Your fleet running reports

Nic

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Nic »

Got it looking how I want, new brakes, new wheels and tyres.

Put it up for sale :?

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Looks epic, Nic.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It definitely looks ridiculously smart for the little money (£4-5k wasn’t it?) you have in it.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Thanks, I bought it for £3750, have spent on wheels, tyres, new brakes all round, fixed the air con and lowered it. I put it on eBay for £7k and have just turned down an offer of 6k, i reckon it’s worth around £6700/6600.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks nice that.

I went and bought a bag of wood chips from Mole Valley yesterday and placed it in the boot of my car (6 series). Went to retrieve it today and noticed an absolute mess. There must have been a mouse in it and a look with a UV lights shows it’s piss trail. So I removed the chips and looked through it but can’t see any mouse so the fucker must be in my car.
I have some poison but I’m scared it’ll eat it and die in an inaccessible place so think I need a mouse trap. Fucking weird day.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:41 pm Looks nice that.

I went and bought a bag of wood chips from Mole Valley yesterday and placed it in the boot of my car (6 series). Went to retrieve it today and noticed an absolute mess. There must have been a mouse in it and a look with a UV lights shows it’s piss trail. So I removed the chips and looked through it but can’t see any mouse so the fucker must be in my car.
I have some poison but I’m scared it’ll eat it and die in an inaccessible place so think I need a mouse trap. Fucking weird day.
Peanut butter in the mouse trap. They can't resist the stuff
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I bought 2 traps and did that. Hopefully the little shit gets caught without gnawing on something important :shock:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

What happened with the Lupo situation [mention]Nic[/mention] ?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:58 pm I bought 2 traps and did that. Hopefully the little shit gets caught without gnawing on something important :shock:
Got it. Boot covered in piss and turds though but I can sleep peacefully tonight!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Unless there were two in there 🤔
Cheers, Harry
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Nic wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:37 pm Got it looking how I want, new brakes, new wheels and tyres.
Looking very smart with the wheels, ride height and stance.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Matty wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:35 pm What happened with the Lupo situation @Nic ?
Not a great deal. Two weeks ago NFU appointed an outside investigation company to interview me regarding the claim as for whatever reason they thought I was trying it on. Still waiting for this third party company to contact me. I was offered £1700 for it initially which I turned down and I’ve been printing off adverts for other cars over the last few weeks and I’ve found a couple of buyers guides which mention oil consumption which I’ve used as evidence of the engine build being essential to value in future. I doubt I’ll hear anything this side of the new year.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Coaster1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:02 am
Nic wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:37 pm Got it looking how I want, new brakes, new wheels and tyres.
Looking very smart with the wheels, ride height and stance.
Thanks!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

JonMad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:11 pm
JonMad wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:41 am
V8Granite wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:10 pm The wife did a Phil Price rally school today
Tell us more.

Took the Fabia to the station this morning. Spotted the really small space near the entrance to the car park was empty, the one only suitable for little cars. Reversed in. Into a lamppost. Arse. Think I only caught the mudguard, not the bodywork. Still, grr.
On closer (daylight) inspection there's an inch or so crack at the bottom edge of the rear bumper, and it's not sitting flush by a few mm where it meets the drivers' side rear quarter panel. Grr, for a second time.

Only annoying as there were about 100 other parking spaces I could have parked in with much less risk of hitting anything. Tit.
On even closer inspection I’ve mildly scraped the wheel arch, put a little dent in the rear corner next to the lights and dislodged or broken (not quite sure) one or two of the mountings where the mud flap was bolted on. Grr, some more.

On the plus side, the Cross Climates are on now so bring on the snow - so I can unnecessarily drive it and probably damage something else.
Left over crest; tightens.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Bought a set of Conti winter tyres for the Focus in 205/55/16 from eBay for £104. Date stamp is 1748 so not been sitting around for ages. Bit comfier than the 17s on at the minute, hopefully, but still waiting to buy a set of wheels to put them on. Should be able to pick up a set from a guy on Facebook on Thursday for £80. Also waiting for snow.
Pretty wobbly steering at the minute but 40mph but getting a mate to change both track rod ends this week. Jacked it up on Friday and there was quite a bit of play in at least the one side I checked but getting both done anyway.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

And this morning the Fabia check engine light came on. Car seems to be running fine though. Thoughts:
- May be due to having the battery go flat so now it's recharged the light might go out eventually (though last time it went flat I don't recall the CEL coming on afterwards).
- May be due to me discovering a pipe that goes nowhere - see the pipe from the top of the engine that has a 90 degree bend in it in the pic here https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... pm/page/2/. I think it's supposed to go into the air box but I have a cone filter so think it goes nowhere. It might be that I've just noticed it's not going to anything, or, thinking about it, the cone filter came off after the last Targa rally so maybe there's a connection on it for this pipe that I've not noticed. But that was before the slalom event I did and the CEL wasn't on there. Will try and look when I next have daylight, and see if my bluetooth ODBII dongle and an app can tell me anything.
- May be something else.
Left over crest; tightens.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Just looks like a PCV hose to me. Manufacturers are not allowed to vent them to atmos, hence they are fed back into the intake. It won't be the cause of your CEL in my experience. Just read the code and then you don't have to guess :)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:37 pm
Mito Man wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:58 pm I bought 2 traps and did that. Hopefully the little shit gets caught without gnawing on something important :shock:
Got it. Boot covered in piss and turds though but I can sleep peacefully tonight!
Where are the traps from out of interest?
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Sloshing-behind-the-dash noises in the Zoe turned into water pouring into the footwell via the heater system at the end of last week. Not great with a 400v pack in the floor. Apparently Renault's are notorious for blocked scuttle drains and the Zoe is no exception. They aren't really accessible from above, cue a mucky old job of removing the arch liners and clearing the little hoses out. Luckily no harm seems to have been done - others have had bills of £1k+ to remove and dry the complete interior. I'm lucky to have a mrs who is a tremendous help with these things, so we worked it out together 8-)
scotta

Post by scotta »

Nic wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:34 pm Thanks, I bought it for £3750, have spent on wheels, tyres, new brakes all round, fixed the air con and lowered it. I put it on eBay for £7k and have just turned down an offer of 6k, i reckon it’s worth around £6700/6600.
Nice Wheels - i Had those on my A3.