Bye Bye Boris!

duncs500

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by duncs500 »

Regardless of what the polling says, I would not be at all surprised if they took a pounding in a GE. I think it's going to be a very hard one to call. Tories were polling well ahead of TM's GE too IIRC.

Labour are obviously not that confident though, otherwise they'd be all over this, but they seem a bit reluctant. Both Cons and Lab are likely to lose ground to parties with a clearer Brexit message.
Last edited by duncs500 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I know JL is off sick so I'll do this Election is with an E not A ;)

Is anyone else really bored of the whole thing. It's embarrassing.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

In a Brexit election, you have torys with an “agreed” deal, Lib Dem’s with a “cancel it” option and labour with a “drag it out a load longer and still potentially end up in a stalemate.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:49 pm I know JL is off sick so I'll do this Election is with an E not A ;)
I keep doing that. I guess I see the term GA at work a lot and so automatically type it. I apologise wholeheartedly.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:03 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:49 pm I know JL is off sick so I'll do this Election is with an E not A ;)
I keep doing that. I guess I see the term GA at work a lot and so automatically type it. I apologise wholeheartedly.
Not needed, noone takes this seriously I hope :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:51 pm In a Brexit election, you have torys with an “agreed” deal, Lib Dem’s with a “cancel it” option and labour with a “drag it out a load longer and still potentially end up in a stalemate.
And potentially Brexit Party with a manifesto of 'no deal'.

This split will be taken as a mandate for... extending again, having another general election...
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I see Boris put his signature to the letter accepting the extension to 31st Jan. Dead in a ditch, my arse.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:26 pm I see Boris put his signature to the letter accepting the extension to 31st Jan. Dead in a ditch, my arse.
So it's ok to break the law? 😂
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:29 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:26 pm I see Boris put his signature to the letter accepting the extension to 31st Jan. Dead in a ditch, my arse.
You’ll have to explain the relevance of your question
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I'll have to explain fuck all :D
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

So bungee jumping in green pyjamas is ok then? :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Obviously that's a Brexit related question. No clue. 🍻
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Oh, I just assumed we were making random statements now.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Still no clue. Enjoy your sangria. 🍺
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:29 pm
No, but Boris seems to get away with it.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Genuine question, why does Corbyn keep saying he will only support an election "once no deal Brexit has been taken off the table"? Surely Boris has accepted the extension, so there will be no Brexit before the proposed election in any case.

Once elected, Corbyn won't have to put no deal Brexit on the table? Unless he's not at all confident of being elected? I'm sure he keeps banging on about how the people want him... I'm confused.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:05 pm Genuine question, why does Corbyn keep saying he will only support an election "once no deal Brexit has been taken off the table"? Surely Boris has accepted the extension, so there will be no Brexit before the proposed election in any case.

Once elected, Corbyn won't have to put no deal Brexit on the table? Unless he's not at all confident of being elected? I'm sure he keeps banging on about how the people want him... I'm confused.
Maybe* because if the Tories do win with an outright majority they could put No Deal back on the table. So a GE risks No Deal still.

*I don't credit them with that much intelligence tbh. They just don't know where to pitch themselves, torn between the desires of members that keep them at the head of the party, and their traditional voters
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The government spent £100 million on advertising for Brexit on the 31st. £100 million down the shitter.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:05 pm Genuine question, why does Corbyn keep saying he will only support an election "once no deal Brexit has been taken off the table"? Surely Boris has accepted the extension, so there will be no Brexit before the proposed election in any case.

Probably Just to claim it as a “win”. Labour have achieved fuck all apart from getting in the way and causing delays so far and they must be aware of that.