Yet Another New Car (Well on order)

Jimmy Choo

Re: Yet Another New Car (Well on order)

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I saw one in the work car park the other day. It looks good. 8-)
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I do like these - big fan of its left-fieldness. Can't argue with a 7 year warranty either...
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Jezh wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:43 amWhat I have ended up with has a V6, twin turbos, is correct wheel drive and isn't German but has a whiff of their input, 0-60 in a smidge over 4.5 seconds and near on 170mph flat out.
What's not to like 8-)
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Interesting. They look quite nice, but there's something a little off somewhere, a proportion that's wrong or something. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Anyway, still a nice car and more interesting to hear about a more leftfield choice once in a while. Look forward to seeing how you get on with it.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Cheers for all the positivity chaps. Looking forward to updating you when it arrives.
Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Jezh wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:54 pm This is what it will look like, Panthera Metal & Red Nappa

Wow! Not normally a fan of red leather but it looks tremendous there. Looking forward to the driving reports; you can’t argue with a 4.5s 0-60 though.

Seems lower than a lot of the opposition (which I like)? Or is that just the way it is photographed?
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

This is the one I test drove

And this is the one in the showroom which convinced me of colour choice. Yes they are reasonably low

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The one in the early post looks way lower - or is it just the angle of the shot?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Is it 6k service interval? I think the V6 had them in long termers but is it a service every 6 k or every second one an oil change?
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Rich, yes I think they do look a bit more raised but overall they quite low.

Gavin, yep 6k service intervals that's why I went fully maintained. Seems a bit ridiculous in this day but only a small annoyance.

Only other minor gripe at the moment you cannot lock the auto into full manual mode. I suppose as a GT rather than outright B road blaster that is to be expected. We shall see how I get on as the ZF8 is a wonderful thing in the 1.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jezh wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:36 am
Gavin, yep 6k service intervals that's why I went fully maintained. Seems a bit ridiculous in this day but only a small annoyance.
To me this is a sign the car has a proper warranty and that they look after them. I’d bet it’s a 6k oil change and the actual service is every 3rd change or something ?

Much more interesting than most modern cars, nice choice.

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The rear looks way less weird when the car is slammed. Some spacers too would make it look far better.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Looks like an Audi A7 humped a Tesla. Which is a good thing.

An interesting car, good to see one on the forum.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

There seems to be quite a large modding scene in the US which the first pics I posted are from so it may be that one is lowered.

Sorely tempted to get JB4 box for it which apparently takes it up to around 450bhp and loads more torque. Give the standard LSD a serious workout 8-)

When it arrives I will post up so more proportional pics. It definitely looks lower and wider in the flesh.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

It has arrived!!!! Better pics obvs when it gets out of the compound.

Can't get my grubby mitts on it until 2nd September apparently as dealer admin staff don't work Sundays so cannot do the RFL & DVLA registration!!!! Surely it can be registered and taxed on Friday 30th August ready for collection on the 1st Sept? Any suggestions gratefully received.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Looks very nice 8-) Will look even better without that 7yr warranty sticker in the rear window! I've seen a couple on the roads now and I quite like the idea of one of these.

Is it at the dealership yet? If so why would it take a whole month to get it registered? Our Superb was ready to pickup within a matter of a few days after it arrived at the dealership.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:53 am Surely it can be registered and taxed on Friday 30th August ready for collection on the 1st Sept? Any suggestions gratefully received.
I would suggest they've hit their August targets and want a head start on their September Targets.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:26 pm Will look even better without that 7yr warranty sticker in the rear window!
I remember when I collected by (new) 306 Rallye, the very first thing I did was pop the hatchback, peel the dealer sticker out, and hand it to the salesman.

Fvcked if I'm tooling around with a big advert for your business in the back of my car.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

DaveE wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:26 pm Will look even better without that 7yr warranty sticker in the rear window!
I remember when I collected by (new) 306 Rallye, the very first thing I did was pop the hatchback, peel the dealer sticker out, and hand it to the salesman.

Fvcked if I'm tooling around with a big advert for your business in the back of my car.
Exactly this ^ I hate stickers of any kind in the windows
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:29 pm
Jezh wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:53 am Surely it can be registered and taxed on Friday 30th August ready for collection on the 1st Sept? Any suggestions gratefully received.
I would suggest they've hit their August targets and want a head start on their September Targets.
Possible I suppose. Nothing like pissing off your customer before you've even delivered though :roll: