Decent Recent TV

Beany

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by Beany »

GAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Beany wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:54 pm GAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!
It's been out for ages!! It's like that bloke who complained about Matt Lucas 'spoiling' Les Mis and him pointing out when it was written!
Beany

Post by Beany »

I meant the formatting breakage on the forum, but never mind ;)
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

TBH I thought Gav was referencing that too. When he said '"it's been out for ages" I thought the meant out of alignment.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I hadn't noticed any formatting breakage although looking back my post is in small text that I didn't do!
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Carnival Row watched episode 1, all very stilted and grimdark. Impressive budget clearly and Fae folk getting funky was amusing but not sure I'll bother with the rest of the series.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Watching Dirk Gently on Netflix. It's weird but quite addictive. Not sure if I like it yet, but can't stop watching it either!
Last edited by IanF on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,

Ian
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

The Loudest Voice - about Roger Ailes and Fox News. Crow is excellent as is Sienna Miller who is unrecognisable.

Well worth a watch.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Succession- this really has come into it's own in the second series. Have been enjoying it immensely.

Everybody in the Place - a documentary by Jeremy Deller on 80s/early 90s rave culture and its interplay with the UK's political and social issues of the time. I enjoyed this too as it's presented in quite an interesting format, being a mixture of archive footage discussed in front of a class of A-level politics students. That being said, it does smack a little bit of being a high-brow attempt to over intellectualise people simply getting off their chops.
Last edited by Maurice on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Maurice wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:14 pm Succession really has come into it's own in the second series. Have been enjoying it immensely.
Don't you find the fathers contstantly shifting favour between his children has been brought to screen in a really clunky manner?

Visually impressive yes
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Nathan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:24 pm
Maurice wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:14 pm Succession really has come into it's own in the second series. Have been enjoying it immensely.
Don't you find the fathers contstantly shifting favour between his children has been brought to screen in a really clunky manner?

Visually impressive yes
I know what you're saying, but given it's largely the premise of the show they do have to draw it out somewhat.
Beany

Post by Beany »

IanF wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:59 pm Watching Dirk Gently on Netflix. It's weird but quite addictive. Not sure if I like it yet, but can't stop watching it either!
I don't like it as a Dirk Gently adaptation - it's not nearly dry enough - but it's a pretty fun show.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Maurice wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:33 pm
Nathan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:24 pm

Visually impressive yes
I know what you're saying, but given it's largely the premise of the show they do have to draw it out somewhat.
Yeah I just feel it lacks finesse
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but I've just started watching Dark on Netflix and it's amazing.

I started watching it because someone described it as the show Lost wanted to be and it fits.

Hard to nail down but it's got bits of Scandi-Noir police drama and weird science conspiracy with a fair amount of Twin Peaks small town secrets.
An absolute unit
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 am Don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but I've just started watching Dark on Netflix and it's amazing.

I started watching it because someone described it as the show Lost wanted to be and it fits.

Hard to nail down but it's got bits of Scandi-Noir police drama and weird science conspiracy with a fair amount of Twin Peaks small town secrets.
Is that the one that's dubbed from German?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, it defaults to a dub but we're watching it in German with subtitles as I can't watch live action dubs.
An absolute unit
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Ah, I’ve tried watching it a couple of time, my nephew said it’s fantastic but I really struggle to get into it. I’m binge watching Gotham at the moment so will give it another go after that.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Preacher Season 4 is...kinda crazy. It's not the best season, but still enjoyable.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I lost the will with Preacher this season, might go back and finish it but it feels like they've tried to cram too much into this season as it's the last one.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Finally capitulated and got Netflix in order to watch Stranger Things. This was largely down to the fact that my 13 year old has not spoken about anything else since he binge watched at his cousins... all 3 series, twice in the space of a week or so.

It's very good but I'm not sure it's deserving of the hype - 5 episodes in to series 1 so far.

anything else on Netflix worth catching ??
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…