Decent Recent TV

dinny_g

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g »

Finished it yesterday - brilliantly fully series. I had sort of figured the kid was alive but didn't think the Wife would be.

Any schedules for season 2 published yet ?
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:21 am
Beany wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:39 pm The Boys

I enjoyed this. Violent, pretty well paced, Karl Urban is tons of fun (as are all the cast) and it's generally a good, dark laugh in the same vein as Preacher (same showrunners effectively).

Worth a poke.

7 interestingly placed pieces of C4 out of 10.
Yep agreed. 2 episodes in and really enjoying it. Complete antidote to the Marvel/DC domination. It’s proper fucking dark too.

I’ve a little worry that Hughie has undiscovered superpowers and his character will move from angry civilian to Super Nemesis - this would be a shame as Humans taking down Supers is far more interesting.

I genuinely spat my beer when Deep got his cock out for Starlight... :lol: Funniest thing I’ve seen on Telly in ages
3eps in and really enjoying this as well. Some very comically dark moments in it.

However, I'm not convinced the Deep getting his cock out moment was supposed to be funny. Seemed fairly dark and sinister to me, the way the scene was played out beforehand.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

No doubt it’s an alagory for the experiences of countless Women in boardrooms all over the world but it was just so unexpected...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... n-my-house

Slightly barmy professor from Alaska decides to get an octopus instead of a dog after his divorce 👍
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:47 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... n-my-house

Slightly barmy professor from Alaska decides to get an octopus instead of a dog after his divorce 👍
Watched this last night. Wasn't going to but there was cr4p all on and I was being lazy. Was hooked!

Not sure I could eat octopus ever again though :(
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:55 am Finished it yesterday - brilliantly fully series. I had sort of figured the kid was alive but didn't think the Wife would be.

Any schedules for season 2 published yet ?
Well that’s just great, Dinny 🙄
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Erm... fair do’s My bad. Sorry.
:oops:
Just sets up the second season - won’t impact your enjoyment of the first series...
Simon

Post by Simon »

Just finished Stranger Things Series 3.

Really really enjoyed this series. It's like the guys have perfected making an 80's show, with all the details so well done. Also loved the movie influences

Terminator - Russian dude
Terminator T-1000 (Flayer)
The chase through the mirror hall - Man with the Golden Gun
BTTF music in the background at the dramatic bits and so on.

Just fantastic.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Simon wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:42 pm Just finished Stranger Things Series 3.

Really really enjoyed this series. It's like the guys have perfected making an 80's show, with all the details so well done. Also loved the movie influences

Just fantastic.
Not as good as the first two IMHO. I mean I love John Milius and Red Dawn but this was just too mental :) Some good moments though of course.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Thanks to a random internet meme, I discovered the Netflix show Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill. I've only seen 4 episodes so far, but it's a strange, yet oddly mesmerizing show. For such decent billing it kinda flew under the radar for me (and many others, after a quick Google) but I'm enjoying it.

Also saw one episode of Hyperdrive. Urgh. Typical American OTT faux-drama and cheesyness. One and I'm out. Feels horribly scripted.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yep Maniac is a new one on me, stellar cast though! Will check it out, cheers 👍🏼
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

When They See Us

Netflix mini series about the Central park five. Very good, quite hard to watch at times but it's brilliant.
An absolute unit
Matty

Post by Matty »

Matty wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:49 pm Thanks to a random internet meme, I discovered the Netflix show Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill. I've only seen 4 episodes so far, but it's a strange, yet oddly mesmerizing show.
Update. Finished this last night. It's incredibly well acted, Jonah Hill absolutely nails it....but it gets really, REALLY strange after Ep4. Kinda like Legion.

That being said, I actually enjoyed it. It was well shot, well paced and kept me interested enough. Can't imagine it'd be everyone cup of tea, but I'd give it a solid 7/10 GRTA's,
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:26 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:59 pm I finally watched Fleabag - both seasons. It’s absolutely brilliant.
Ain't dat da truth.

Dave - I don't think Catch 22 can work in anything other than book form. Sounds like the extra time granted to a TV series rather than a film hasn't changed that.
I'm watching this again with the Mrs, last night I realised that we never actually hear Phoebe Waller-Bridges characters name.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, her credit is Fleabag.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Dark Crystal : Age of Resistance

Would have been very easy to just make a little mini-series with CGI to bodge up the bits that were tricky to do, but blimey, they threw money and good people at this and it shows.

Technically something of a marvel, adds a lot of lore, is entertaining to watch - although as ever, the Skeksis steal the show with more ham than a butchers shop.

Definitely worth it if you enjoyed the film the first time around, but if you're new to it, you don't need to have seen the film.

Eight eyeball removing bugs out of ten. (no really, it's based on an 80s kids property, did you expect it to not be a bit ghoulish?)
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

speedingfine wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Just fantastic.
Not as good as the first two IMHO. I mean I love John Milius and Red Dawn but this was just too mental :) Some good moments though of course.
Very enjoyable, flesh monster was a decent step up from demidogs with a few :shock: moments.

Semispoiler
Spoiler
Odds on Series 4 being "The search for Hop"
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

RobYob wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:18 pm
speedingfine wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Just fantastic.
Very enjoyable, flesh monster was a decent step up from demidogs with a few :shock: moments.

Semispoiler
Spoiler
Odds on Series 4 being "The search for Hop"
I assumed he was "The American" in the cell they reffered to at the end.
Matty

Post by Matty »

WTF have you just done....
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

#bZ :lol: