No F1 thread?

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by JonMad »

GG. wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:54 am Very jealous you got to see this one, Jon!
It was the most surreal weekend of my life, I think.
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 pm
well don’t feel you have to share the story...
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 pm
:) I will once I've got through the list of chores my wife has given me as reward for fecking off the whole weekend.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

JonMad wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:22 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 pm

:) I will once I've got through the list of chores my wife has given me as reward for fecking off the whole weekend.
See there’s your problem, I managed to make mine like f1 so she comes with me 😂
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I still haven’t seen this race - just my luck to miss the best one of the year!
How about not having a sig at all?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:17 pm
jamcg wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:43 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Pllllleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeee!
He’s reported to have a termination clause in his Renault contract so if Ferrari or Mercedes offer him a drive he can leave without penalty, clever thinking really
I really, really hope this is true and they boot SV.
The problem for Riccardo would be that he left RBR due to his belief that Verstappen was favoured. If he movs to Ferrari, then he would have to to deal with LeClerc being favoured.

And LeClerc is clearly very, very talented so there's a decent chance Daniel might find himself out-classed too. Could be RBR all over again, but Renault don't seem up to much at the moment, so he may on balance think it's worth the risk.
Oui, je suis un motard.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

New 2021 regs proposal released, biggest news is a return to ground effect 😎

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 8meC2.html
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

jamcg wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:43 pm New 2021 regs proposal released, biggest news is a return to ground effect 😎

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 8meC2.html
There's elements of that the big teams won't sign up to. Aero yes, some of the rest, nah.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If the solution to more competitive racing is to limit the design freedom so much that the cars are essentially identical which is what they’re aiming to do then I’d rather keep the current rules with a ballast penalty for the winner as killing innovation is a sad thing.
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Some driver (& one WAG) pics up on Instagram if you’re interested https://www.instagram.com/jonmad73/
Plus some more on twatter

Still can’t believe the access we had, through guest tickets of a friend who works for F1. It was cool enough getting waved through to the inner track area, then we got in the paddock, passing all the public waiting for autographs. Snapped the photos on Instagram mostly as the drivers cane into the paddock each morning. Also saw a few team bosses and all the ex-racer commentators. My mate Steve spotted us in the Sky coverage and I was just out of shot for some of the C4 and other Sky broadcasting. Also saw Nico doing German commentary and his paddock video diaries.

Made more amazing by getting onto the pit lane each day. Then getting a tour of the F1 technology centre where all the data goes and where they do the video and audio from. Then getting into the Williams garage one day. Then being at Vale/Club for a lot of the key incidents of the race. Then running out into the pit lane once the last car passed the pits to see Parc Ferme and the podium, the crowd all on the track, Lewis coming out and jumping into the crowd. Then seeing them set up and take the team photo and getting to hold the 1st Place trophy.
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

My experience really helped by my mate with me being a complete anorak & knowing how it all worked and who people were. We chatted to Joe Saward, to one of the Williams engineers, a chap from Pirelli and a couple who turned out to be David and Lorina McLaughlin who among other things run F1 historic cars. Eg they have an ex-Schumacher car that she drives. I was chatting to her again on the Sunday when Karun Chandhok briefly interrupted to say hi (to her, of course :) ).

Almost forgot, we were able to go in the Red Bull hospitality which was amazing and provided some delicious food and drink as well as more close encounters with F1 royalty.
Last edited by JonMad on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

JonMad wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:40 pm Some driver (& one WAG) pics up on Instagram if you’re interested https://www.instagram.com/jonmad73/
Plus some more on twatter

Still can’t believe the access we had, through guest tickets of a friend who works for F1. It was cool enough getting waved through to the inner track area, then we got in the paddock, passing all the public waiting for autographs. Snapped the photos on Instagram mostly as the drivers cane into the paddock each morning. Also saw a few team bosses and all the ex-racer commentators. My mate Steve spotted us in the Sky coverage and I was just out of shot for some of the C4 and other Sky broadcasting. Also saw Nico doing German commentary and his paddock video diaries.

Made more amazing by getting onto the pit lane each day. Then getting a tour of the F1 technology centre where all the data goes and where they do the video and audio from. Then getting into the Williams garage one day. Then being at Vale/Club for a lot of the key incidents of the race. Then running out into the pit lane once the last car passed the pits to see Parc Ferme and the podium, the crowd all on the track, Lewis coming out and jumping into the crowd. Then seeing them set up and take the team photo and getting to hold the 1st Place trophy.
That sounds amazing, I was happy enough with general admission :lol: :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

What a great experience, Jon. The photos are awesome!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm What a great experience, Jon. The photos are awesome!
Absolutely this!
Banal Vapid Platitudes
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

And just before Hockenheim, name that gallery...
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

#stalker 😉
Cheers,

Ian
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Any particular reason the women are in colour?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

jamcg wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:17 pm Any particular reason the women are in colour?
racist.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Williams looking baffled as always...
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

jamcg wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:17 pm Any particular reason the women are in colour?
Art, innit.
Also I did sense it was a very male-dominated sport, watching everyone come in. So maybe highlighting that too.