasn't solely because there were no men, it was because many saw it as demeaning to women. Love Island is demeaning to women and men both so it doesn't save it on the grounds of equality. Right on progressive causes are hypocritical more often than not though so don't expect consistency, Simon.

Just like the evening standard article recently congratulating the establishment of several new women only members clubs. On Rev's justification that means all male members clubs are now fine, except of course, the people that got wound up about male only clubs of course don't think that. You then have to revert to the victimhood justification of people being allowed to do things that others aren't because they were previously the victims. That stinks more than anything else.

For the record, I'm not anti-love island - I'm anti people getting hot under the collar and prohibitionist about any of this stuff.
For a clever person, you have an amazing knack of misunderstanding the point. On what planet does “my” justification support men only clubs, you maniac? 😂

Right, I’ll try and explain this for the hard of thinking:

- grid girls = middle aged white men leering at pretty, scantily clad girls

Love Island - a show aimed at young women that shows scantily clad people of the target audiences age hooking up

If you’re unable to see the difference between the 2, I simply can’t help you.
As ever, the answer is in the middle of these two arguments. Pit girls - introduce Pit boys, so you don’t make a load of people redundant through no fault of their own. Other bit - the pendulum has swung, it’ll come back to the male side eventually, but probably (hopefully) less extreme, and then back to women etc. I think the issue is the male only club members, typically, have a lot more power/influence than the all female clubs, but I am a passionate believer in employing the beat person for the job, irrespective of gender. (In fact, I suggested that we should recruit and train with only the first initial and surname visible, but it was rejected because we have sex percentage targets to achieve and we wouldn’t achieve them without manipulation of the recruitment pool. Note - I have a daughter and want the best for her, so this does frustrate me, but I also want to recruit the best pilots I can 🤔)
Cheers,

Ian
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

So men then yeah?
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:41 pmSo men then yeah?
It’d be much easier if took it up the rear... maybe you’re a trend setter JL!? 😳😜😂
Cheers,

Ian
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Well I have been taken hard in the rear earlier so, yeah, I guess, erm - yeah!
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

John wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:53 am RIP, a local lad. He did well to keep his illness a secret but I guess he wasn't in the public eye so much.
I don't get that it was secret. He told those that needed to know. If someone wasn't aware, it was because they didn't need to know.
Is that the same as keeping a secret?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It was private, not secret. HTH.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:06 am It was private, not secret. HTH.
Quite.

On a related note :lol:

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Why does no one get that it was a decision from the company that got rid of the grid girls?

People like to get all hot under the collar and complain about about those nasty sjws sticking their noses in even when they aren’t.
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Have you now graduated to getting offended over other people getting offended?

That's some Level 12 SJW skills right there 8-)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

As ever JL I’m not offended. Only idiots get offended by strangers on the internet.
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Speaking of which have you gone in the huff with anyone yet today?
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

BURN!! :lol:

Hey - that makes me an idiot! Damn!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I think he enjoys our little clashes just as much as I do.

So - NO.

:lol:
David_Yu

Post by David_Yu »

IanF wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:26 pm I’m drinking my “thank you” from the company as we speak. I literally saved a flight and 308 passengers last Sunday (by just showing up, but hey, cheers!)
Cool story bro, but I literally cannot see the slightest whiff of a connection between that and the thread, even by the standards of this forum! :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 am I think he enjoys our little clashes just as much as I do.

So - NO.

:lol:
Anything that distracts me from work is a good thing.
An absolute unit
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

David_Yu wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:09 am
IanF wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:26 pm I’m drinking my “thank you” from the company as we speak. I literally saved a flight and 308 passengers last Sunday (by just showing up, but hey, cheers!)
Cool story bro, but I literally cannot see the slightest whiff of a connection between that and the thread, even by the standards of this forum! :lol:
Maybe read the post 3 up from mine and see how the conversation went, or don’t. Whatever! 🤷‍♂️
Cheers,

Ian