Your fleet running reports

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Jobbo »

My Boxster alternator failed when we were on an Evo meet in Oxfordshire. ABS light came in first, no doubt due to low battery which wasn’t being charged. It lived a bit longer before totally dying next to a steaming pile of manure, which seemed apt at the time.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Fuckedy fuck fuck.

Smashed a massive pothole on the way home - one damaged rim and 2 burst tyres on the Up, it even managed to take out the rear :evil: No evidence of anyone else having issues, so either I just caught it at a funny angle or everyone else had balloon tyres. Either way, there's a nice £200 bill in time for christmas.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Matty wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:54 pm Fuckedy fuck fuck.

Smashed a massive pothole on the way home - one damaged rim and 2 burst tyres on the Up, it even managed to take out the rear :evil: No evidence of anyone else having issues, so either I just caught it at a funny angle or everyone else had balloon tyres. Either way, there's a nice £200 bill in time for christmas.
holy fuck, there are some absolute craters out there - I hate that sickening sound when you hit one...
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:13 pm My Boxster alternator failed when we were on an Evo meet in Oxfordshire. ABS light came in first, no doubt due to low battery which wasn’t being charged. It lived a bit longer before totally dying next to a steaming pile of manure, which seemed apt at the time.
Im on Alternator number 3 on the Elise. Tried to limp it home from Knockhill the second time - Got just over halfway when it coughed to a stop. Then had to wait 3 hours for Green flag. Luckily it was sunny.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Bought an F01 740D. It’s not silver !! But it’s got a pretty high spec so I’ll give it a try and see if I can cope.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:57 pm It’s not silver !!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:57 pm Bought an F01 740D. It’s not silver !! But it’s got a pretty high spec so I’ll give it a try and see if I can cope.
Is this the first sign of the start of the apocalypse?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

jamcg wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:59 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:57 pm Bought an F01 740D. It’s not silver !! But it’s got a pretty high spec so I’ll give it a try and see if I can cope.
Is this the first sign of the start of the apocalypse?
Mole Black ?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:57 pm It’s not silver !!
:o
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Picture evidence or you're assumed to be trolling.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

Doom blue?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:54 pm Picture evidence or you're assumed to be trolling.
The custard test ?

You’ll have to wait a day or two, the car’s not here with me yet.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:07 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:54 pm Picture evidence or you're assumed to be trolling.
The custard test ?

You’ll have to wait a day or two, the car’s not here with me yet.
That's about it. What's the spec?
---
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

2012 740d M Sport Luxury Edition in Azurite. It looks black until the sun hits it when it shows it's actually a very very deep blue/purple.

I think the "Luxury Edition" was a runout special before the facelift, it gave you the Nappa Comfort seats, Professional speaker upgrade, soft-close doors and 20" wheels. And a couple of other bits. The seats are just wonderful and the main reason I've done it. There's also leather across the top of the dash and the doors which is nice. Not sure if that was standard on the F01. Although a lot of the parts are the same as the F10 it feels a lot more plush.

It's highish miles @ 118k but drives nicely and the interior is all good. It feels like a car that's been used considerately. The "professional" nav/audio system in this era of BMW has a HDD that you can load your own CDs onto and I had a look into the last owner's musical taste - it's all easy listening, plus quite a few Eagles albums. I think it's had a very sensible grownup person at the wheel 8-)

There's a few bits of paint that could do with looking at, just stone chips and scuffs, I'll leave that until the spring and see whether I'm really bothered.

The dealer - a low rent place but seemed quite honest - was very pleased with himself that he'd done new front discs & pads, and tyres all round, but the tyres are nasty nasty. Accelera on the back and Triangle on the front :? I shall be changing those ASAP because the Acceleras DO NOT cope with this engine when the road is damp. Recommendations welcome before I press the button on a set of PS4S in the new year. 20" tyres are not cheap...

The engine is another magnificent piece of work. Three litre straight six (like my Dad's Alvis !), but diesel with two turbots producing 443 lbft at 1,500rpm. And yet it should still do 45mpg.

I'm starting a new job in Jan with a 55 mile commute each way so this is my excuse to pamper myself.

Anyone want a 530d ??
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:07 pm

Accelera on the back and Triangle on the front :? I shall be changing those ASAP because the Acceleras DO NOT cope with this engine when the road is damp. Recommendations welcome before I press the button on a set of PS4S in the new year. 20" tyres are not cheap...

Other than the tyres it sounds awesome! Tyre wise, I'm a huge fan of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sport. Massively better than the MPSS and MPS4 I've had previously on the M140i, especially so at this time of year.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:07 pm It looks black until the sun hits it when it shows it's actually a very very deep blue/purple.
Doom blue then. Called it. ;)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I shall look into Goodyears.

Other reason for 740 instead of 730 - symmetrical exhausts 8-)

(not my actual car)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Simon wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:40 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:07 pm It looks black until the sun hits it when it shows it's actually a very very deep blue/purple.
What colour was doom blue, exactly ? I missed the main fun on that thread.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That sounds like a very nice tool for commuting in.

Edit: and congrats on the new job!
---
Simon

Post by Simon »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:50 pm
Simon wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:40 pm
What colour was doom blue, exactly ? I missed the main fun on that thread.
I'm just messing with you. SD's Doom Blue was a very dark blue, but still very obviously blue. Your's is nearer black.