Bye Bye Boris!

Beany

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:27 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:16 pm Is it because they know it'll be a disaster and they want to blame someone else?
How is no deal a disaster? Predicting the future is a great skill. :lol:
You did read the Yellowhammer report, right?

Or were you too busy?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

dan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:46 pm I work in a big workshop on my own and occasionally stray onto the internet for just long enough to remind me how much I like working on my own nowadays. People are terrible.
That sounds like bliss. Can I come and work with you ? Well, not with you, obvs. Unite ! Seperately ! In our own individual workshops !

As for the other stuff I say:

1) Have a second referendum
2) Fix the polls to return "remain"
3) Move on
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:36 pm
1) Have a second referendum
2) Fix the polls to return "remain"
3) Move on
I’d go for that at this stage and I voted to leave...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:29 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:16 pm Is it because they know it'll be a disaster and they want to blame someone else?

Or were you too busy?
I read a lot of bollocks none of which comes to fruition.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

You know this symbol “?” means it’s a question and not a statement, right?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:46 pm
Beany wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Or were you too busy?
I read a lot of bollocks none of which comes to fruition.
Predicting the future is quite a skill...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

So the question is: if No Deal is not BJs preferred outcome, and he doesn’t want May’s WA, and presumably he doesn’t want to revoke Art 50, what is his preferred option, and why isn’t he fighting tooth and nail for it? And why isn’t No Deal his preferred option? I thought it was going to be amazing?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

GG. wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:28 am Wow. 17.4 million people in this country don't need to work for a living, apparently. Well either that or OC exclusively hangs around with Toffs "draw from that what you will" :lol:
Err go back, read the original post again. Then show me exactly where I said 17.4 million people who voted for Brexit don’t need to work. Fact is I didn’t. I responded to a question asking if anyone educated in the last 30 years still thinks Brexit is a good idea. I answered that there are people who think that way but those that I know who fit that category in the question who I know personally don’t need to work. You generalised it, not me.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:25 am
Orange Cola wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:33 am
Richard wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:27 pm Do you think there’s any real people, who were educated in the last 30 years, who still think that Brexit is a great idea?
There are yes, I’m not one of them but I work with a few of them. None of them actually need to work for an income, draw from that what you will.
Yet most of the people I know who voted are low earners, make of that what you will.

It’s like different parts of the country have different experiences, crazy.

Dave!
I don’t personally know of any lower income people who voted leave and fit the category in the original question, but I’m obviously aware there are a lot of them out there. The people who I personally know that voted leave are older than what was outlined in the original category and their incomes are mixed, some of them have admitted it was a protest vote and they’d never have voted leave if they thought there was a sniff of a chance of leave winning.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

The sad thing about this whole sorry debacle is it seems to have descended into coarse, binary views. You are X, you voted Y! You voted X, then you must be Y... :(

I’m 45 years old. I have 2 mortgages, 2 University Degrees, one in Maths, one in Engineering. I’m middle management who will need to work into my 70’s before retiring. My Employer is an EU company. I live in the midlands And to top it all, I’m an immigrant.

But I voted to leave.

It had nothing to do with Blue Passports, nothing to do with Taking back control, nothing to do with our borders and nothing to do with £350m every day to the NHS (this Nations finest achievement)

There are a million different reasons why a million different people voted to leave. When presented with an impossible, once in a lifetime decision that will impact us, our kids, our parents some people wrangled with the decision and ended up voting with a very heavy heart.

And I’m big enough to admit it was a mistake. We shouldn’t leave - we should stay but we should fight to reform. If Brexit goes away and we return to electing Screaming Lord Such to the EU that will be worse than leaving with no deal.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:19 pm The sad thing about this whole sorry debacle is it seems to have descended into coarse, binary views. You are X, you voted Y! You voted X, then you must be Y... :(

I’m 45 years old. I have 2 mortgages, 2 University Degrees, one in Maths, one in Engineering. I’m middle management who will need to work into my 70’s before retiring. My Employer is an EU company. I live in the midlands And to top it all, I’m an immigrant.

But I voted to leave.

It had nothing to do with Blue Passports, nothing to do with Taking back control, nothing to do with our borders and nothing to do with £350m every day to the NHS (this Nations finest achievement)

There are a million different reasons why a million different people voted to leave. When presented with an impossible, once in a lifetime decision that will impact us, our kids, our parents some people wrangled with the decision and ended up voting with a very heavy heart.

And I’m big enough to admit it was a mistake. We shouldn’t leave - we should stay but we should fight to reform. If Brexit goes away and we return to electing Screaming Lord Such to the EU that will be worse than leaving with no deal.
Ah well helpfully Lord Such has been dead for several years.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Would still do a better job than most we’ve elected ;)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

And I’m big enough to admit it was a mistake. We shouldn’t leave - we should stay but we should fight to reform. If Brexit goes away and we return to electing Screaming Lord Such to the EU that will be worse than leaving with no deal

Wtf is this defeatist babble.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I’ve been drinking...

Cool?? :lol:
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:19 pm The sad thing about this whole sorry debacle is it seems to have descended into coarse, binary views. You are X, you voted Y! You voted X, then you must be Y... :(

But I voted to leave.

I don't there were a million different possible reasons that people voted for Brexit though, were there?

And, specifically, why did you vote for it (given the reasons that weren't, that you listed above)?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Beat me to it.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

DaveE wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:33 am I don't there were a million different possible reasons that people voted for Brexit though, were there?
As far as I can see (and apologies Dinny, given your honest and reasonable post), it come down to three categories:
1) Those with a vested financial interest
2) Those that are knowingly or unknowingly *a bit* racist/jingoistic
3) Those who don't understand basic economics and have been suckered by the rhetoric of 1) and 2)

Non-exclusive, of course - Broccers, for example, is clearly an idiot AND a racist
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

You've missed one there Neil:

4) Change just to shake things up a bit, y'know, because fuck em yeah

Re. Broccers - I swear he must have had some sort of a psychiatric episode in the fairly recent past. He makes Mick look urbane and suave.
Last edited by JLv3.0 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I think there’s a 5), which is the “bendy bananas/they took our lightbulbs/metric martyrs/it’s health & safety gone mad” crowd, although admittedly there’s a huge overlap with 2.

I’m going to stick with my original assessment of Brexiteers being old, stupid or racist, or any combination of the 3, mainly because it really offended GG last time.
Last edited by NotoriousREV on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Re: Broccers and everyone loves Boris, even Labour voters:

Middle-aged Dirtbag