Your fleet running reports

integrale_evo

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by integrale_evo »

If the door pillar rots around the hinge because there's no paint it would count as an outside in defect. Usually they don't cover outside in corrosion so they don't have to repair rust caused by stonechips and scratches the owner hasn't bothered touching up, not because they forgot to paint it.
Cheers, Harry
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Picked the Up GTi up yesterday.

The Good - Goes well, proper shove as the turbo comes on boost, 3-pot noise with the synthesizer is mildly amusing. Handles well, stays flat and plenty of grip. Infotainment with the phone works well (even a button for a lap timer), steering wheel is nice to hold. Being small/narrow is a genuine plus on today roads. Regularly seeing between 50-70mpg.

The Bad - seats need to be lower, and with more bolster, it's my biggest criticism. Steering is a little vague (although I haven't checked tyre pressures - and for context, my comparison is against the Evora...so....). As expected, high sided+big wheels+tiny wheelbase can make country roads a bit unnerving when pushing on. Some KW V1's needed.

As a nippy city car, it's great. It'll never trouble a Golf GTi but it'll fit in tiny spaces, sips fuel and fits well alongside the Evora. So far, so good.
Attachments
IMG_20191003_194129.jpg
IMG_20191003_194129.jpg (145.36 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Wtf are you supposed to do if they give you that?! It’s needs taking apart and starting again - is it reasonable to request that? 🤪
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:40 pm If the door pillar rots around the hinge because there's no paint it would count as an outside in defect. Usually they don't cover outside in corrosion so they don't have to repair rust caused by stonechips and scratches the owner hasn't bothered touching up, not because they forgot to paint it.
That should fall under their basic warranty section for defective materials or workmanship. That’s what I used for my Mito to get the lower half resprayed as the paint was chipping too easily.
Only other interesting thing in the warranty is that towing voids it, squeaks and rattles are not included. Track driving is not specifically in the list of things that voids it so it’s already better than most brands in that regard :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

Rich B wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:31 pm Wtf are you supposed to do if they give you that?! It’s needs taking apart and starting again - is it reasonable to request that? 🤪
You can return the car within the first 7 days for a full refund if you are unhappy about anything
Join us, join the Teslarati!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Matty wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:07 pm Picked the Up GTi up yesterday.

The Good - Goes well, proper shove as the turbo comes on boost, 3-pot noise with the synthesizer is mildly amusing. Handles well, stays flat and plenty of grip. Infotainment with the phone works well (even a button for a lap timer), steering wheel is nice to hold. Being small/narrow is a genuine plus on today roads. Regularly seeing between 50-70mpg.

The Bad - seats need to be lower, and with more bolster, it's my biggest criticism. Steering is a little vague (although I haven't checked tyre pressures - and for context, my comparison is against the Evora...so....). As expected, high sided+big wheels+tiny wheelbase can make country roads a bit unnerving when pushing on. Some KW V1's needed.

As a nippy city car, it's great. It'll never trouble a Golf GTi but it'll fit in tiny spaces, sips fuel and fits well alongside the Evora. So far, so good.
That looks superb. I like it a lot!!!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

+1. Ace!
Left over crest; tightens.
GG.

Post by GG. »

+2

Watch funds from the aborted purchase have been rapidly redeployed on a set of alloys for the 911.

The multispoke ones I had were never my first choice but I’d grown to quite like them. They’ve now got pretty bad kerb rash on the rears and instead of spending £400 having them refurbed I’ve bought a set of the standard 997.2 double spokers with nearly new Sottozeros on ready for winter for not much more than twice that.

Photos of those on the car to follow unless some fucker double deals me on those too :lol:

ETA: MOT day tomorrow too so fingers crossed. Bulbs all work at least!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The UP looks fantastic, I don’t normally like cars with such a small sidewalk but that looks really cool 8-)

Dave!
Marv

Post by Marv »

Looks great Matty. Silver suits it really nicely 😎
Oui, je suis un motard.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Agreed, nice. Would make a good Autosolo car !
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:49 pm The UP looks fantastic, I don’t normally like cars with such a small sidewalk but that looks really cool 8-)

Dave!
What about cars with no pavement at all?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I like the size of the alloys in comparison to the car, makes it look like it’s on 22” rims :lol:

Sounds like the i3 handling wise, probably have more confidence in my Defender when driving above 50. Steering rack was too quick which combined with the short wheelbase made it pretty twitchy.
mik

Post by mik »

Does look 8-)

So what size are the rims then?
Matty

Post by Matty »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am Agreed, nice. Would make a good Autosolo car !
TBH I've been looking at it after a mate mentioned it to be a few months ago. It's something I plan to look into, looks like a laugh without the risks of a trackday.
mik wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:35 pm Does look 8-)

17's! TBH it'd probably benefit from dropping an inch. Ste* actually mentioned it in reply to EVO's long termer, and it'd be interesting to see how much difference it would make.

*Where is Ste? He's not been back since he was called out by SJ over harness holes....
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yes I was wondering the same.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Matty wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:52 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am Agreed, nice. Would make a good Autosolo car !
TBH I've been looking at it after a mate mentioned it to be a few months ago. It's something I plan to look into, looks like a laugh without the risks of a trackday.
mik wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:35 pm Does look 8-)

17's! TBH it'd probably benefit from dropping an inch. Ste* actually mentioned it in reply to EVO's long termer, and it'd be interesting to see how much difference it would make.

*Where is Ste? He's not been back since he was called out by SJ over harness holes....
Can you see from the logs when he was last logged in? I assumed he'd decided to move on. Or he might be lurking.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I didn't see thar spat happening in a million years.
Matty

Post by Matty »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:32 pm Can you see from the logs when he was last logged in? I assumed he'd decided to move on. Or he might be lurking.
Anyone can see it - Quick Links -> Members -> Member Name -> Last active.

In Ste's case, 22nd July.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Do we have the first ov9 flounce :shock: