The Watches Thread

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Re: The Watches Thread

Post by Matty »

Can I talk about Smart Watches in here? Or is that to techie and advanced for you old timers?

If so, does anyone have a TicWatch E2? or Pro?
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Ticwatch pro :D

Works fine, integrates with wear os well, customisable faces and can be always on if you wanna spank the battery but when its critically low it reverts to the digital display to still tell time, steps, heart rate.

Good bit of kit, picked it up for £189 on a promo from Amazon 15 months ago and its not scratched or dented (i'm mega tough on watches for some reason and always manage to chip the glass or scratch the screen/casing but not so much with this one). Would recommend.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Back from service, seems to be working perfectly and that internal scraping noise has gone. I've given it a pair of new suede shoes as well. :P

Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Glad you got it sorted. The Explorer is a very versatile watch, even looks alright on a NATO ;)
M235i
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Matty wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:20 pm Can I talk about Smart Watches in here? Or is that to techie and advanced for you old timers?

If so, does anyone have a TicWatch E2? or Pro?
FYI us old timers would have written 'too', instead of 'to'. Ask your smart watch for advice in future. ;)
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Pete_ wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:26 am Back from service, seems to be working perfectly and that internal scraping noise has gone. I've given it a pair of new suede shoes as well. :P

Nice 👍
mik

Post by mik »

Does the case back look lovingly screwed back on? 😎
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

mik wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:42 pm Does the case back look lovingly screwed back on? 😎
She said that it was really hard to get off/on and they don't know why. They scratched the caseback a bit when trying and had to polish it out. There's a few marks but I don't mind too much. The previous watch guy I went to (who said there was nothing wrong with the watch) took it off and on right in front of me very easily.
GG.

Post by GG. »

speedingfine wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:27 pm
Pete_ wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:26 am Back from service, seems to be working perfectly and that internal scraping noise has gone. I've given it a pair of new suede shoes as well. :P

Nice 👍
+1 Nice watch Pete.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Great stuff Pete, glad to hear it.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

GG. wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:36 pm
speedingfine wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:27 pm
Nice 👍
+1 Nice watch Pete.
This 8-)
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Cheers guys. I'm still smitten with it.

The strap isn't a NATO, Alex, but I might get something more fun and colourful for summer.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

teacherboy wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:51 pm Ticwatch pro :D

Works fine, integrates with wear os well, customisable faces and can be always on if you wanna spank the battery but when its critically low it reverts to the digital display to still tell time, steps, heart rate.

Good bit of kit, picked it up for £189 on a promo from Amazon 15 months ago and its not scratched or dented (i'm mega tough on watches for some reason and always manage to chip the glass or scratch the screen/casing but not so much with this one). Would recommend.
Good to know, I've come close to buying one a couple of times but Amazon reviews put me off.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Hmm, the Ticwatch Pro 4G is on offer at the moment, £187 if you use their 0% finance.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

I’m at it again:

Never been bothered with the look and idea of a bigger Rolex before, but this one looks ok.

Fake/replica quality though is incredible. It’s heavy, the bracelet is very good (needed to take a couple of links out) and includes the correct Rolex adjustment mechanism, and the clasp is robust. The dial detail under a loupe is superb, this of course is where many fakes show themselves up. The locking crown works well (not about to test it in the Mariana Trench though), the pigments show up well in the dark and all told for £50 it’s bloody impressive.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I don't get the point of buying a fake, but if you're happy with it, then that's what matters.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I see it has an original gas escape valve much like myself 8-)
How about not having a sig at all?
Richard

Post by Richard »

I'm guessing SD also wears £10 Gucci trainers from the market?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Shame they don't do replicas which just look like nice watches just without the fake branding and badges.
Cheers, Harry
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

For the trained eye, the printing on the fake Deepsea is off. Not bad for 50 quid though.
M235i