What is wrong with me?

NotoriousREV

What is wrong with me?

Post by NotoriousREV »

At the risk of significant piss taking:

I mentioned in the motorbike thread that I’m looking at buying a new bike. I test rode the bike I want at the weekend, I told them I loved it, we discussed options etc. The salesman said he’d drop me an email with some details and he wanted me to send him pics and details of my BMW so he could sort out a p/ex price.

2 days pass and no email (to be fair they were closed on of those days), so I call them and they say “oh yeah, we got a bounce message” e.g. despite me writing my address down and confirming it twice they still got it wrong. So I give them my alternate address and says I’ll send it now.

At this point I’m expecting some finance illustrations, but no, it’s just him asking me for pics of the BMW, which I duly send (why didn’t he just give me his email address if that’s what he was going to do?).

Another day passes, so I email to check they got the photos. “Oh yes, they say. By the way, do you have any outstanding finance on the BMW?” We’d already discussed this on Saturday, but I tell them again: no, I own it outright. At this point I’m expecting the finance options by return. Another 2 days later and still nothing.

Why am I completely incapable of buying things? Is there some magic word I’m missing? Special handshake? Anything? Just to be clear, I haven’t paid any kind of deposit.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ilmostro

Re: What is wrong with me?

Post by ilmostro »

Fuck all wrong with you!

We live in a world (well the UK) where it's seems totally incompetent fuckwits seem to have been given jobs they don't have a clue how to do or are even aware that they are utterly useless shit level asshole mongs.
Last edited by ilmostro on Thu May 24, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

😂
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I managed to lease a car in less than an hour.

So many people DIW.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Have you called him to vent your rage at how difficult he seems to be making it for you to give him a suitcase full of cash?
Left over crest; tightens.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Dave, I think your idiot radar needs updating. Most companies need some level of micro management these days just to make sure they do as you ask.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:27 pm I managed to lease a car in less than an hour.

So many people DIW.
Did you get a receipt?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:09 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:27 pm I managed to lease a car in less than an hour.

So many people DIW.
Did you get a receipt?
I haven’t even paid anything but it’s arriving the day I get back from honeymoon. The old one is going the same day. Perfect.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I have the same problem with my local BMW and Audi dealer. In the case of the Audi they pretty much refused to engage in a conversation about a demo/management S6 in 2007 and a test-drive was out of the question. My wife suggested I went back dressed "tidy" but I refused on the basis that I'm not Julia Roberts 😀

Buying my M2 wasn't much better even though I'd had an M140i from them 6 months before .

Do you wear vests, tracky bottoms and shoes as well on the weekend Rev ?
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I think it was exiges who said he deliberately dressed like a scarecrow when he went buying cars.

Has he not made it over from the other place?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:22 am I have the same problem with my local BMW and Audi dealer. In the case of the Audi they pretty much refused to engage in a conversation about a demo/management S6 in 2007 and a test-drive was out of the question. My wife suggested I went back dressed "tidy" but I refused on the basis that I'm not Julia Roberts 😀

Buying my M2 wasn't much better even though I'd had an M140i from them 6 months before .

Do you wear vests, tracky bottoms and shoes as well on the weekend Rev ?
I was wearing my bike gear, y'know, 'cos of riding a bike ;)
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ste

Post by ste »

See: most people.

Essentially nearly everyone is a fuckwit. Proceed through life with this assumption and apply the necessary level of hand-holding of everyone until they prove they can do otherwise and the world provides less friction.

And it really is everyone. I asked someone on here with a business for a quote for something a month ago. Nothing back. Nic Dale asked him for something a month or so before that. Nothing there either.

To be honest people being unable to tie their own shoelaces without help keeps me in work, so there is that.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I was in the dealership 30 mins when I ordered my new car. Maybe 5 mins collecting it.

I think you’re DIW, somehow
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

ste wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:50 am See: most people.

Essentially nearly everyone is a fuckwit. Proceed through life with this assumption and apply the necessary level of hand-holding of everyone until they prove they can do otherwise and the world provides less friction.

And it really is everyone. I asked someone on here with a business for a quote for something a month ago. Nothing back. Nic Dale asked him for something a month or so before that. Nothing there either.

To be honest people being unable to tie their own shoelaces without help keeps me in work, so there is that.
You know there's no naming and shaming rule here. Spill.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:13 pm
ste wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:50 am See: most people.

You know there's no naming and shaming rule here. Spill.
My money's on Gwaredd, we know that finding Tim in Norfolk was a stretch. :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

While that's unfolding, it reminds me of the three times I've bought new - the first quadbike, the Honda and the Super Tenere. The quad and S10 situations were a pain in the arse - the quad was old stock that was being offloaded half price, so no-one gave a crap at the dealer. And the S10 - me and my mate bought one each and the only thing we could think to justify their unbelievable shitness was that the "salesman" - basically the point-at-the-bike-and-fill-out-paperwork-if-you-like-it moron - wasn't actually on any sort of commission structure, and that us actually wanting to buy motorbikes was nothing more than a hassle for him. Either that or he had actual mental issues.

Buying the Honda was OK, but still took about 5 days from actually saying yes please to getting the thing delivered. Kind of thought it would be same-day, in terms of here's money, give me thing.
Nic

Post by Nic »

My best example is from phoning the salesman to having the van delivered in a day and a half.

My worst example is dealing with Ford, had to chase for a fortnight for finance paperwork before being told I couldn’t get one for 6 months.
John

Post by John »

I tried to buy a Land Rover Defender from a main dealer. I spoke to the salesman at length on the phone who was very keen for me to use their finance and promised to get some figures together and get back in touch, never heard another thing from him. Bizarre.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

"I'll get back to you" is a red rag to a bull for me these days, especially in the HQ of all failure where I live.

"I bet you fucking don't" has become a stock response, sadly.

This is another source of total bafflement to me. If I promise to do something, I can't relax until it's closed out one way or another. Most people don't seem to give a shit.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My limited car purchasing experiences have gone pretty well. As simple as chatting with the salesman for a few minutes, paying a deposit and getting the car a few weeks later whilst spending another few minutes saying ‘no’ to all the additional crap they’re trying to sell.
How about not having a sig at all?