My B-I-L

dinny_g

Re: My B-I-L

Post by dinny_g »

I don’t know how you do it Rev...

You’ve been through all the possibilities I’m sure so washing your hands is all you can do.

Look after your wife in all this and let the rest fall where it does... I wish you genuine good luck.

You have considered the Will situation in all this??
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It's not the will I worry about, it's how he reacts to it and how he'll try to take over things. For example, if he's renting the 2nd property, he simply wouldn't leave it to allow it to be sold, I don't think. And he'd still want half the main house.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Fucking ‘ell - nothing more can be said. :|

Feel free to vent here whenever you want and again, the very best of luck in everything...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:06 pm The M-I-L has been trying to rent out her 2nd property through a letting agent, but they repeatedly haven't been putting the advert up because the B-I-L told them he was having the place.
I imagine the letting agent will want their fee for him taking a tenancy as well :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

He doesn’t want to sign a contract because he already plans to take the complete piss. Do you think he knew his mum had that much cash sat around before she decided to buy somewhere?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:51 pm He doesn’t want to sign a contract because he already plans to take the complete piss. Do you think he knew his mum had that much cash sat around before she decided to buy somewhere?
Yeah, she's always had a bit stashed away.

I started to get a bit suspicious about how brazen he was being about stuff and I'm now certain that she's let him move in without a deposit and rent free for the first month but doesn't want MrsREV to know, or her own fella who lent her some money to buy the place so has a stake in it. She's been very evasive around doing anything about it etc.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:51 pm He doesn’t want to sign a contract because he already plans to take the complete piss. Do you think he knew his mum had that much cash sat around before she decided to buy somewhere?

I started to get a bit suspicious about how brazen he was being about stuff and I'm now certain that she's let him move in without a deposit and rent free for the first month but doesn't want MrsREV to know, or her own fella who lent her some money to buy the place so has a stake in it. She's been very evasive around doing anything about it etc.
"I've got this lovely bookshelf that would go with the place, get it looking better in pictures, can I borrow the keys and shuffle it in at the weekend"?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 pm

He’s got it sussed, he knows nothing will happen. Best thing is to try and ignore it completely before you end up lamping him.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Richard

Post by Richard »

Rev’s BIL is one of my very favourite forum characters