Bye Bye Boris!

Nefarious

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Nefarious »

None, I'm sticking with my 3.

Shake things up is 2/3, with a bias on 3.
Bendy bananas is 2/3, with a bias on 2.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Not usually a massive fan of Mr. Lee, but this largely sums up my feelings

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

On the plus side, all this has opened my eyes to the sheer number of turkeys who actively push for a vote on Christmas.

They’ll vote for the Tories because they hope that they’ll be rich one day, they don’t want health and safety because it’s not their hand getting chopped off by a band saw, they’ve never had their human rights infringed and probably never will etc.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

DaveE wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:33 am And, specifically, why did you vote for it (given the reasons that weren't, that you listed above)?
I'm going to decline trying to answer that - I'm sure you understand... :)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:43 am
DaveE wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:33 am And, specifically, why did you vote for it (given the reasons that weren't, that you listed above)?
I'm going to decline trying to answer that - I'm sure you understand... :)
To the surprise of absolutely no one...

#BecauseBrexiteer
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

As expected - another Brexiteer who can't articulate why he wants it. Does anyone actually know, bar "dunno mate, erm, less Pakis" type gruntings from the educationally resistant?
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 am As expected - another Brexiteer who can't articulate why he wants it. Does anyone actually know, bar "dunno mate, erm, less Pakis" type gruntings from the educationally resistant?
I refer you to my above post:
1) a little bit racist, and don't want to admit it
2) have a very poor grip on the social/economic/political factor at play, and don't want to admit it
3) Err...no, that's it.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Surely the biggest reason for most was the £350m bus bullshit?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Nefarious wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 am As expected - another Brexiteer who can't articulate why he wants it. Does anyone actually know, bar "dunno mate, erm, less Pakis" type gruntings from the educationally resistant?
I refer you to my above post:
1) a little bit racist, and don't want to admit it
2) have a very poor grip on the social/economic/political factor at play, and don't want to admit it
3) Err...no, that's it.
I rather prefer the "racist or cunt" judgement from Mr Lee :lol:
dan

Post by dan »

Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 am Surely the biggest reason for most was the £350m bus bullshit?
I started listening to LBC a while back, specifically James O'Brien, and the majority of his callers that voted Brexit eventually admitted it was because of brown people.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Rich B wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 am Surely the biggest reason for most was the £350m bus bullshit?
I refer you to no.3 on my original list
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

dan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:54 am
I started listening to LBC a while back, specifically James O'Brien, and the majority of his callers that voted Brexit eventually admitted it was because of brown people.
Perfect storm of racism and stupidity
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

dan wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:54 am
James O'Brien isn't someone who came onto my radar until recently - and that was in the context of a Spectator article about the uncritical platform he gave Carl Beech: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=uk (cached version which should bypass the requirement to register). But many people whom I respect seem to think he's pretty OK.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Nefarious wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:55 am
I refer you to no.3 on my original list
basically, but I think it was actually just that bus. they thought voting out would put £350m into the NHS. Once that was proved to be bullshit, they then got stuck and had to try and come up with other reasons and couldn’t, hence the failure to come up with a single other valid reason.

Then there’s the racists etc... of course.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I guess the bus was a metaphor for the EU costing us money, so many people would simply have voted for what appeared to be economically sensible. Despite the campaigning I don't think many people did give it much critical thought before placing their X.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The people who voted that way to shake things up must be delighted with how things have worked out :lol:
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:11 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:04 pm Anyone clamouring for an election when the last one was more recent than the referendum really needs to have a word with themselves; a second referendum on the actual options open to us is a far more likely way to break the deadlock.
Youre out of touch. The vast majority of Labour supporters will not vote for them this time, they actually like Boris as he at least is trying to get things done. But what do I know :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:06 am I guess the bus was a metaphor for the EU costing us money, so many people would simply have voted for what appeared to be economically sensible. Despite the campaigning I don't think many people did give it much critical thought before placing their X.
I think, in fairness, most of them - even if they were racist, truly stupid etc, which I don't really follow TBH - probably expected HMG to have some sort of plan for it, too.

I mean, otherwise, why would leave representatives be campaigning for it?

But then people don't like to admit to being hoodwinked. Buyers remorse, and all that.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Well when people give their reasons and then just get called racists, why would people give their reasons ?

Lots of people have done so on here and the same responses are given each time.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:29 am Well when people give their reasons and then just get called racists, why would people give their reasons ?

Lots of people have done so on here and the same responses are given each time.

Dave!
Exactly.

Small minded fucking sheep.

And jobbo quoting one tweet proves fuck all.