Your fleet running reports

speedingfine

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by speedingfine »

mr_jon wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:46 pm EGR was stuck, RAC fella gave it some impact calibration and off we went. Have cleaned it out since getting back but not a lot in there tbh, so could be the EGR motor on the way out. Have left my own impact tool in the car for the now. Might all be warning signs to move it on though, as much as I take the mickey out of people who do that for the sake of a £100 part. Not sure how hard to push a complaint with RAC as nearly 6 hours is pretty slow, for something that took 10 mins to solve.
6hrs is terrible, I'd definitely chase it up.

This all sounds great fun 🤯

https ://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisismoney.co ... hours.html
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

mr_jon wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:46 pm Not sure how hard to push a complaint with RAC as nearly 6 hours is pretty slow, for something that took 10 mins to solve.
I had poor service from the RAC and simply left. They're not even particularly cheap in the first place.

My final experience with them was a knackered clutch slave cylinder on the T4. I phoned up, told them exactly what was wrong, and that being a LWB van it'd need a low-loader as it's too big to tow behind a Transit.

Three hours later, bloke turns up in a Transit, tells me the clutch slave cylinder is knackered and that being a LWB van it'd need a low-loader as it's too big to tow behind his Transit.

:roll:

Another three hours later, a low loader turned up.

When the renewal came up I told them not to bother and changed to Green Flag. But I've not needed yo use them yet...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Isn’t this the very problem with using a specific breakdown provider? You have to wait ages for them to send their own van as they’re very reluctant to outsource it.
How about not having a sig at all?
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:46 pm Isn’t this the very problem with using a specific breakdown provider? You have to wait ages for them to send their own van as they’re very reluctant to outsource it.
Indeed, but what do you do if you travel UK-wide? It's not like you can cut a deal with one specific local contractor. What the likes of RAC or AA should do is admit that they can't get a guy there for a few hours, and have a local subby available, at least to lift the customer to a safe area. I think that they kid themselves that they are doing a good job, and will get to you quickly, but patently won't be. It wasn't just this circumstance today, we had the same 5-6 hour wait a few years ago on the A46 in an area you'd entirely expect to be better covered than rural Lincolnshire.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

RAC same thing. Fly wheel hanging off, needs tow etc. Van turns up after 3 hours, can’t tow. Cue wait.

Green flag are awesome based on experience (Hants). We are with them now. Coil pack failed on mums vw. Turned up within hour, went and picked up part, fitted, charging only for part.
Last edited by Shlergen on Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

mr_jon wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:55 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:46 pm Isn’t this the very problem with using a specific breakdown provider? You have to wait ages for them to send their own van as they’re very reluctant to outsource it.
Indeed, but what do you do if you travel UK-wide? It's not like you can cut a deal with one specific local contractor. What the likes of RAC or AA should do is admit that they can't get a guy there for a few hours, and have a local subby available, at least to lift the customer to a safe area. I think that they kid themselves that they are doing a good job, and will get to you quickly, but patently won't be. It wasn't just this circumstance today, we had the same 5-6 hour wait a few years ago on the A46 in an area you'd entirely expect to be better covered than rural Lincolnshire.
I just use my bank (nationwide) who outsource it to Britannia Rescue who don’t have any recovery vans at all, they just give the job to whoever on their list is available the quickest which has been a local company to the region I broke down both times.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:16 pm
mr_jon wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:55 pm
I just use my bank (nationwide) who outsource it to Britannia Rescue who don’t have any recovery vans at all, they just give the job to whoever on their list is available the quickest which has been a local company to the region I broke down both times.
This is ours too now. For many year though we had Lloyds provided AA cover who did come out once when the Navara lunched a hub and proceeded to save me about £100 in labour as it was faster change (with parts I got from Euros) than tow it my garage. Hope I get the same service from Britannia if I ever need them.

On the EGR valve, worst inventions ever horrid things, waste of time and the cause of so many problems.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Hit & run last night.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Nic wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:34 pm Image

Hit & run last night.
Pants!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Cunts :(
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Absolute twats. Parked up or whilst driving?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:o :evil:
Nic

Post by Nic »

jamcg wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:59 pm Absolute twats. Parked up or whilst driving?
While parked up, limited cctv identifies a 07ish shape tigra as the culprit, blue paint left on mine identifies colour. Trying to track down the culprit but no luck so far.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Jesus! That's done some damage. After all the work that was done too :( Hopefully the insurance give you a decent payout, IIRC the book value is way off what they retail for.
mik

Post by mik »

:shock: :(
Nic

Post by Nic »

Yeah book is way lower, in my favour though I have it insured at market value with NFU and they’re decent to deal with. Have had a look about tonight and it’s a broad spectrum from £3k to 6k and I’ll argue that as it had aircon then it’s more desirable and harder to replace.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

FFS. Absolute rat bastards.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Nic

Post by Nic »

Update: Potentially found the culprit.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Best of luck.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Nic wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:28 pm Update: Potentially found the culprit.
Send in the boys.
The artist formerly known as _Who_