Facebook marketplace twats

drcarlos

Facebook marketplace twats

Post by drcarlos »

What it is with people that send the ‘is this still available’ standard question and then don’t respond when you reply it is?

What’s the fucking point?

It’s easy to see why wbac exists.
scotta

Re: Facebook marketplace twats

Post by scotta »

I believe it’s very easy to unwittingly hit the message button that automatically sends the default “is this still available?” Message
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

on the flip side, I’ve sent people the “is it still available” message and not had a response back for days, by which time I’ve bought something else.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

"re-advertised due to time waster" not exactly the same but it often makes me think someone has come to see it, realised it is crap and walked away.

The auto questions that pop up on a phone are a pita, all too easy to hit "what's the price?" or similar.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

First paragraph of my description:
"For sale is my Logitech G25. I have used this with my Playstation 3, I am unsure what other consoles it will work with so you might want to do some research into this online before you buy if you are using another console."

Message received:
"Would at do xbox one buddy"

:roll:

It's not all bad though, I ended up selling to the second person who messaged the same day as I put it up, and he gave me £10 more than the advertised price .
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

First time I’d tried selling anything on there. Truck isn’t really deserving of a £50 autotrader ad. Still got a couple of interested punters coming this evening, 1 via Facebook, 1 via eBay (who just called and asked a couple of general questions then arranged to come see it).
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Gavin wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:13 am "re-advertised due to time waster" not exactly the same but it often makes me think someone has come to see it, realised it is crap and walked away.

The auto questions that pop up on a phone are a pita, all too easy to hit "what's the price?" or similar.
Honestly, given the sheer amount of timewasters, I’d believe it every time.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
scotta

Post by scotta »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:41 am
Gavin wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:13 am "re-advertised due to time waster" not exactly the same but it often makes me think someone has come to see it, realised it is crap and walked away.

Honestly, given the sheer amount of timewasters, I’d believe it every time.
Yep - plenty fuckwits when i was selling the R26.

"hmmm...not sure i want another black car" Well you knew the colour prior to looking.

"Like the car - will need to sort out some money. Will bell you later tonight." then ghosted me on phone and text.

"Your price is too high" - After i had sold it for the advertised price. replied "Price must have been fine as ive sold it..For the advertised price"
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Having worked in a car dealer three hundred million years ago, it's bizarre the lengths people will go to to pretend they are able to buy something which they clearly can't, to themselves more than anyone.

It's rather like they're trying on clothes that are way outside of their ability to purchase and then pretend that they are choosing not to buy them rather than face the reality of how much they fail at life.

People suck.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Is that similar to forcing on a Size 10 dress but choosing “not to like the style” :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Richard

Post by Richard »

I haven’t used Facebook for 6 months or so, but I remember Market Place being mostly for fencing stolen goods
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

So the truck sold via eBay to the first person to actually pitch up. Maybe I should have learned my lesson but I'm changing PA kit so put my old stuff up for sale there, all cheap prices for what it is, all I get now is dreaming bellends lowballing me. At least I can block them though.