Bye Bye Boris!

NotoriousREV

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by NotoriousREV »

And I believe the current backstop proposal was May’s request, to which the EU agreed. Fucking EU, agreeing to our suggestions.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:56 pm Maybe we need to conquer Ireland and then we can take them out of the EU with us.
You'd get plenty of support - there's many who wouldn't cross the road to spit in the EU's face...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

So that makes approximately 382,720 people in Ireland who would want to leave... that sounds like "Plenty" to me...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The mental gymnastics humans do to avoid backing down...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

My original post in this latest round of debate did state that I voted Leave but I now acknowledge it was a mistake to do so.
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:08 pm The mental gymnastics humans do to avoid backing down...
To be fair he said there'd be plenty of support. He didn't say there'd be a majority, or even close to one ;)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:13 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:08 pm The mental gymnastics humans do to avoid backing down...
To be fair he said there'd be plenty of support. He didn't say there'd be a majority, or even close to one ;)
I still think he oversold it somewhat :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:15 pm 'loose' grrr

The people of Wales hope for a better future as their current situation is rubbish - I mean who holidays in Wales? Its fucking rubbish ;)
Yeah, I done a typo...

Oh and I've just got back from a holiday in Wales too (no, really)

Had a great time.

I used to have family there, and I've not been back for decades - it was really nice to visit some of the places I remember going as a kid - some had changed beyond recognition ("Where did all these trees come from?!"), some hadn't changed at all.
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:28 pm
What does that remind you of?

BADOOM TISH I'M HERE ALL NIGHT, etc.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:28 pm
OK, I'll hold my hands up, that number surprised me a little :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

In reality, we all need to be a little less entrenched in our views, no matter how much of a cunt we think Broccers is being ;)
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:00 pm In reality, we all need to be a little less entrenched in our views, no matter how much of a cunt we think Broccers is being ;)
Amusing. Nice to see the mellowing - thinking I'm a cunt is of no interest to me :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:58 pm Thats not a solution its crap. Anyway I've had my fill of this today - I bid you all a good weekend :)
This is the problem, lots of people who voted for Brexit aren’t offering anything constructive, they just say “it’s crap, that’s crap, they’re crap, just get on with Brexit and stop putting barriers in the way” and it’s left to “remoaners” to go and deliver Brexit and that comes under equal amount of fire from Brexiteers (the last two PM’s voted for remain, most MP’s voted remain and most big business leaders voted for remain).

A lot of Brexit voters I talk to don’t fully understand the backstop issues either, favourites being “fuck the Irish why don’t we just put up a wall and sod the EU?” Then I point out the EU will put up a wall anyway if we leave without a deal. And no one seems to remember the troubles and having a split Ireland will just walk us straight back into those times, again the response I get is ‘well the Irish will just have to deal with that’ and these people are old enough to have lived through at least the 70’s and 80’s :shock:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I really was trying to not reply to this shiz but on your ni point I know more than most people. My girlfriend at 25 years ago lived in Portadown just around the corner from King Rat.

But what do I know. Where's the 🐈 videos
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:02 pm There is definitely some truth in what you say but money is not an issue here. It would have been interesting to see if the segregation would have happened anyway but in smaller numbers but that’s impossible to know.

The biggest leave voter I know is an Italian who retired a little before my Dad and came over during the 70s, he hates anyone who hasn’t tried to integrate. I’m not sure what kind of barriers people had when moving to the area/ country in the 70s and that’s why they are a bit more angry about things as it was quite relaxed from when I experienced things.

None of these comments mean I think UK first by any stretch, there are lots of people I’d happily send to the North Pole and replace with people from all over the world :D

Dave!
The "money is not an issue here" got a bit lost in that post. Why do you say that? Normally, it's fairly safe to assume that ghettoisation, gangs, petty street crime etc have at least a significant economic element - what makes you say it's not at play in the Peterborough case?

I'd also ask - what is it about the problems that specifically relates to the ethnicity of the people concerned? Would you still feel the same way if the same issues were caused by a sudden influx of people from, say, Corby or Leicester (i.e. put legal controls on their right to move etc)?
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:50 pm I really was trying to not reply to this shiz but on your ni point I know more than most people. My girlfriend at 25 years ago lived in Portadown just around the corner from King Rat.

But what do I know. Where's the 🐈 videos
I wasn’t having a go at you, sorry if it came across that way :D

Genuinely though, can you share yours and her thoughts on the Irish issues?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Shall we just give up on trying to extract actual content out of Broccers for the day and recommence tomorrow for an identical round of question and deflection?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

No!

Yes!

I'm not sure, I said no but now I think yes.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Nefarious wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:57 pm
V8Granite wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:02 pm There is definitely some truth in what you say but money is not an issue here. It would have been interesting to see if the segregation would have happened anyway but in smaller numbers but that’s impossible to know.

The biggest leave voter I know is an Italian who retired a little before my Dad and came over during the 70s, he hates anyone who hasn’t tried to integrate. I’m not sure what kind of barriers people had when moving to the area/ country in the 70s and that’s why they are a bit more angry about things as it was quite relaxed from when I experienced things.

None of these comments mean I think UK first by any stretch, there are lots of people I’d happily send to the North Pole and replace with people from all over the world :D

Dave!
The "money is not an issue here" got a bit lost in that post. Why do you say that? Normally, it's fairly safe to assume that ghettoisation, gangs, petty street crime etc have at least a significant economic element - what makes you say it's not at play in the Peterborough case?

I'd also ask - what is it about the problems that specifically relates to the ethnicity of the people concerned? Would you still feel the same way if the same issues were caused by a sudden influx of people from, say, Corby or Leicester (i.e. put legal controls on their right to move etc)?
There is quite a bit of cash only money around, a friend looks after the body shop of a dealers in town and Eastern European’s and gypsies regularly want to pay cash for expensive cars. Also there are enough fancy cars being driven about to know the money is somewhere. I couldn’t say what kind of percentage did this stuff though as the idiots stand out so much more than people just going about their own lives.

Car stuff seems to be Eastern European’s, the normal lowball offers, sabotaging cars and going mob handed etc. A common thing here.

There was a particular series of crash for cash folks here aswell but that was a group of I believe Indians, it was in the national press as it cost insurance companies millions. They were caught in Birmingham but all originated from 1 road in Peterborough.

Crime was always robbery, muggings or fights generally. It was quite a rough area but the type of crime changed and I guess Peterborough had a reputation anyway. Spalding had a lot of seasonal work with people coming from Europe anyway but then people started to stay.

I make it sound like Gotham City but it’s not that bad :lol:

Dave!