Cowardly Road Ragers

Gwaredd

Cowardly Road Ragers

Post by Gwaredd »

I recieved an email yesterday about my driving. I'll copy it in here, then paint a picture of what happened.

'13:38 pm - Longwick to Thame towards Kingsey 10th September 2019

It's a really really bad idea to tailgate drivers when your vehicle is plastered with your business name, details, logo, and contact phone numbers all clearly and publicly visible.

PR is at an all time low when you conduct yourselves in this utterly pathetic and frankly shameful manner.

The whole premise behind signwriting anything, never mind your own vehicles, is to promote a professional image.

In this case it's worked in the polar opposite fashion.

Steele Signs has exposed itself for being immature and unprofessional.

I cannot recall the entire registration mark of the van but 'GAZ' formed part of it.

So, GAZ, if it's you, then sort out your own act. If not, then have a word with your staff and with your drivers.'

I replied thus:

'Hi Paul.

That would have been myself & I cannot recall tailgating anyone yesterday. I had my Wife with me on that journey & let me assure you, she would have been the first person to pull me up on my driving, so I can only assume you are either being overly sensitive, or I've annoyed you some other way & this is your way of retaliation. I suspect this is the case, & I'm pretty certain I recall what car you were in along that road, as I'd needed to have overtaken you for you to collect the details on the rear, so I'm going with my gut on this one.

Rest assured, it will go no further.

I hope you have the day you deserve.

Regards.'

What actually happened was I was in a long line of cars waiting patiently to overtake a tractor. I was about 4 or 5 cars aways when I noticed some dick in a blue Mazda estate car blast past everyone, overtaking us all at speed over chevrons at a junction. He almost collided with a Golf that was performing an overtake of the tractor, as it was next in line. When it was my turn, I passed the tractor & very quickly caught the said Mazda who had slowed to about 45mph, so I zipped round him straight away. I was never behind him so to speak, as I caught him so fast, I just drove around him. I was in the Transit btw, so had probably mustered close to 60mph by this point. Then I got this reply:

'OK Gareth, just out of curiosity, which car do you think I was in?

I'll apologise for my email. Yesterday was a particularly bad one for me, which is, of course, not of your creation.

I over reacted and I'm sorry for having done so.

Best wishes,'

To which I responded:

'No problem. To satisfy your curiosity, my gut says you were in a dark blue Mazda & the incident that incurred your wrath happened shortly after we overtook the tractor.

If this is not the case & you genuinely thought I was driving too closely at some stage, then it is my turn to apologise. I always aim to drive with a healthy dose of politeness as I'm all too aware that my name is on the side - I put it there after all!

Kind regards'

Then he sent:

'Yes, Mazda 6 Estate. Bang on correct. I'd actually taken off from the back of the convoy and passed you along with about four others in one hit, the tractor being at the front.

You followed subsequently (that was the only point at which I considered you too close, but in fairness it wasn't for long at all) and then passed me as we drove towards Kingsey.

Did you spot the black 12 plate Golf edge out ominously whilst I was passing the tractor? Clearly her mirrors weren't working too well.

Glad we've got things sorted out. You're clearly an observant driver like myself. I find far too many people drive 'inside' the car, if that makes any sense?

Anyway, you have a great evening, it's been nice to have this discussion, albeit starting off with a needless rant by me.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,'

All well & good, situation calmed, however it irks me on a few points & I know I should leave it, but I'm not sure I can resist responding by pointing out his errors.

1, Overtaking on the chevrons like an impatient asshole, nearly colliding with the Golf.
2, Overtaking several other cars in an attempt to catch back up to me & nearly colliding with a bus coming the other way.
3, Tailgating me afterwards all the way to Witney.

The worst part of it all for me, is the cowardly act in that he emailed in an attempt to get the then unknown driver into hot water, claiming something had happened when it clearly had not, voiced by his own admission later on. Had that been an employee on their last warning or something, the outcome could have been very different. The second worst part, is that he considers himself to be an observant driver, and everyone else is the problem. Get fucked are you.

The only thing stopping me ripping him a new asshole is the fact he backed down immediately & put his hands up. Whether that was genuine, or that fact I called him out early will remain forever a mystery!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
duncs500

Re: Cowardly Road Ragers

Post by duncs500 »

:lol: Bizarre! Still, I would leave it where it is and be pleased you played it well. This guy would not take the criticism of his driving positively.

You're right though, total cunty thing to do.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sounds like a romance blossoming.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Rich B wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 pm Sounds like a romance blossoming.
Well, he sent me his mobile number, so maybe! Do I start with a dick pic or is that coming on too strong?
Cheers.

Gwaredd
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I hope you get banned.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Im surprised it’s so well written - probably an older person who is just bored and has nothing better to do - as Broccers says some people enjoy being miserable.
I’d change the sign on your car to “If you done like my driving call 0800-fuck-you” ;)
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

See I'm a sucker for an apology - he was being a fanny, he realised it and said sorry. Finished, forget about it.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:11 pm See I'm a sucker for an apology - he was being a fanny, he realised it and said sorry. Finished, forget about it.
I agree with JL, the voice of reason.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:11 pm See I'm a sucker for an apology - he was being a fanny, he realised it and said sorry. Finished, forget about it.
You say this, but what's the betting that the knobber had a dashcam & he'll upload the carefully edited footage to UK_Drivers_Go_Crazy! on YouTube? :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Hey, all publicity, etc - right?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

To be honest, every time I watch a dash cam video, I'm half expecting me on it :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:17 pm
I agree with JL, the voice of reason.

That's going a bit far, but JLIC.
Barry

Post by Barry »

He knew he over reacted because he's played back all the stupid sh!t he did before you showed him up and his rage hit the ceiling. He's firefighting now so you don't tell HIM you have dashcams to incriminate him. He's a typical angry impotent little cvnt IMO, bitten off more than he realised when he contacted you.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I do enjoy the odd angry phone call or email. The amount they embellish the (non) incident to justify their poor driving is staggering.

Sometimes though, I've just been a cunt, so swings & roundabouts really!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Clearly having a bad day, as he said himself. Hence the illegal driving.

Got to say that if I had a logo'd van that relied on local trade I wouldn't drive like a twat.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

This wasn't local, and I never shit on my own doorstep.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Gwaredd wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 pm I do enjoy the odd angry phone call or email. The amount they embellish the (non) incident to justify their poor driving is staggering.

Sometimes though, I've just been a cunt, so swings & roundabouts really!
I once picked up two middle aged drunk women who came out after ten minutes of me sitting. They then started moaning about me going too fast (I think I hit 25 round a downhill bend in the 30 zone). I offered to just drop them off which I think too them aback so i pulled in and dumped them. They then phoned and started complaining their driver had sworn at them, been speeding then told them to eff off and dumped them.

I calmly explained it had been me driving and she went quiet then hung up. She then phoned again ten minutes later for another taxi :lol:

It really does suck when your livelihood can potentially be threatened by some, in this case anyway, drunken entitled pork wanker, who is having a bad day.
Beany

Post by Beany »

mr_jon wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 pm Clearly having a bad day, as he said himself. Hence the illegal driving.

Got to say that if I had a logo'd van that relied on local trade I wouldn't drive like a twat.
*whistles innocently while remembering nearly binning it while having some fun with a Focus ST on the Blue Bank towards Whitby in a liveried up Ka Van*
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Richard

Post by Richard »

I just never get drawn into these things