Coronavirus

NotoriousREV

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NotoriousREV »

From a graph I saw earlier, we’re now seeing larger daily increases in new cases than Italy were at this number of infections.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:09 pm From a graph I saw earlier, we’re now seeing larger daily increases in new cases than Italy were at this number of infections.
or we have more test kits?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:10 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:09 pm From a graph I saw earlier, we’re now seeing larger daily increases in new cases than Italy were at this number of infections.
Italy started testing in large numbers but stopped that once they got overwhelmed and only tested those with most severe symptoms. I’m not sure where that changed occurred, though, so it’s hard to know what impact that had on their numbers.

I don’t know what our testing criteria is. A mate of mine is waiting for his test results after someone in his skiing group tested positive (they were in Verbier)
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:14 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:10 pm
Italy started testing in large numbers but stopped that once they got overwhelmed and only tested those with most severe symptoms. I’m not sure where that changed occurred, though, so it’s hard to know what impact that had on their numbers.
who knows - It’s all guessing at figures now.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I thought the uk was only testing people in hospital now?
Cheers, Harry
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It’s not guessing. People who actually know what they’re doing are using actual statistical analysis. Guessing implies just making stuff up. Just because you don’t understand the numbers doesn’t mean those people who do are just “guessing”.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Sorry, educated guessing.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:22 pm Sorry, educated guessing.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Play nicely children... And wash your hands!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Anyone with a cold now is assumed to have coronavirus because we don’t enough test kits 😂
All you can do is wait and call 111 if you can no longer breath at this point.
How about not having a sig at all?
evostick

Post by evostick »

True story: Back in the last week of November, the mrs and I were in the V&A museum. We were checking a couple of coats into the cloakroom. Around the wall, at the side of the cloakroom there's a water fountain. I watched in hungover horror as a very sick looking late middle-aged chinese man in a dirty raincoat, whilst ostensibly attempting to fill a water bottle, inserted his fingers into his mouth and wiped them all over the stainless steel fountain. He saw me looking and then disappeared into the crowd. I'd forgotten about it until the other day when the mrs reminded me. I thought at the time it was just some random sick bastard but now I'm wondering if he was an agent of some sort personally exporting a biological weapon overseas :lol:

As you were..
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:lol:
When the Coronavirus first started getting coverage in the news there were clips on twitter of sick Chinese people trying to spread the disease like that. Old men wiping saliva on elevator buttons, door knobs, car handles...
Share the love eh.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Two people at both of our datacentres both displaying symptoms and now self-isolating. Everyone else fled, they were unmanned last night apart from security.

Current advice is that both DCs have been cleaned so safe to go back...
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Its f*cking end-of-days, apocalyptic scenes at some of our local shops. They're going to have to put some sort of controls in place as its carnage and I really feel for aged, vulnerable and people who simply can't afford to shop in bulk or drive around trying to find essential supplies.
Cheers,

Mike.
evostick

Post by evostick »

Ascender wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:32 pm Its f*cking end-of-days, apocalyptic scenes at some of our local shops. They're going to have to put some sort of controls in place as its carnage and I really feel for aged, vulnerable and people who simply can't afford to shop in bulk or drive around trying to find essential supplies.
It's very sad. A lot of people are in shock and the media have a lot to answer for here. They should be spreading reassurance and calm advice not fear and panic at a time like this.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Scarborough Morrisons had no toilet roll, kitchen roll, or anything.

Didn't bother me as I wasnt there for it but its concerning for those who need it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep, sales of Primark socks have rocketed as people seek alternatives.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Local petrol station came through. Pasta, loo roll, soap, cold & flu tabs and the latest issue of Fiesta all under one roof.

I’m going back tomorrow.
4283F68E-9435-482E-8199-4BEE1572517E.jpeg
4283F68E-9435-482E-8199-4BEE1572517E.jpeg (223.57 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Cheers,

Mike.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:13 pm
If it all kicks off, we will go camping in the north of Scotland for a few weeks and let it all blow over :lol:

Dave!

So, you think you can escape pain and despair that easily, Mr. Granite? Ah but you forget the midges...mwahahaha :twisted: [/Herr McBondvillain].
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:15 pm
V8Granite wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:13 pm
If it all kicks off, we will go camping in the north of Scotland for a few weeks and let it all blow over :lol:

Dave!

So, you think you can escape pain and despair that easily, Mr. Granite? Ah but you forget the midges...mwahahaha :twisted: [/Herr McBondvillain].
I’ll add flamethrowers to the de-bug kit.

Dave!