Lego

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Lego

Post by Jobbo »

Everything Lego make seems to be a different scale these days.

Looks bloody good to me.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

I prefer Technic, but that one I will have.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The boy is keen on the Stranger Things set.. I'm guessing its too new to see any deals, so is the best bet just to order from Lego themselves?
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

If you order from Lego, make sure you sign up as a VIP; you get VIP points which turn into discount vouchers and work out at 5% off over time. And you often get a free gift, currently a small Creator pelican set (which is nice, I have two of it because my wife got me one as well, but there are sometimes more substantial or valuable freebies).
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Thanks Jobbo, signed up and set ordered.
Cheers,

Mike.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:12 pm Everything Lego make seems to be a different scale these days.

Looks bloody good to me.
I’ve kind of come to terms with the differing scales and that’s because of the second part of your post, they change scales because that means they can make them look really good.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

A watched order never ships....
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

You know they send it from Denmark? Expect it to take a few days.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Its on its way!
Cheers,

Mike.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Finished my not-Lego 919 this morning. Fun build, some seriously fiddly sections but overall I enjoyed it more than the GT3.
Doors and rear clip and wound up/down with a gear on the side. A neat little function but leave no room in the engine bay for much adornment of the little V4, no turbo or exhaust in the kit, I'm going to try and moc one.

More pics
https://imgur.com/qJVufH8
https://imgur.com/uLNWs2j
https://imgur.com/AcF7bjC
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I’m actually looking forward to the Defender more and more. When was the last time Lego did a 4x4 with independent suspension? 15 years? And a working gearbox? Think that’s never, they’ve only done AWD and a gearbox with the studded supercar and Chiron (I did the studded supercar not so long ago and that was brilliant, I still have the Chiron sat in a box). And a tie in with a manufacturer? Never, unless you break the independent suspension rule and count the Unimog in.

Plus, how many Lego sets can you build that you can say you worked on the life size version of? Bring it on 8-)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

They did a 4x4 with proper gearbox, full suspension and damped gullwing doors back in 2000: https://brickset.com/article/12012/revi ... off-roader

That review isn’t glowing but I disagree with Huw; it’s one of my favourite sets.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:54 pm They did a 4x4 with proper gearbox, full suspension and damped gullwing doors back in 2000: https://brickset.com/article/12012/revi ... off-roader

That review isn’t glowing but I disagree with Huw; it’s one of my favourite sets.
I’d forgotten about that, always wanted one and failed to find them as a complete set once they were discontinued. My experience with the technic supercar has put me off second hand Lego unless it’s still sealed in a box.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

£70 for the Hoonicorn set is very tempting.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

I was in the local Lego store yesterday and saw the Harley, it did nothing for me. The Stranger Things set is CAF so order it online as I can't be arsed lugging a big box around.
M235i
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Now that Lego have messed around with VIP points, I assume you can't just spend them in store like you used to. Ordering online you have to get a voucher from the VIP area which you then use towards the purchase.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I've ordered the Harley anyway, it'll be a nice addition to the bike collection.

Ordered the car transporter too, as that'll go nicely with the Mack and racing truck #childishexcuses
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I bought the white 911 Turbo on Friday. Already got the few bits, including wheel trims, to mod it to look like it’s wearing Fuchs alloys.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

They look cool.

I’m not too taken by the 4x4 thing, it seems to have missed the mark for me especially as you can get a decent hobby grade off road truck with a recognisable body for less money so I’m really not sure what the Lego USP is there. I’m waiting for the Defender to come out and I’ll pick one of those up.