Lolz. I like that!
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Re: Model 3

Post by IanF »

There was a case in the US this summer where the system failed and didn't maintain the temp.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... g0GqruHGqN
Cheers,

Ian
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

IanF wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:38 pm There was a case in the US this summer where the system failed and didn't maintain the temp.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... g0GqruHGqN
it was fixed in a couple of days

https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/02/tes ... ccounter=1
Join us, join the Teslarati!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s good that it displays it on the screen though as the i3 had a similar feature but you could only see it on the tiny climate control knob so we would frequently get a letter on the window about how we’re terrible humans when we forgot to place our A4 sheet explaining it...

As for checking if it works you can look on the app and it tells you the interior temp :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Mr Pish

Post by Mr Pish »

I Found myself on some empty roads over the weekend so got a rare chance to drive it vigorously, the short low front can make the car look odd from some angles but gives excellent visibility and makes it very easy to put the front wheels where you want as the wing shape is almost a reference point for where the wheels are. To me it visual feels a bit like a 7 when compared to the huge high up bus like front of the GLA.

Turn in is still very impressive when pushing on, performance especially from a standing start is just nuts for a road car, it’s just mind boggling for me how the car can pull away so hard with zero traction loss. The RS3 and GLA always had a little bit of tyre slip when pulling away hard.

the biggest downside is 1% battery use per mile
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

What size tyres is it on?
Mr Pish

Post by Mr Pish »

16vCento wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:56 am What size tyres is it on?
235/35R20

I would prefer an 18" but the ride is very good for this type of car
mik

Post by mik »

16vCento wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:56 am What sizes of that tyres is the it on?
Fixed your grammar for you mate.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I still think it leans too much, well it leans like a normal saloon but far too much for a “performance” model. The ride is really good for the rubber band tyres so it’s clear that the suspension is really soft and I think it’s missing anti roll bars :lol: . The standard Model 3 must feel like a proper American barge on softer springs and high profile tyres.
Had a drive on Friday and I just didn’t find it enjoyable to chuck around, definitely more of a point and squirt car for me. Tbh this is preferable for a commuting car but I just don’t see the point of taking it on track or comparing it to a proper M/AMG like every journalist who has ever driven one has... Yes it will do the same lap time, but in a very different way.

I can’t decide if the autopilot is just ok or shit. The lane keeping is perfect but it wants to change lane hundreds of metres before you reach the car in front, so you indicate to let it change lane then won’t go back into the left lane after the overtake for a good few minutes. Stupid car. Also if another car strays into your lane on the white line by an inch it will shit it’s pants and brake hard which is dangerous. I found it tiring to keep my hands on the wheel lightly but to provide enough torque to not piss it off, and I also got bored and lost concentration very quickly. The active cruise control is a bit odd, sometimes it accelerates hard, sometimes far too slowly, so I gave it a kick to 90 which annoyed the car and that disabled autopilot for the rest of the journey. Other cars are better at this such as the Ford Lane assist with its active cruise control. Fuck you Tesla, fuck you. You can’t read the smart motorway signs so tried to do 70 in a 40 but when I do 90 in a 70 due to your stupid dawdling you get your tits in a twist :roll:
Mr Pish

Post by Mr Pish »

Mr Pish wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:17 pm just leaving this here so i remember to read it tonight

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -emissions
For me to watch later

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Apparently there’s a 5% power increase coming to all Model 3’s. I think the performance is currently on over 480bhp so this could push it to 500 8-)
Free remap ftw.
I’ve said this before but how can Tesla get away with this on a global scale but do this yourself to any other car and your insurance will increase or be void if you don’t mention it, as will the warranty :roll:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:58 pm Apparently there’s a 5% power increase coming to all Model 3’s. I think the performance is currently on over 480bhp so this could push it to 500 8-)
Free remap ftw.
I’ve said this before but how can Tesla get away with this on a global scale but do this yourself to any other car and your insurance will increase or be void if you don’t mention it, as will the warranty :roll:
Because it’s the manufacture updating software and not a vehicle modified beyond manufacturer specifications
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It's modifying a vehicle beyond the specifications the insurance companies will have used to calculate risk though.

Still seems a bit weird that they can suddenly decide they can do this now they've had quite a few cars on the road for a while doing their beta testing for them.

Unless it's all factored in from the start and adding a boost like this later on gives them a nice bit of positive press, and makes them seem like a 'cool' company.

Hey, buy our cars, in a few months you might get a little surprise when we update it and give you a bonus power boost 8-)
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Made the front of the car BF proof as he keeps changing between the driver and passenger seat when he’s left alone in cars.
I’m impressed with the fake carbon weave - it all lines up unlike most cars I’ve seen with actual carbon trim :lol:

Car has done 1500 miles fault free. To put it into context by this point the i3 had a replaced high voltage cable and engine mount and was off the road for 2 months to get that sorted - although after these teething problems it was fault free. I guess the earlier Model 3’s would have also been quite bad.
Mr Pish

Post by Mr Pish »

Do you have a link to that kit, I was going to get a real carbon kit until I found it it blocks the key cards

I need to find someone local who can mobile coat it in a ceramic type protection, you where right about the polish they use, it’s terrible

You may like this as well Mito, the ultimate in cool mods

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just ordered the cheapest one on amazon which was this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Destinely-Int ... 3&sr=8-100
Delivery took 2 weeks.
One thing I didn’t expect was that they used my address to give themselves fake reviews (I assume) so also sent the cubby/cup holder inserts for free which was nice :lol:
Also ordered the £30 wireless charger on amazon, it works well and has the USB splitter for the flash drive. It has over 30 sentry alerts but it’s stupid that you can’t view it in car, like you’ll ever be bothered to remove it and keep checking...

The NFC is cool, didn’t realise you can do that. My dad hates using the iPhone app to lock/unlock and wants to go to the service centre to see if he can buy a key as they don’t cost too much in the US ($150).
Mr Pish

Post by Mr Pish »

Mito you might find this interesting, from back in my early days of driving, how far we have come

Elon: hold my beer
Mr Pish

Post by Mr Pish »

Thanks Elon for the second free 5% power increase which should take it knocking on the door of 500bhp now. As if it needed to go faster :mrgreen:

Scheduled departure with preconditioning will be very useful if we get a very cold winter

Stopping mode will be super useful in London (using brake regen to fully stop I.e. one foot driving) and hopefully it will increase regen at mway speeds