Teh Spotted Thread

ZedLeg

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by ZedLeg »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:20 pm
This 355 is mint and another car which is usually covered up. I looked it up and it’s only done 18,000 miles.
The Mclaren is a 650. There’s a FF in the corner but no longer joined by its GTC4 mate. Old Bentley in the background. Usually there’s 2 360’s parked by each other - summer is awesome.
Love the dickhead parking with that McLaren. At least they've got a cover to make it harder for someone to key :lol:.
An absolute unit
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I don't tend to view that as dickhead parking these days, more like protecting their pride and joy in spaces that haven't increased in size the way cars have. The 355 is a tiny car and look how tight it sits in that bay.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It won’t get keyed here, you just get an automatic £60 per day fine added to your reg plate - the carpark barrier won’t open till you’ve paid it.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

On this weeks episode of what will the MG dealership do next...

It’s a fucking cake shop now. The fridges were also packed with MG branded cakes. What the actual fuck.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am I don't tend to view that as dickhead parking these days, more like protecting their pride and joy in spaces that haven't increased in size the way cars have. The 355 is a tiny car and look how tight it sits in that bay.
The Superfast is wider and almost fits in 1 space, 650S guy would've been fine. I calls it likes I sees it.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:09 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:03 am I don't tend to view that as dickhead parking these days, more like protecting their pride and joy in spaces that haven't increased in size the way cars have. The 355 is a tiny car and look how tight it sits in that bay.
The Superfast is wider and almost fits in 1 space, 650S guy would've been fine. I calls it likes I sees it.
Is it public parking? Maybe he's paid for two spaces
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Didn't realise I'd get so many people leaping to the defense of some guy and their McLaren :lol:.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It’s the private carpark under mitoboys dads flat in Chelsea isn’t it. Presumably Mclaren guys two spaces to do what he wants with.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Most people rent a space on an annual basis, but the spaces aren’t numbered and you will get a fine if your wheels are even slightly out of the parking line. If you look at the back of the picture (where the Previa is) can see a fenced off bit - those are individual spaces, they cost £150,000 each though so not many people bother buying them.

Anyway found out what the car under cover behind the Mclaren is
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:43 am A Tesla 3. In fact, over the last couple of days, lots of Tesla 3s. Did they time the UK release/collection date with the 1st Sept new registrations or something?

They're incredibly bland aren't they? I didn't even notice the first one, until a few seconds after it passing my brain processed that no, it wasn't an S, as it was a little shorter and a little more ugly.
The wheeltrims on the lower-end Tesla3s don't do them many favours either. Oddest view I've had of one was approaching it in traffic; the bonnet line is really low and the windscreen really deep so it looks like the Mekon of cars:
ImageImage
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Amazingly obscure reference there Jobbo :lol:
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Everyone else here is in their 40s and will remember Dan Dare FFS :lol:

OK, the Ant McPartlin of cars.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:43 pm Everyone else here is in their 40s and will remember Dan Dare FFS :lol:
Wasn’t Dan Dare the 50s? I’m only aware of it because the creator was from our region and there have been various failed attempts to reboot DD over the years.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:40 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:43 am A Tesla 3. In fact, over the last couple of days, lots of Tesla 3s. Did they time the UK release/collection date with the 1st Sept new registrations or something?

They're incredibly bland aren't they? I didn't even notice the first one, until a few seconds after it passing my brain processed that no, it wasn't an S, as it was a little shorter and a little more ugly.
The wheeltrims on the lower-end Tesla3s don't do them many favours either. Oddest view I've had of one was approaching it in traffic; the bonnet line is really low and the windscreen really deep so it looks like the Mekon of cars:
ImageImage
:lol:

It's the grille that's not a grille I don't get (the equivalent of the Mekon's top lip if you like). Tidy it up ffs, rather than leave some strange flat frontal area.
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Dan Dare first appeared in 1950 but was in Eagle magazine until 1994, and was the subject of a successful series of computer games in the 80s.

Batman first appeared in the 1930s, but I remember him from my childhood like I do Dan Dare.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Obviously the reference was way older than me (80s child) - but I got it and it is spot on!
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The photo I found doesn't do it justice - I want to see another Model 3 from the same angle now :lol: But I did think perhaps this is the future and we'll get used to it quickly.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The flat blunt frontal area is a big aero efficiency boost. Most electric cars have something like it but disguise it with a fake grill. I’m not sure which is worse though, a fake grill or just nothing.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

All black Senna at the “McLaren Triangle” cafe. Looked like it’d driven straight from Le Mans, few sticky bits around rear - GTR to come? 😎
Cheers,

Ian
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:51 pm Dan Dare first appeared in 1950 but was in Eagle magazine until 1994, and was the subject of a successful series of computer games in the 80s.

Batman first appeared in the 1930s, but I remember him from my childhood like I do Dan Dare.
probably due it's on thread but I used to have a sub to Tiger and Speed and my brother had one to Roy of the Rovers. Comic day was my favourite day of the week.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…