SORNing your cars

PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Re: SORNing your cars

Post by PaulJ »

If you are allowed to exercise a dog, you should be allowed to exercise your car. (I speak as a non dog owning car fan, of course).
Barry

Post by Barry »

SORN the Civic seeing as MOT runs out in two weeks and I cba with the inevitable rush to get MOTs sorted once/if the lockdown is lifted. It'll save me £27/mth in the interim.

Won't bother with the bikes as the minute this confinement is lifted I'm going out on all of them, as much as I can manage.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

We’re just going to alternate the two cars, as has already been stated the cost of brakes etc outweighs the cost of tax, but we will enjoy getting out and about. Very slim chance but both our parents live in opposite directions so we may need to visit them separately, one set is already self isolating and we’re sorting food out for them.

On the plus side knowing that our cars are off the road and not needed daily I’ve started doing some jobs on them in the lighter evenings.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Wife is using ours to commute into central London. Cheaper for her to drive in now that congestion and parking charges are suspended.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Marv

Post by Marv »

Barry wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:12 pm
Won't bother with the bikes as the minute this confinement is lifted I'm going out on all of them, as much as I can manage.
We've had about three weeks of mostly sunny weather here now, in Suffolk.

I'm convinced once the confinement is lifted, the weather is going to turn to utter shit again 😂

Not wanting to put a downer on anything, like!
Oui, je suis un motard.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Marv wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:18 pm
Barry wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:12 pm
We've had about three weeks of mostly sunny weather here now, in Suffolk.

I'm convinced once the confinement is lifted, the weather is going to turn to utter shit again 😂

Not wanting to put a downer on anything, like!
Bloody weather, I'm losing my mind here. The minute they lift this thing even a little, I'm heading for the hills. :lol:
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

All of you that have cars that will seize up and explode after a month of inactivity are fucking hilarious btw. Sometimes my Transit will sit on the drive for 3 months doing nothing, then I'll jump in and drive it to Exeter and back without an issue.

Ergo, get yourselves a 19 year old Tranny ;)
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Gwaredd wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:42 pm All of you that have cars that will seize up and explode after a month of inactivity are fucking hilarious btw. Sometimes my Transit will sit on the drive for 3 months doing nothing, then I'll jump in and drive it to Exeter and back without an issue.

Fucking pervert.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Gwaredd wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:42 pm All of you that have cars that will seize up and explode after a month of inactivity are fucking hilarious btw. Sometimes my Transit will sit on the drive for 3 months doing nothing, then I'll jump in and drive it to Exeter and back without an issue.

Did it self identify as a Tranny or has it always been a Ford van from birth?
seb

Post by seb »

I sorned my van a few days ago. I only really use it for going MTBing, and I'm not going to be doing much of that (short of riding from the door) for the forseeable...

Like some others here, my income has dropped to essentially zero for the time being.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Why do they still insist on cheques for refunds? Haven’t paid one in for years.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

simon_g wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:40 pm Why do they still insist on cheques for refunds? Haven’t paid one in for years.
Scan it into your mobile phone banking app.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Carlos wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:58 pm
simon_g wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:40 pm Why do they still insist on cheques for refunds? Haven’t paid one in for years.
What he said. But Halifax/BoS has £1000 limit on paying in cheques via the app.
M235i
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Yep, the Defender and TT will be sorned. I’m annoyed I didn’t do it by the end of March so will do it in a couple of weeks and put them to bed for a long lay off with a bit of prep.

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Alex_ wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:05 pm
your tax is more than £1000?!!
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Rich B wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:25 pm
Alex_ wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:05 pm

your tax is more than £1000?!!
Obviously no. It was more of a general comment on the limit some banking apps will allow you to pay in.
M235i
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

seb wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:42 pm I sorned my van a few days ago. I only really use it for going MTBing, and I'm not going to be doing much of that (short of riding from the door) for the forseeable...

Like some others here, my income has dropped to essentially zero for the time being.
Blimey - where have you been?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
seb

Post by seb »

unzippy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:53 am Blimey - where have you been?
I used to find that when I was bored or procrastinating my hands would (completely on autopilot) hit F6 and then c and then enter. That selected my address bar, did all I needed for "community.evo.co.uk/forums" or whatever to autocomplete, and took me there. Often I'd find myself on evo without even really knowing that I'd done it.

As soon as we switched to ov9, that didn't work, and I just... stopped.

Yesterday I wondered what chat about cv there might be here. Came along, saw an 81 page thread and thought "fuck that", and posted something of utterly no consequence or interest in this one instead :D
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

welcome back. now I just press 'g' or 'c' and up pops the forum :)
Left over crest; tightens.