The Music Thread

Swervin_Mervin

Re: The Music Thread

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Delphi wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:01 pm
Whilst my musical tastes are well known amongst most of you, even if you don't like metal, you owe it to yourself to check out Katatonia - no, not the awful 90's Welsh band fronted by that screeching bint, a Swedish band who produce some truly amazing music :-

My Twin

Lethean
I'm still to check them out, despite a mate in Aus never ceasing to go on about them.

I've just had SikTh's The Future In Whose Eyes back in the car, after some time away from it. There are some real special tracks on that album 8-)

Going to give Orbital's new offering a try out today I think - Tiny Foldable Cities.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Been on a bit of a Deftones kick for the last couple of days, had the self titled album on this morning.

I've lost interest in finding new metal a bit over the last few years though. There are a few bands that I'll still check out if they bring out new stuff but mostly I let it pass me by.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

This year should be promising on that front.

A Perfect Circle's new album was out this month. There are (as ever) strong rumours that Tool's next album might finally make it out this year as well.

Other personal faves releasing new material are Middle Class Rut and Cog.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I noticed that Skeletonwitch are releasing songs so I'm guessing they'll have an album out shortly. Winterfylleth had a new album out recently but it was all acoustic/low key stuff which isn't my cup of tea.
An absolute unit
Richard

Post by Richard »

GG. wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:37 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 am
Alex_ wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:24 pm This thread reminds me to listen to Jack White's new album.
Is that the one where he finally disappears up his own rectum?
I listened to the first half of it last night and would say that critique is 100% accurate.
I tried it too. Didn’t care for it

I really liked Blunderbuss
Richard

Post by Richard »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:26 pm
240PP wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:47 am I've got tickets for this guy tomorrow night.

Richard Major?
Thanks for the support

Hope you had a good time and bought some merch
Richard

Post by Richard »

Being one of the cool kids, I’m really into the new Post Malone album. It’s very, very good, if you’re into that sort of thing

Need to try the new Gaz Coombes, and also Artic Monkeys
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I'm liking the latest album from Fluxion ("Ripple Effect") - nice, dubby techno.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Richard wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:45 pm Being one of the cool kids, I’m really into the new Post Malone album. It’s very, very good, if you’re into that sort of thing

Need to try the new Gaz Coombes, and also Artic Monkeys
I tried listening to Post Malone and thought it was shit, not really into mumble rap though. The new J Cole album is the best rap album so far this year.

The new Artic Monkeys was a bit meh imo. I can see what the concept was but the music is just a bit bland.
An absolute unit
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I downloaded Broken Records latest album this week and have listened to it a few times. Hints of Simple Minds in some tracks so if you like that kind of music well worth a listen.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

I'm obviously a bit out of line with the forum music tastes but, a couple of albums I'm been particularly enjoying recently are:
L'Entourloop - Chickens in your town and Le Savoir Faire (french DJ playing UK hip-hop over dubby/yardie beats like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA0i7nU2swo)
Gramatik - Official & Bootleg Remixes + Colabs & Rare Tracks (trip-hop/instrumental hip-hop like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK2uoc4ah40)
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

New Chvrches album came out last week. It took a couple of listens to get into but I'm really digging it now. There's no real stand out track but as a whole it's pretty great.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:47 pm New Chvrches album came out last week. It took a couple of listens to get into but I'm really digging it now. There's no real stand out track but as a whole it's pretty great.
Watched their set from the Biggest Weekend and they sounded good but something was obviously pissing Lauren off. Also, I discovered she’s 30 so I feel a bit less like an old perv.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nefarious wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 6:50 pm I'm obviously a bit out of line with the forum music tastes but, a couple of albums I'm been particularly enjoying recently are:
L'Entourloop - Chickens in your town and Le Savoir Faire (french DJ playing UK hip-hop over dubby/yardie beats like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA0i7nU2swo)
Gramatik - Official & Bootleg Remixes + Colabs & Rare Tracks (trip-hop/instrumental hip-hop like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK2uoc4ah40)

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:22 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:47 pm New Chvrches album came out last week. It took a couple of listens to get into but I'm really digging it now. There's no real stand out track but as a whole it's pretty great.
Watched their set from the Biggest Weekend and they sounded good but something was obviously pissing Lauren off. Also, I discovered she’s 30 so I feel a bit less like an old perv.
I've got the impression that she's not that big on playing live anymore after all the shite she's had to deal with from gross guys.
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:40 am
I've got the impression that she's not that big on playing live anymore after all the shite she's had to deal with from gross guys.
What did Rev do?!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:40 am
Anyone got any burn cream? 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

On a serious note, that’s a shame. There’s some of their earlier live performances on YouTube and the way she engages with the crowd is brilliant.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

:lol: I was going to clarify that I wasn't talking about Rev but decided what I said was funnier.

We saw them when they toured the last album and they were great. I don't think they've played live much recently, maybe she'll warm to it again.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It looked like she was having a problem with someone in the crowd (she was mouthing something to someone angrily at one point) and she did a massive eye roll at the end of one song and went and stood at the other side of the stage for a few mins. It was either that or she was having technical issues that were pissing her off.
Middle-aged Dirtbag