BMW F30 330d

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by mikeyb »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:53 amSorted 👍
Excellent :D
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

As the Exige has been sitting awaiting collection, it’s proven a dangerous period of downtime to have other little niggles fixed with the car too.

After spending entirely too long um-ing and ah-ing about the wheels, I’ve finally bitten the bullet and went for a satin anthracite finish. I did think about refurbing to the original diamond cut finish, but ultimately thought this might prove to be a largely fruitless task as they’ll invariably need doing again after not too long.

I’m hoping they’ll turn out something akin to this, except with a red calliper and a traditional colour Lotus roundel:

I am now suffering from an unreasonable amount of anxiety as to whether I’ve made the correct choice as a result.

:x
mik

Post by mik »

mikeyb wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:20 am Updates/New Additions

Monaro
Is sold. With various issues on an engine rebuild, I'd fallen out of love with it. I dearly miss having a V8 in my garage, but I would want to start with a clean slate and try something different. Looking back through my photos, I don't have a single picture of it from the last 18 months or so, which says a lot.
As you posted several updates, I missed this! I knew it was onky a matter of time when we last chatted about it.... onwards!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Maurice wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:45 pm As the Exige has been sitting awaiting collection, it’s proven a dangerous period of downtime to have other little niggles fixed with the car too.

After spending entirely too long um-ing and ah-ing about the wheels, I’ve finally bitten the bullet and went for a satin anthracite finish. I did think about refurbing to the original diamond cut finish, but ultimately thought this might prove to be a largely fruitless task as they’ll invariably need doing again after not too long.

I’m hoping they’ll turn out something akin to this, except with a red calliper and a traditional colour Lotus roundel:

I am now suffering from an unreasonable amount of anxiety as to whether I’ve made the correct choice as a result.

i always thought the diamond cut was too fussy (and even a bit cheap Korean looking) on the Exige - I like your choice.
mik

Post by mik »

As per Rich - they are going to look great. 8-)
scotta

Post by scotta »

Maurice wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:45 pm As the Exige has been sitting awaiting collection, it’s proven a dangerous period of downtime to have other little niggles fixed with the car too.

I was at Craig’s on Saturday buying a car and saw the beast. Craig said you were getting the wheels done. His guy did mine a few months ago and the came back spot on.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

They look better one colour, and as a bonus, because you're not having them cut again there will be enough meat on them for a diamond cut refurb in the future if you change your mind / for the resales / for the next owner.
Cheers, Harry
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Maurice wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:45 pm I am now suffering from an unreasonable amount of anxiety as to whether I’ve made the correct choice as a result.
As per Rich's comment, they'll look much better that standard, which did look a bit cheapo. Correct choice confirmed.
scotta wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:05 pm I was at Craig’s on Saturday buying a car
O RLY?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:36 pm
Maurice wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:45 pm I am now suffering from an unreasonable amount of anxiety as to whether I’ve made the correct choice as a result.
As per Rich's comment, they'll look much better that standard, which did look a bit cheapo. Correct choice confirmed.
scotta wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:05 pm I was at Craig’s on Saturday buying a car
O RLY?
Nothing exciting - 1.4 Polo for my brother to run to his work. He needed something cheap as his E91 320d was dying.

1 owner, 43k, FSH £1350
evostick

Post by evostick »

Land Rover failed it's test :(

Needs welding. Some bad bits on the dumb irons that I hadn't spotted.
mik

Post by mik »

Had to google that - have never heard chassis legs called that before.
evostick

Post by evostick »

mik wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:21 pm Had to google that - have never heard chassis legs called that before.
It's an odd term. Used in association with old shit heaps that use leaf springs for suspenders.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The service light on mine came on today so I’ve booked it in for the end of the month with the MOT too. I had a good look at the Twisted ones last week at Goodwood and am now getting many expensive ideas. Hopefully I’ll get over my urges come service time.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

At long last the Goodyear F1 Supersport have been released in 245/35 R18 for my M140i. I've ordered a pair from Mytyres so can proceed in killing the PS4's that are approaching end of life! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:51 pm The service light on mine came on today so I’ve booked it in for the end of the month with the MOT too. I had a good look at the Twisted ones last week at Goodwood and am now getting many expensive ideas. Hopefully I’ll get over my urges come service time.
Twisted is up by me and they do some nice stuff. Chap in our village had an LS engine version a while ago and it sounded awesome!! Seemed to go quite well too.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Coaster1 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:00 pm 996 air con blowing warm air.

Grrrrrrrr. :|
Sorted. Ice cold air con 8-)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

McSwede wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Mito Man wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:51 pm The service light on mine came on today so I’ve booked it in for the end of the month with the MOT too. I had a good look at the Twisted ones last week at Goodwood and am now getting many expensive ideas. Hopefully I’ll get over my urges come service time.
Twisted is up by me and they do some nice stuff. Chap in our village had an LS engine version a while ago and it sounded awesome!! Seemed to go quite well too.
Yeah I really want a LS swap but I reckon in 5 years time you can pick up a next generation used Defender V8 for the price of a conversion on an old one so I’m no longer as interested as I used to be.
How about not having a sig at all?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

mikeyb wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:20 am Updates/New Additions
Good updates Mikey 👍
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Getting old and boring I've been purposely driving sensibly to see what sort of mpg I can get out of the mito.

Over the last couple of weeks / 550 miles I've average 37mph and 39mpg, which is a little dissapointing tbh for a small 1.4 hatchback.

Lack of 6th gear seems to hurt it on a run. Bimbling along at 40-50 mph it sits at 60-70mpg. Cruising at 70 it's about 44.

:|
Cheers, Harry