Your fleet running reports

JLv3.0

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by JLv3.0 »

Also have one - I wanted it to try and find TDC on my mate's quad when I was rebuilding it. It spent most of its time up my nose.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Including a screen as well for £25? Bargain!
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

I read JL’s post in isolation and was completely “WTF?• :?

Amazed at that price - will defo get one at some point.
Simon

Post by Simon »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:39 am Also have one - I wanted it to try and find TDC on my mate's quad when I was rebuilding it. It spent most of its time up my nose.
I've had a proper camera up my nose a few years ago as part of a medical investigation. Not pleasant. :D
mik

Post by mik »

I’ve had a couple of endoscopes down the throat. Each time I’ve elected to do it without general sedation, and each time I have cursed my decision to do it without general sedation. :?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Not actually *my* fleet, but I borrowed my neighbour’s Landie to tow the club HQ today.

If I ever start making noises about possibly buying a Land Rover, remind me of today. They may look cool but they’re just awful to drive.

501B269A-F4D5-4A33-897D-0387B86B91FC.jpeg
501B269A-F4D5-4A33-897D-0387B86B91FC.jpeg (121.15 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Rear discs and pads on the mito, been a while since I've had to do a car with a handbrake on the rear caliper. Still got the fronts to do but ran out of time.

Nothing fancy, just standard spec pagids from Euros.

Done an oil change too, stuff that came out was disappointingly dirty, will keep an eye on it, might have to start doing them more regularly. Only takes 3.5 litres and the filter is tiny, although reasonably easy to access for an Italian car.

Also started a few exploratory digs for the footings for a carport / garage extension over the fiat, hopefully get something knocked up before winter.
Cheers, Harry
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Bought this today for the Mrs (and for me as well a little bit, I admit - never had a soft top before, and am secure in my sexuality enough to not care that's a hairdresser's car :lol: ).

It's a little belter - 95k miles but is as tight as a drum, no lurching from the DSG, everything works, 4 newish tyres. I can't find any record of the cambelt being done (owner is a NCG) but that's no biggie. GBP 4.5k.

Pram will fit in the back, Isofix in the front for the nipper, airbag off. Sorted 8-)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:26 am Bought this today for the Mrs (and for me as well a little bit, I admit - never had a soft top before, and am secure in my sexuality enough to not care that's a hairdresser's car :lol: ).

It's a little belter - 95k miles but is as tight as a drum, no lurching from the DSG, everything works, 4 newish tyres. I can't find any record of the cambelt being done (owner is a NCG) but that's no biggie. GBP 4.5k.

Pram will fit in the back, Isofix in the front for the nipper, airbag off. Sorted 8-)
Does the seat colour match your sofa?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Sadly not :(
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:53 am I’ve had a couple of endoscopes down the throat. Each time I’ve elected to do it without general sedation, and each time I have cursed my decision to do it without general sedation. :?
Mine went in the other way and it was facinating to see, even though I had been tanked up on pethadin.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:38 amSadly not :(
Tough life then. What engine? 2L TFSI lump?
---
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yep that's the one mate, just the right amount of go, I really liked it.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:35 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:26 am Bought this today for the Mrs (and for me as well a little bit, I admit - never had a soft top before, and am secure in my sexuality enough to not care that's a hairdresser's car :lol: ).

Does the seat colour match your sofa?
Looks good - great colour scheme and nice wheels!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Perfect car for the Dubai winter
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:49 am Yep that's the one mate, just the right amount of go, I really liked it.
Good result then and a box ticked off your list.
---
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Fucking list will be the death of me :lol: - cheers guys.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Did the previous owner leave the curling tongs in the glovebox? Etc etc.

I quite like these though, but a bit of skuttle shake (at least on UK roads).
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Golf R will be going back next week. Technically it’s mine until the 23rd but it’s due a service on the 13th but if I hand it back before then I don’t need to fork out £332.08.

I won’t bother with an EOTR because nothing interesting happened to it. I really liked it, it was the ideal fast family motor and I’ll miss the speed, handling and practicality. But I’m convinced that the Porker will make up for most of that.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Volvo continues to serve as excellent transport and now it's regularly getting close to 30mpg, I'm starting to exceed the mileage allowance on my lease. Which isn't terrible because it's only 7p/mile excess or thereabouts.

Went down to Devon in it, and took the opportunity to investigate a green lane near where we were staying. It started quite gently, then the ruts became a bit of a concern, and then it became a full-on underside scrape fest. Bloody glad I didn't get stuck.

The ruts got much deeper from here, though the foliage obscures it quite a bit. Collected a substantial amount of grass in the underside :lol: