Yet Another New Car (Well on order)

Jezh

Re: Yet Another New Car (Well on order)

Post by Jezh »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:26 pm Looks very nice 8-) Will look even better without that 7yr warranty sticker in the rear window! I've seen a couple on the roads now and I quite like the idea of one of these.

Is it at the dealership yet? If so why would it take a whole month to get it registered? Our Superb was ready to pickup within a matter of a few days after it arrived at the dealership.
Sorry I am being a bit disingenuous here. As it is so close to September 1 am waiting for the 69 plate. I could have it tomorrow on a 19 plate but doesn't seem much point.
Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:45 pm Image
Unfortunately, there wasn't any innuendo to be had with the number plates on offer :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:41 pm
dinny_g wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:29 pm
Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:53 am Surely it can be registered and taxed on Friday 30th August ready for collection on the 1st Sept? Any suggestions gratefully received.
I would suggest they've hit their August targets and want a head start on their September Targets.
Possible I suppose. Nothing like pissing off your customer before you've even delivered though :roll:
The lease company are their customer, surely?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:47 pm
Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:41 pm
dinny_g wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:29 pm

I would suggest they've hit their August targets and want a head start on their September Targets.
Possible I suppose. Nothing like pissing off your customer before you've even delivered though :roll:
The lease company are their customer, surely?
i missed where he said it was leased?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

There were some good lease deals on these, and he mentioned it was fully maintained, which isn't something I've seen mentioned except on lease cars.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:43 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:26 pm Looks very nice 8-) Will look even better without that 7yr warranty sticker in the rear window! I've seen a couple on the roads now and I quite like the idea of one of these.

Is it at the dealership yet? If so why would it take a whole month to get it registered? Our Superb was ready to pickup within a matter of a few days after it arrived at the dealership.
Sorry I am being a bit disingenuous here. As it is so close to September 1 am waiting for the 69 plate. I could have it tomorrow on a 19 plate but doesn't seem much point.
Ahh. Do people still give a s**t about having the newest plate? I thought that had died out years ago.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:52 pm There were some good lease deals on these, and he mentioned it was fully maintained, which isn't something I've seen mentioned except on lease cars.
Ahhh sorry, things have changed. Going to PCP it then pay off the following week now. Got a maintenance package for first 6 service's chucked in although that doesn't cover tyres. Seemed like a better deal overall and the car will be mine.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Ahh. Do people still give a s**t about having the newest plate? I thought that had died out years ago.
Well I wasn't expecting it until the 1st of September anyway so I'm just in that mindset.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:52 pm There were some good lease deals on these, and he mentioned it was fully maintained, which isn't something I've seen mentioned except on lease cars.
Ahhh sorry, things have changed. Going to PCP it then pay off the following week now. Got a maintenance package for first 6 service's chucked in although that doesn't cover tyres. Seemed like a better deal overall and the car will be mine.
Ah, I see. Really surprised they can't do all the registration stuff before 1 Sept and deliver it to you early too, so you can drive it on the day.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:40 pm
DaveE wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:26 pm Will look even better without that 7yr warranty sticker in the rear window!
I remember when I collected by (new) 306 Rallye, the very first thing I did was pop the hatchback, peel the dealer sticker out, and hand it to the salesman.

Fvcked if I'm tooling around with a big advert for your business in the back of my car.
Exactly this ^ I hate stickers of any kind in the windows
Except those "OV9" ones eh? 😉
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:05 pm
Ah, I see. Really surprised they can't do all the registration stuff before 1 Sept and deliver it to you early too, so you can drive it on the day.
Probably bullshitting about the reasons why as they may well be fully booked with new car hand overs and can't fit you in. Remember they have to spend about 30mins with you to explain how all the buttons and switches work :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

They don't have to spend time hitting a couple of wheels with rubber mallets like BMW dealers do, though :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:56 pm They don't have to spend time hitting a couple of wheels with rubber mallets like BMW dealers do, though :lol:
Not to mention the billion recalls...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:05 pm
I read somewhere that they don't activate the registration until the 1st in case the deal falls through! Its a crazy situation where I am having to take out a credit agreement in order to get the best value discounts rather than using old fashioned cash that would avoid all of this. Happy to hand over the cash a week before but I can't.

Anyway, the reason I am questioning the registration date is I definitely saw a 19 plate Rangey on the road several days before 1st March this year.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

My 430d was fully maintained and wasn't leased.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:56 pm They don't have to spend time hitting a couple of wheels with rubber mallets like BMW dealers do, though :lol:
Meow :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:56 pm
Well I wasn't expecting it until the 1st of September anyway so I'm just in that mindset.
Fair enough! :)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:23 pm
Is that an extra on PCP then?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:17 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:23 pm
Is that an extra on PCP then?
I don’t know, it was included on the car when I bought it and carried over from the previous owner. (The MD of the dealership) Even punctured tyres were covered.