Camera vans on motorway bridges

JLv3.0

Re: Camera vans on motorway bridges

Post by JLv3.0 »

Let him try that here - flipping of said bird sees you in prison or deported.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:20 pm Let him try that here - flipping of said bird sees you in prison or deported.
Ever asked yourself why more dysfunctional Brits don't live there
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Quotas. There's no fucking shortage of them as is.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:29 pmGolfs speedo is fairly accurate unfortunately :evil:
I noticed that on a drive back from Manchester recently... the 10% rule is utter bull$hit now it seems.

I'm still waiting out the 14 days after that trip... there was a van on a bridge at 1am in the morning and I was making good progress at the time.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Good luck. I got done going 81mph (indicated 83) last month on the M/way by a van. I wish we'd catch up with Europe & raise the limit. 70 is just too slow.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Cheers Lads, I'm looking forward the bill :lol: Ironic as the only 3 points I had only just got taken off.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Agreed it’s truly frustrating.

Travelled back at Christmas, 95 for lost of the way and it was easy, car was stable, everyone asleep but me. It’s a real shame that 80 is not the speed limit on major roads as it’s a good speed for most cars.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I must say there’s a lot of camera vans in Surrey and Kent these past few weeks, probably only saw a handful for the first 6 months of the year and counted 5 for the past 3 weeks. Stay wary whilst the aids passes.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Update on this as you all care for Aunty Brocs - no fine :lol: :lol:

Got a parking ticket in Whitby on Friday last week - 35 quid - overturned.

:lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

The A19 going past Northallerton is notorious, sometimes 2 in a relatively short section. I just set cruise at 70 on this stretch due to the frequency of the vans appearance- the other day I overtook the same woman about 4 times, only to be then overtaken by her, despite never changing my speed. One time she decided to accelerate up to about 85 and come past me, right in line of site in the camera van, she slowed to about 65 after- don’t think she appreciated me and the wife laughing at her stupidity :lol:
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:35 pm Update on this as you all care for Aunty Brocs - no fine :lol: :lol:

Got a parking ticket in Whitby on Friday last week - 35 quid - overturned.

:lol:
Nice result. As an aside, I've noticed quite a few times now, about half a mile to a mile out from when the dreaded 50mph average speed zone ends on motorways, a static camera van waiting to pounce on anyone giving it the beans after the holy NSL sign appears. It's a proper cunts trick & fortunately, I've been lucky so far! Be warned.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:16 pm But thats not the country I live in now. There is no leeway, everything is right of wrong no matter the extent of the misdemeanor.
So you haven’t even got a ticket yet, you got let off on the last one going 97 and you’ve already decided that this is your opinion? 😂
:roll:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:35 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:27 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm So you haven’t even got a ticket yet, you got let off on the last one going 97 and you’ve already decided that this is your opinion? 😂
Unmarked car - not the same as speed van - hope you now understand Richard :lol:
why don’t you wait til you get a ticket, then whine about it if you think it’s unjust?
:!:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Gwaredd wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:54 pm As an aside, I've noticed quite a few times now, about half a mile to a mile out from when the dreaded 50mph average speed zone ends on motorways, a static camera van waiting to pounce on anyone giving it the beans after the holy NSL sign appears. It's a proper cunts trick & fortunately, I've been lucky so far! Be warned.

Whereabouts?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Various places. Last one was the M6.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

jamcg wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:02 pm The A19 going past Northallerton is notorious, sometimes 2 in a relatively short section. I just set cruise at 70 on this stretch due to the frequency of the vans appearance- the other day I overtook the same woman about 4 times, only to be then overtaken by her, despite never changing my speed. One time she decided to accelerate up to about 85 and come past me, right in line of site in the camera van, she slowed to about 65 after- don’t think she appreciated me and the wife laughing at her stupidity :lol:
Near Leake Church. They're buggers for it there and also on the old A1 past Dishforth airfield and the section from Jct50- 51. All nice fast well sighted single carriage way
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Has anyone come across a van that hasn't already been pinged on Googlemaps?

I have notice that some fixed cameras disapear and reappear on maps, I guess it's cvnty types messing with the database.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Is it still the case that vans don’t work at night ?

I fear that I’m about 10 years out of date on camera technology.

Dave!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:39 am Is it still the case that vans don’t work at night ?

I fear that I’m about 10 years out of date on camera technology.

Dave!
Depends on the technology used by individual police forces, as they take their own decisions on what type of cameras to use etc. I personally have never seen Cleveland police put the vans out at night but know they do have the capability to use them

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.gaze ... 316042.amp