Arise Sir Geoffrey

McSwede

Arise Sir Geoffrey

Post by McSwede »

At long last Teresa May has done something worthy of praise! A long overdue knighthood for Geoffrey Boycott. A fantastic servant to his country and county.
NotoriousREV

Re: Arise Sir Geoffrey

Post by NotoriousREV »

Was that for services to giving the Mrs a slap?

Edit: Oh, and he was on R4 this morning telling us he voted Leave because he was convicted of slapping his Mrs in France :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Sir Strauss is much more worthy.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:58 am Was that for services to giving the Mrs a slap?

Edit: Oh, and he was on R4 this morning telling us he voted Leave because he was convicted of slapping his Mrs in France :lol:
I was listening to Today when that came on. I think it was really badly handled by the interviewer - rather than introducing the segment by saying it was controversial because of this prior conviction, it all proceeded in a very friendly fashion until suddenly halfway through the interview she sideswiped him with it.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I do think you should be allowed to given the benefit of the doubt over having reformed and paid your dues over an incident 25 years ago. On the other, when he opens his mouth you do get the impression his views over relationships are firmly rooted in the 1970s.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Did no-one click on the link above?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... -case.html

To save your time , here's the headline from it: "Geoffrey Boycott 'must be knighted' after new evidence points to his innocence over domestic abuse case".
GG.

Post by GG. »

Seemingly not.

A lot of that article is clearly hearsay but the fact that a British judge noted her evidence in relation to her bankruptcy proceedings was “characterised by inconsistency which was of such a degree as to suggest a deliberate lack of truthfulness” doesn't really cast her in a very good light does it.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

bitches be cray cray
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Even if the domestic abuse stuff was made up, he seems like a cunt and royal honours are stupid.

An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

What a moronic post :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

All the high IQ people are really invested in whether a miserable old man gets a pat on the back from an old woman wearing a shiny hat :lol:.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

He’s a professional Yorkshireman and as such, he can get to fuck.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

McSwede wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 am For a little balance... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... -case.html
Balance and a link to the Telegraph? 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:08 pm He’s a professional Yorkshireman and as such, he can get to fuck.
Yep. By definition he is a c**t. Zed & Rev are correct.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I couldn't care less either way about his knighthood, but FWIW I enjoy his cricket cometary.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

He strikes me* as a man who's very happy with his own opinion and will give it to you, whether you like it or not.

*Not in the way he strikes his wife.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:16 pm He strikes me* as a man who's very happy with his own opinion and will give it to you, whether you like it or not.

You can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can’t tell him much.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:16 pm He strikes me* as a man who's very happy with his own opinion and will give it to you, whether you like it or not.

:lol:

McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I was fortunate enough to attend an event at his house a couple of years ago to celebrate the anniversary of his hundredth 100. He exceeded my expectations. Generous, funny, charismatic and a fabulous host. One of my best day/evenings out ever.

He is honest and people don't like that sometimes. You hear a lot of his opinions because he's on the radio/tv to offer them to the viewer. It's safe to say he's the very definition of a marmite man! :lol:

Oh, and by the way Rev, his lovely Yorkshire home is up for sale as he's relocating to Lancashire :lol: :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

McSwede wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:07 pm I was fortunate enough to attend an event at his house a couple of years ago to celebrate the anniversary of his hundredth 100. He exceeded my expectations. Generous, funny, charismatic and a fabulous host. One of my best day/evenings out ever.

He is honest and people don't like that sometimes. You hear a lot of his opinions because he's on the radio/tv to offer them to the viewer. It's safe to say he's the very definition of a marmite man! :lol:

Oh, and by the way Rev, his lovely Yorkshire home is up for sale as he's relocating to Lancashire :lol: :lol:
We need to take back control of our borders :evil:
Middle-aged Dirtbag