Coronavirus

ZedLeg

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ZedLeg »

I don’t think that was called for SJ.

I don’t think anyone is “revelling in the doom & gloom”.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:36 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 pm No previously diagnosed underlying health conditions...
Minor correction.

You've been positively revelling in the doom & gloom, maybe you can cut it out now, for your mate's sake.
What the fuck are you on about? When have I revelled in anything? I’m just discussing it the same as anyone else.

Fuck you, you utter prick.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Tell you what, SJ, if you can find a post of mine where I’m “revelling in the doom and gloom” in this thread, I’ll give £20 to your favourite charity. If not, you have to give £20 to mine. Otherwise, I’ll accept your apology.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

:shock: Wow. He continues to amaze me....

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:59 am Fuck you, you utter prick.
Now, that is uncalled for.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:50 am :shock: Wow. He continues to amaze me....

I've been watching this and it's quite entertaining his spats with cnn fake news. It's also quite frightening at the same time. However the American people love him.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:04 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:59 am Fuck you, you utter prick.
Now, that is uncalled for.
It’s a response to your bullshit accusation and is fully called for. Act like a prick, get called a prick.

I notice you haven’t actually addressed the issue. Please send your £20 to the North West Air Ambulance and show the receipt here. Thanks.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:06 am Tell you what, SJ, if you can find a post of mine where I’m “revelling in the doom and gloom” in this thread, I’ll give £20 to your favourite charity. If not, you have to give £20 to mine. Otherwise, I’ll accept your apology.
Here's your apology:

Fuck you, you utter prick.

Apparently that's a perfectly acceptable response now.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Actually, seeing as we live in a democracy, I've put it to a vote.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 pm One of my mates has just been blue lighted to hospital with CV. He’s been ill for about a week where he’s been up and down. They came close to calling an ambulance for him a few days ago but he perked up but has deteriorated badly over the last 48 hours and has spent the last 12 hours vomiting, bad fever and breathing difficulties. No underlying health conditions and only 42.
That’s just absolutely grim and awful. Fingers crossed he pulls through.
Cheers,

Mike.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Ascender wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:47 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 pm One of my mates has just been blue lighted to hospital with CV. He’s been ill for about a week where he’s been up and down. They came close to calling an ambulance for him a few days ago but he perked up but has deteriorated badly over the last 48 hours and has spent the last 12 hours vomiting, bad fever and breathing difficulties. No underlying health conditions and only 42.
That’s just absolutely grim and awful. Fingers crossed he pulls through.
Cheers, he was moved to ICU overnight and has had chest x-rays done. Waiting to hear from his wife this morning. One of my other mates who lives round the corner from them has dropped off supplies so she doesn’t need to worry about shopping etc.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Was he a key worker or just wrong place? Just utter shite either way.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gavin wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:03 am Was he a key worker or just wrong place? Just utter shite either way.
He was self-isolating because his wife had mild symptoms the week before and recovered.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Fingers crossed for your mate, Rev. A work colleagues dad passed away with what appears to be CV over the weekend and they were only showing symptoms for a couple of days before hand, it’s a shit time all round.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am
Gavin wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:03 am Was he a key worker or just wrong place? Just utter shite either way.
He was self-isolating because his wife had mild symptoms the week before and recovered.
Hope he recovers soon Dave. I assume he and his wife are a similar age? Tough to hear of people 'our age' getting serious symptoms from it, and one person in a house getting it mildly not meaning the same for others :(
Left over crest; tightens.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JonMad wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:30 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am
Hope he recovers soon Dave. I assume he and his wife are a similar age? Tough to hear of people 'our age' getting serious symptoms from it, and one person in a house getting it mildly not meaning the same for others :(
It’s definitely worrying. He’s not the pinnacle of health but probably “normal” for his age group. If I got it as badly as him, I think with my underlying conditions I’d be a goner.

Edit: update from his wife: the docs are “happy with his progress”
Last edited by NotoriousREV on Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Indeed. It's all strange.

It's an interesting thing whereby they're claiming about health issues though - a study linked on Reddit claimed that 80% of hospitalised cases in the Netherlands, the patients were clinically overweight or Obese, and 70% of cases here in the UK are the same (although I can't find substantiated figures for the latter).

That being said, being 'clinically overweight' isn't really difficult - I'm 6ft and 13.5st which by the standard BMI chart means I'm clinically overweight :?
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:38 am Edit: update from his wife: the docs are “happy with his progress”
Glad to hear it.

I’m 40 and I think in reasonable health, but I can’t help feeling a little bit more susceptible now there’s plenty of people way under the ‘magic’ 70 being affected quite badly.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:38 am Edit: update from his wife: the docs are “happy with his progress”
Glad to hear that.
M235i
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Matty wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 am
That being said, being 'clinically overweight' isn't really difficult - I'm 6ft and 13.5st which by the standard BMI chart means I'm clinically overweight :?
Yeah, BMI is pretty useless if you’re over average size. I’m 6’4” and quite a big build so I came in overweight at 16 stone. The nurse just laughed and told me not to worry about it at my health check :lol:.

Glad to hear your mate is mate is doing ok in hospital Rev.
An absolute unit