Your fleet running reports

Coaster1

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Coaster1 »

16vCento wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:22 pm
Matty wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:18 pm I'd been contemplating a chopping the Evora in for a 400, or potentially an Exige V6 before I move house in 12-18 months. However, my VW Bora daily really is on its last legs, so I decided to spend the difference on a new daily hack instead. Ticking off a configuration I've not owned before, with a little 3-pot unit. Hopefully collect next week.
UP! GTI?

If so I'll be interested to know how you get on, I quite fancy one, off to look at a Fabia VRS in Kermit Green this week, which is about half the cost, and probably twice the car, but it's just not as classy!
Smart fourtwo?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

JonMad wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:43 pm I'm liking the period of 100mph average, Mito.
Go going for five hours!
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Or a Ford Fiesta?
Cheers,

Ian
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

IanF wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:25 pmOr a Ford Fiesta?
Matty said ‘configuration I've not owned before’ so RR with 3 cylinder?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Fitted the jvc Android auto/car play headunit into the new l200 found the old iso loom from my grandis and it fitted! Result, just need the autoleads patch lead for the steering wheel controls. Ordered the new steering wheel and a new alarm remote. Will need to program it in next week and have a new transponder key made plus a new bed cover key. Only other job will be second electrics for the caravan but that can wait until spring now.
Still debating whether to attempt to add central locking to the tailgate (but I rarely stored anything in the bed so maybe not needed) and whether I can live with just the reverse camera without sensors, thinking for the sake of a £15 kit and an hour to fit it I’ll just fit them.
Taking it on a run at the weekend to collect some new 18 inch active bass bins so will see what it’s like on a run with fuel.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Coaster1 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:25 pm
JonMad wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:43 pm I'm liking the period of 100mph average, Mito.
Go going for five hours!
No that was only for 5 minutes! I averaged 20 mph on the autobahn as it was so congested.
I only downloaded the app as my dad said the car goes faster than 160 on the speedo but fat chance of reaching that with all the traffic.
How about not having a sig at all?
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

Coaster1 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:27 pm
IanF wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:25 pmOr a Ford Fiesta?
Matty said ‘configuration I've not owned before’ so RR with 3 cylinder?
Twingo?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

16vCento wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:22 pm
UP! GTI?

If so I'll be interested to know how you get on, I quite fancy one, off to look at a Fabia VRS in Kermit Green this week, which is about half the cost, and probably twice the car, but it's just not as classy!
I'm clearly massively predictable in my purchases. But yes, Up GTi. I looked at various options, mainly in the VAG range as its my safe place - but this ticked all of my boxes, plus I loved my old Lupo GTi. Should be a great little runabout as a stablemate for the Evora.

I looked at the VRS, as I did with the Polo GTi of the same vintage, but it's the old twincharger engine...which don't have the best reputation. Careful with those.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

NIce. Looking forward to reading about the Up GTi. I'm casually mentioning the Up! to my wife on a regular basis, probably she'd only go for a 5 door though.

Shame Skoda don't make an equivalent any more, i.e Citigo vRS. I had a Fabia vRS twin charger estate on test a few years ago, as a possible company car. You could really rag it along pretty quickly. I don't think I've seen more than half a dozen of them in the years since.
Left over crest; tightens.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Those Up GTis really do look rather good, 3 or 5 door?

It would be a later Fabia with the more reliable engine, they all seem to use oil, but so did my Mini so I'm used to that.

Only thing I think we would struggle with if we got an Up is the space, which sadly put an end to getting a C30 T5 as well.

At least the Up is available as a 5dr.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

16vCento wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:25 am Those Up GTis really do look rather good, 3 or 5 door?

It would be a later Fabia with the more reliable engine, they all seem to use oil, but so did my Mini so I'm used to that.

Only thing I think we would struggle with if we got an Up is the space, which sadly put an end to getting a C30 T5 as well.

At least the Up is available as a 5dr.
Not the GTi, afaik.
\
edit: ah, seems it is. Excellent.
Left over crest; tightens.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

So is the new Swift Sport, which was nice to drive, but a bit dull. Also the Swift felt quite bouncy on local roads, and it wasn't as much fun as the older one when pushing on.

The new turbo engine isn't one which likes to be revved out, which is a bit against the character of the car, the Fabia engine is supposedly much better, as is the Up one but I shall soon see.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

The Mini has now passed 100,000 miles and has not exploded. It needs a flexi pipe and two new front tyres before the MOT in November.

I'm getting bored of it now and come bonus time, it will be replaced with something more comfortable. Currently swinging between XF, XJ, 5ers and 6ers.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Get an XJ, utterly gorgeous car and I don’t know anyone who owns one anymore to blag a lift in one.

The Defender hadn’t felt right since I came home last week, a little sluggish so I did the usual checks and found a little water in the fuel filter. New filter fitted, 0.5 litre of 2 stroke oil and a tank full of BP ultimate diesel and it’s back to normality.

Dave!
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Yes, XJ. I tried to buy a XJR (L?) and the lazy cunts didn’t get back to me once, despite two visits and a follow up phone call. They even had the car in stock ffs!!! 😡 I bought the M5 instead.

ETA - sorry, that’s obviously a trigger for me! 😳😂
Cheers,

Ian
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Hopefully it won't put you potential Up GTI purchasers off to hear that my missus and I (forum old git) love our 3-door version. It covered 10,000 faultless miles in it's first year and has been an all round delight. It regularly returns 50mpg, which helps to balance out the 8,000 miles we also do in the Porsche. (Sorry Greta). :oops:
Matty

Post by Matty »

16vCento wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:25 am Those Up GTis really do look rather good, 3 or 5 door?
5 Door, Tungsten grey with Climate. I prefer the look of the 5 door (sorry Paul) plus easier come resale. Odd to see that the rear windows are only pop out, even on a 5 door! And rear drum brakes.
My only requirement was climate, one because it's nice to set-and-forget but also beause it makes the dash look much tidier. Anything else was a bonus (although panoramic roof would have been nice). Didn't want black, its a nightmare and hides the detail. Never liked Red cars. White was my fallback.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

[/quote]

I prefer the look of the 5 door (sorry Paul)
[/quote]

To have a rear seat at all is as far towards practical as I'm willing to go at the moment. ;)
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Matty wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:41 pm
5 Door, Tungsten grey with Climate. I prefer the look of the 5 door (sorry Paul) plus easier come resale. Odd to see that the rear windows are only pop out, even on a 5 door! And rear drum brakes.
My only requirement was climate, one because it's nice to set-and-forget but also beause it makes the dash look much tidier. Anything else was a bonus (although panoramic roof would have been nice). Didn't want black, its a nightmare and hides the detail. Never liked Red cars. White was my fallback.
The pop out rear windows are great, in the summer they stay open most of the time and you get a lovely fresh air feeling in the car.

Dave!
Matty

Post by Matty »

PaulJ wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:52 pm

To have a rear seat at all is as far towards practical as I'm willing to go at the moment. ;)
If they're rarely used, you know you can fold them down to lower your centre of gravity and increase performance?