Bye Bye Boris!

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JonMad »

Unless that was his plan all along, or someone’s.
Left over crest; tightens.
Beany

Post by Beany »

JonMad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:16 pm Unless that was his plan all along, or someone’s.
Occams Razor people, for fucks sake.

Is it actually a Deep State conspiracy to subvert the democratic vote via an amazing triple bluff, a requiring a level of complexity that would make the middle east peace process look like a quick game of Solitaire.....

.....or is it that Johnson and his team are utterly fucking feckless, have seriously underestimated their position and vastly overestimated their influence, and have completely fucked it up in ways previously thought to be impossible due to the level of negligence required?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:28 pm His greatest political act since becoming the PM has been to repeatedly call JC a chicken.

To the extent where they made up a poster of him in a chicken suit, and sent 'JFC' branded chicken to the press corp.
I was reading a Peston piece the other day, and he seemed to be suggesting that there could be a softening of the DUP's position on having a regulatory border in the Irish Sea. That BJ will come back with a renegotiated deal without the backstop, and that if his hardline ERGers refuse to back the deal in Parliament that they'll also be joining the Tory remainers in the dole queue i.e. that BJ may be willing to bring the Tory party to the brink in order to get a deal across the line before 31st Oct.
So I don't think that's likely.
Which bit? The regulatory border in the Irish Sea or him dumping the likes of Francois if they don't vote for it?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Ignoring the Brexitards, as I intend to fully do from now on, if Brexit actually was a good idea, I can't help but feel it would have been smoothly implemented by now, rather than essentially breaking the government.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:33 pm
Beany wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:28 pm His greatest political act since becoming the PM has been to repeatedly call JC a chicken.

To the extent where they made up a poster of him in a chicken suit, and sent 'JFC' branded chicken to the press corp.
I was reading a Peston piece the other day, and he seemed to be suggesting that there could be a softening of the DUP's position on having a regulatory border in the Irish Sea. That BJ will come back with a renegotiated deal without the backstop, and that if his hardline ERGers refuse to back the deal in Parliament that they'll also be joining the Tory remainers in the dole queue i.e. that BJ may be willing to bring the Tory party to the brink in order to get a deal across the line before 31st Oct.
Which bit? The regulatory border in the Irish Sea or him dumping the likes of Francois if they don't vote for it?
I was thinking more that Johnson, and most of his team, actually haven't the nous to come up with anything such as the above, which would involve some actual politicking rather than making loud noises.

Again, we're talking about the party of....this:

Proper high level stuff here.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:35 pm Ignoring the Brexitards, as I intend to fully do from now on, if Brexit actually was a good idea, I can't help but feel it would have been smoothly implemented by now, rather than essentially breaking the government.
It certainly wouldn't require a £100m advertising campaign...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Last edited by JLv3.0 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Beany wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:29 pm .....or is it that Johnson and his team are utterly fucking feckless, have seriously underestimated their position and vastly overestimated their influence, and have completely fucked it up in ways previously thought to be impossible due to the level of negligence required?
Like it was all going swimmingly before he took over :lol: - he's just the latest. Cameron, spineless chicken he was in the first instance. Then May, who despite her faults, did seem to be trying to do the right thing - just really, really badly, to Boris and his strategy.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:10 pm LET'S FUND OUR NHS INSTEAD!! :lol:
£6.5bn (and counting) is a small price to pay for our sovereignty and independence.
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Oh - I thought it was to pay for the NHS. That's what the bus would have me believe. Most odd.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:33 pm

I was thinking more that Johnson, and most of his team, actually haven't the nous to come up with anything such as the above, which would involve some actual politicking rather than making loud noises.

Again, we're talking about the party of....this:

Proper high level stuff here.
Whilst the JFC nonsense was just that, I don't think they're any better or worse than any others in the house, or that have gone before. Stupid to perhaps believe that Corbyn wouldn't flip-flop for his own ends though.

There have been a few murmurings that they may have been instrumental in getting the DUP to soften - how much is down to BJ and his advisors who knows. I'm sure if they do secure a change to the backstop, they'll trumpet it as their solution when it was something suggested by the EU a very long time ago.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm Oh - I thought it was to pay for the NHS. That's what the bus would have me believe. Most odd.
Oh my no, we won't have the budget for an NHS after brexit. What are we, communists?

Fortunately we'll have all those helpful Americans on hand to help us set up a new, better way.
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Well, it's all fine. I'm sure there exists a long and detailed list of all the benefits of this Brexit so I'll just trust those in charge to do the right thing.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 pm
Whilst the JFC nonsense was just that, I don't think they're any better or worse than any others in the house, or that have gone before. Stupid to perhaps believe that Corbyn wouldn't flip-flop for his own ends though.

There have been a few murmurings that they may have been instrumental in getting the DUP to soften - how much is down to BJ and his advisors who knows. I'm sure if they do secure a change to the backstop, they'll trumpet it as their solution when it was something suggested by the EU a very long time ago.
Oh they're all idiots, I just don't get the people who seem to think Boris is a spiffing chap with the gusto to get things done. He's always been a fucking eejit.

There are also murmurings that the reason the unredacted Yellowhammer report hasn't been released to MPs is because the actual negative side effects would make them all baulk and Brexit would be over.

Murmurings are just that, innit.
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:50 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm Oh - I thought it was to pay for the NHS. That's what the bus would have me believe. Most odd.
Oh my no, we won't have the budget for an NHS after brexit. What are we, communists?

Fortunately we'll have all those helpful Americans on hand to help us set up a new, better way.
I'll pay less income tax and NI after the disband the NHS, yeah?

Yeah....?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Beany wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:22 pmI just don't get the people who seem to think Boris is a spiffing chap with the gusto to get things done.
Dave! is rather guilty of this, to my immense shock at the time.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:23 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:50 pm

I'll pay less income tax and NI after the disband the NHS, yeah?

Yeah....?
Well, you’ll be dead in a ditch, so yes.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Another fucking bridge.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because his history with them is just so, so exceptionally good.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I'm gradually changing my mind on the whole thing. Sorry for the winding up :D

Be good to get on with normalality.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Go on BrocStar, give us your considered thoughts on the situation 8-)