The Cats are good too thread

ZedLeg

Re: The Cats are good too thread

Post by ZedLeg »

Ours was my missus's and before we lived together she used to let him out at her old place. That was until her neighbours complained because she was bullying the other cats and she had to go to the vets after taking on foxes :lol:.
An absolute unit
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:55 pm
John wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:47 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am This is Mini. He always looks dead when he’s sleeping. He’s recently taken to hunting adult squirrels and bringing their carcasses home. We think he must have some Norwegian Forest Cat or Lynx in him or something. He’s a big lad.
Good boy 8-)
It's easy to spot Norwegian forest cat. They'll have heavy fur around their paw pads, on their belly and around the back of their legs so they don't get cold if they're rolling around in the snow. They also have long fur in their ears, like a Maine Coon.

We're pretty sure our old cat was at least part NFC. She was huge, weighed around 6kg.
main coons also have very furry pads and a lot of fur on their back legs, and a third fairly short coat on the belly

they can look almost identical the biggest difference is the jaw line, coons have a broad square jaw forests have a more triangular 'regular' cat type face

Join us, join the Teslarati!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:20 pm Ours was my missus's and before we lived together she used to let him out at her old place. That was until her neighbours complained because she was bullying the other cats and she had to go to the vets after taking on foxes :lol:.

Funnily enough, our cat weighs in at nearly 6kg. And I had to stop him from attacking a fox the other week.

He no Maine Coon or NFC though - he just a fat b**tard called Dave that's as thick as mince and tapped in the head.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:16 pm he just a fat b**tard called Dave that's as thick as mince and tapped in the head.
😡
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Dave:

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Psycho Killer.
289F322A-EA85-4673-8558-3D4DD4772825.jpeg
289F322A-EA85-4673-8558-3D4DD4772825.jpeg (66.03 KiB) Viewed 3161 times
Middle-aged Dirtbag
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Worked from home yesterday - tremendously productive!

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Ours has definitely got more friendly again now the weather has turned 😂
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Badger seems fascinated by the Ferrari 488 Pista. The sound is what first turned his head and he’s watched it avidly since.

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

891C4BA1-E669-4630-B80C-B00CADA88106.jpeg
891C4BA1-E669-4630-B80C-B00CADA88106.jpeg (18.03 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
158122E5-58B5-4BC1-9997-8BEB646657E8.jpeg
158122E5-58B5-4BC1-9997-8BEB646657E8.jpeg (17.16 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
Ours have been glued to the radiators again.

We put a blanket over one of the radiators for Pan (the one in the first picture) and she’ll lie down and go to sleep there.
An absolute unit
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Its amazing how much we see of all our cats now that the wood burner is on almost constantly. Even the treacherous little $hit who has pretty much moved in with our neighbours is here a lot.
Cheers,

Mike.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ascender wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:33 am Its amazing how much we see of all our cats now that the wood burner is on almost constantly. Even the treacherous little $hit who has pretty much moved in with our neighbours is here a lot.
Yep

Ahh, someone finally turned it on after me staring at it for weeks:

I'll just do the other side:
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

We went to Tassie for Christmas - by the time we decided to go all our cat sitting options were no longer available.

So we took her with us.

We packed up the car and her in her box and headed down to the port. 

We queued in the hot sun longer than I would have like before boarding, I could feel the (black) car heating up despite the air con running.  Got directed to the ventilated deck with the kennels and parked up.  We repacked the car so she had a bit of space to stretch her legs, reach her litter tray, food/water bowls and bed.  I disabled the alarm, cracked the windows open, locked the car and left her to it.  I was pretty worried about the car heating up due to the sun earlier but we were now in the shade and once the boat got moving it should be ok...

As we walked up stairs we passed the kennels - we definitely made the right decision - dogs were already barking away.

Crossing was dead calm and pretty boring.  $20 got me access to the wifi for the duration so I worked away saving me a days leave.

We headed back down as soon as we could (dogs were still barking) she had hopped up on the parcel shelf to see what all the humans were up to was going on - she was great!

She got back in her box and re packed the car for travelling.  Sat nav said 3.5hrs to Kingston, turned out the roads were pretty empty apart from the bugs so I managed to knock 50mins off that estimate.

She settled in just fine at the in-laws.  Obviously there was a fair amount of exploring, checking the decorations were up to scratch.

She didn't have the patience for fishing, on land or the boat.

But she was interested in the garden.

Way home was fine, had room to stock up now that the presents had been distributed.

We stopped to stretch her legs before getting on the boat but it was pretty windy so she didn't want to get out the car.

Night crossing back.  Same drill with the car, a little re arranging so she could move about and then we retired to the cabin.  Dead flat again, or at least if it was rough, it wasn't rough enough to wake me.

She was asleep when we go down there at 0515H - all good 8-)
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Amazing 8-)

Wouldn't dream of driving further than the 15mins to the cattery with ours. A loud metronomic meaow every 2s very quickly starts to peck your head :lol:
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

I think that's because she is still a kitten (just about to turn one) and as such sees everything is a fantastic adventure.
She also has yet to go to the vet in the carrier box, so has no negative experience to tie to the carrier box.

IaFG Down Under Division
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I don't like cats but that's a nice looking cat.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

unzippy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:16 am I think that's because she is still a kitten (just about to turn one) and as such sees everything is a fantastic adventure.
She also has yet to go to the vet in the carrier box, so has no negative experience to tie to the carrier box.
Did you have a harness on her for walking her outside the car?