CTIIRWOIWAHO

Swervin_Mervin

Re: CTIIRWOIWAHO

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:04 am That special edition looks crap though. The normal V8 looks identical to the diesel, and it's far more amusing to have a ~400bhp V8 in a car which doesn't look like it'd be particularly rapid.
I quite like it, but not enough to fork out that much. I may end up settling for a std model and then dropping it a bit and chavving it up with exhaust and rear spoiler.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

This is a bigger engine and manual gearbox away from being amazing.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... v8/9016335

An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The car Rev should have bought.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:50 pm The car Rev should have bought.
You’re not wrong. Damn. Although it is massively let down by having the wrong engine. The Chevy 305 is a boat anchor.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:50 pm The car Rev should have bought.
You’re not wrong. Damn. Although it is massively let down by having the wrong engine. The Chevy 305 is a boat anchor.
yeah, as Z said, it’s pretty much just filling the gap for a decent engine to fill!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, it wouldn't even need anything mental right away, a bog standard 350 and a manual box would improve it immensely.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Nah, the Turbo 400 is bomb proof. Convert it to reverse pattern manual valve body. If you're putting a small block in it, you may as well go 383 stroker because hey can be bought off the shelf for the same price as a 350.

I spend far too long thinking about this shit. Once I get a job, my next project will be a Yank V8.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I thought you still had that Merc for some reason. Maybe I'm going sealion.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:31 pm I thought you still had that Merc for some reason. Maybe I'm going sealion.
Wow, that got sold a loooooooong time ago.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:19 pm Nah, the Turbo 400 is bomb proof. Convert it to reverse pattern manual valve body. If you're putting a small block in it, you may as well go 383 stroker because hey can be bought off the shelf for the same price as a 350.

I spend far too long thinking about this shit. Once I get a job, my next project will be a Yank V8.
You are of course correct on both fronts, I just quite like the idea of making it manual and reckoned finding someone that was breaking an old Camaro or something would be a cheapish way to get the 305 out.

I’ve been saying for years that I want something American. Current excuse is that I have nowhere to keep it. Should really pull my finger out and sort that. Also buy a bike.
An absolute unit
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Always fancied doing a Cappuccino engine swap, but now they're very thin on the ground, might as well go full 70s. Nice big bike engine, about 200bhp. Decent suspension and brakes. 550kg. Bosh.

Back in the real world, it's unlikely to actually ever happen.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Nefarious wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:00 am Image

Always fancied doing a Cappuccino engine swap, but now they're very thin on the ground, might as well go full 70s. Nice big bike engine, about 200bhp. Decent suspension and brakes. 550kg. Bosh.

You're retired. How busy can you be? ;)
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Nefarious wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:00 am Image

That would be awesome and a Hayabusa 1300 engine would keep it 100% Suzuki.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

That would be very cool in a "I have absolutely no desire to own one and I am not even sure I should be accepting Nef's p-ride offer" kinda way.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

mik wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 am That would be very cool in a "I have absolutely no desire to own one and I am not even sure I should be accepting Nef's p-ride offer" kinda way.
I had a passenger ride with him once, I still see that wall heading towards us. :o :shock:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:49 am
mik wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 am That would be very cool in a "I have absolutely no desire to own one and I am not even sure I should be accepting Nef's p-ride offer" kinda way.
I had a passenger ride with him once, I still see that wall heading towards us. :o :shock:
Rubbish. When he gave me a ride in the Westie, I saw no walls heading towards us. Although that could be because I'd forgotten my sunnies and was squinting for most of the time.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

I was about to berate you all for besmirching my good name, but then I looked at my own signature and realised I probably don't have much of a leg to stand on.... ;)
scotta

Post by scotta »

Nefarious wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:47 am I was about to berate you all for besmirching my good name, but then I looked at my own signature and realised I probably don't have much of a leg to stand on.... ;)
Possibly a bit like when you took my aussie relatives round knockhill...and promptly stuck it in the weeds at the bottom of duffas...
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

scotta wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:12 pm
Nefarious wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:47 am I was about to berate you all for besmirching my good name, but then I looked at my own signature and realised I probably don't have much of a leg to stand on.... ;)
Possibly a bit like when you took my aussie relatives round knockhill...and promptly stuck it in the weeds at the bottom of duffas...
You, of all people, Scott, are in no position to piss-take about putting the Westfield in the weeds ;)

Beside, it doesn't count if you keep rolling and style it out...
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

This was in a Saab iirc...