Decent Recent TV

ZedLeg

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by ZedLeg »

I only found out that the creator (Noah Hawley) is the same guy that makes the Fargo TV show the other day.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

The latest expanse was proper, proper good.

That is all.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:21 pm The latest expanse was proper, proper good.

That is all.
Spoiler
I thought it was a too much of a time jump and the Roci's crew suddenly dispersed, the protomolecule suddenly being benign(ish), did the books do the same thing?
Beany

Post by Beany »

RobYob wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:00 pm
Beany wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:21 pm The latest expanse was proper, proper good.

That is all.
Spoiler
I thought it was a too much of a time jump and the Roci's crew suddenly dispersed, the protomolecule suddenly being benign(ish), did the books do the same thing?
It's been a while since I read them, but I think it wasn't hugely dissimilar; I'd expect had they done a season jump at this point, they'd have had more exposition/explanation as a 'soft landing' back into things, but as they're pulling characters and plotlines from multiple books at a time to help condense things a bit - which is definitely necessary - I don't have a massive problem with it.

Apropos of nothing, the Belter version of Deep Purples Highway Star was pretty fun and spot on for that scene. Ended the episode well, too, even though I knew exactly what was coming, they visualised it....quite tremendously ;-)
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Although not usually a fan of the Deus Ex Protomolecule moments that was fucking awesome. 8-)

Would've been good to have the slingshot racer in an episode 6.5 where they might have given the timeline a bit more room to, well, expand...
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I am upto Ep.3 of Counterpart with J.K Simmons

Worth continuing ?
Real-life Females
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Has the fact that Clayne Crawford's been sacked from Lethal Weapon been mentioned - Bloody great series, over... :x

Apparently they're drafting in Stifler from American Pie as "Riggs Craaaaazy Brother"...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Nathan wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:31 pm I am upto Ep.3 of Counterpart with J.K Simmons

Worth continuing ?
It's quite easy mate, if you're enjoying it (yeah, I know) continue. If not, do something else.

Next.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Heads up. Beck live at 9pm on BBC4 and then slightly delayed coverage of Orbital at 10pm (you can stream them live on BBC website/iplayer at 9.10pm if you're not bothered about Beck)
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Agents of SHIELD

Colossal end of season spoilers

Spoiler
I'm not kidding.

Seriously, look the fuck AWAY

That was going so very well until they decided to pull some time loop paradox character resurrection bullshit.
What was a beautiful tragic moment commemorating the sacrifices made by Fitz and Coulson to save the future they fucked COMPLETELY.
I think both Shield and The Flash have outstayed their welcome now.
Season 4 of The Expanse is moving to Amazon which is brilliant news.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Anybody watching Handmaids Tale?

Didn't see the end of last week's episode coming at all.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

RobYob wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 am
Season 4 of The Expanse is moving to Amazon which is brilliant news.
Yup, and they seem to have some other interesting stuff in the works too - Snow Crash and Consider Phlebas (from the Culture series by Ian M Banks).

I might have to subscribe to Amazon Prime at this rate.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Not forgetting their billion dollar Aragorn: The Early Years middle earth series.

Having just started working through the Culture books, I'd be interested in a decently produced TV show based on them.
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Beany wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 pmSnow Crash
Well this is news!! 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:15 pm
Beany wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 pmSnow Crash
Well this is news!! 8-)
Clicky for basic info
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

To that end, Amazon also tapped two other well-known authors for projects today. First up: comics author Greg Rucka, whose book Lazarus is also being adapted. Set in a dystopian near future, the book centers on 16 warring families who control humanity, and the one-person kill squads they use to exert their will.
That's cool, I really liked that series.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

The latest Expanse episodes just seem to be getting better and better. Seriously, if you've not got into this, binge the first two seasons on Netflix - where it will appear to be a well done, if fairly standard and quite 'hard' sci-fi romp - because it's about to start getting seriously fucking weird in the best possible ways.
David_Yu

Post by David_Yu »

This week's Westworld and Agents of SHIELD (UK schedule) are absolutely EPIC.
Will be bereft when both finish soon.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Just discovered homeland and binged on the first 3 series, up to S7 now i understand..
Richard

Post by Richard »

Foz wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 pm Just discovered homeland and binged on the first 3 series, up to S7 now i understand..
The first season was incredible, wasn’t it?

Wish they were brave enough to end it with a bang