V8Granite

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by V8Granite »

Looks great 8-)

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well done Marvold. I’ve booked Eurotunnel tickets for Friday but am still to decide on a destination and where to sleep.
How about not having a sig at all?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Marv wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:02 pm Made it to the bottom of Spain in the M3:

Good job pal! 8-)
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Will no one think of how its damaging it's value with all those miles? Will no one think of the residuals?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Matty wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:20 pm Will no one think of how its damaging it's value with all those miles? Will no one think of the residuals?
It’s pretty much worthless now. Marv, I’ll give you £500 for it.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Slow your roll there Dave. I think the windscreen is not the factory-fitted one.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

£250. Actually, I forgot about the speed holes. £150.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 am Slow your roll there Dave. I think the windscreen is not the factory-fitted one.
Must be a corruption in your copy of Nathan's database, it's still the factory-fitted windscreen!

After 16 years, it has loads of tiny marks on it and been repaired about three times (all before I owned it) could probably do with a new one, really 😱
Oui, je suis un motard.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

The Audi windscreen looks like a 12" record after a decade of being wanged through sandstorms at highly illegal speeds. Can't bring myself to replace it and have a worthless car :D
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Marv wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:33 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 am Slow your roll there Dave. I think the windscreen is not the factory-fitted one.
Must be a corruption in your copy of Nathan's database, it's still the factory-fitted windscreen!

After 16 years, it has loads of tiny marks on it and been repaired about three times (all before I owned it) could probably do with a new one, really 😱
I'll do you a straight swap: your M3 for my mortgage (excluding the property that the mortgage bought). How's that? It is a big number on the mortgage, definitely much more than the value of the car.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 am The Audi windscreen looks like a 12" record after a decade of being wanged through sandstorms at highly illegal speeds. Can't bring myself to replace it and have a worthless car :D
JL commuting. Last Thursday.

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yes!! Same same!! :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Passat got a new MOT this week. Last year it had a load of advisories, most I'd sorted as part of general maintenance since then, but two I'd not touched - front brake discs & front wishbones.

This year - nothing.

People seem to get quite anal about checking a car's MOT history to see if it's been looked after, in this case you might be led to think it's had new brakes & suspension in the last year. Not so.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve had this advisory for 2 years from a MOT testing station
Nearside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))

My independent last year said it’s fine and the movement is so little it’s not worth changing. Asked BMW who serviced it 2 weeks ago and they said it’s perfectly fine and even showed me in a video so I think the MOT tester is just a picky bastard. Although they were worried about some oil the gearbox housing to which I told them it’s probably some spillage from having the oil changed... “But Sir, the oil lasts the lifetime of the car” :lol:
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

I think my bike had three completely different sets of advisories on the last three MOTs. Nothing done and barely ridden in between those.

Doubt anyone cares about me leasing boring cars but I've signed up for a VW e-Golf for January when the GTE goes back. 3+23, £246pm. For someone that didn't think they liked Golfs much, that'll make it 3 in a row.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

simon_g wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:29 pm I think my bike had three completely different sets of advisories on the last three MOTs. Nothing done and barely ridden in between those.

Doubt anyone cares about me leasing boring cars but I've signed up for a VW e-Golf for January when the GTE goes back. 3+23, £246pm. For someone that didn't think they liked Golfs much, that'll make it 3 in a row.
Saw that on HUKD. Great price. TBH I was looking at the e-UP that's recently been announced - 150 mile range would be more than enough for me.

How are you planning to charge it? Getting a faster charger installed or just trickling it off the mains?
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

I got a 7kw charger fitted for the GTE, it was £100 after the grant - current car can manage half that but I figured it was worth future proofing.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Remember when everyone who didn’t even have an electric car was using the grant to fit a charger because “it will increase your house price” :lol: morons...