My B-I-L

NotoriousREV

My B-I-L

Post by NotoriousREV »

*sigh*

So, as you may remember, my B-I-L is an "interesting character" but lately he's hitting new heights with his utter cuntery. Remember, he's a fully grown adult male in his late 40s, with a child.

My mother-in-law lives in Greece most of the year, something she started doing about 2 years ago to avoid the British winter. This means that her house sits empty most of the time. We've tried to persuade her to rent it out to provide some income, but she's not keen on giving up her home even if she's not using it. However, she has bought another property nearby for cash in order to collect the rental income from that.

The B-I-L has recently acquired a girlfriend for the first time in years. We've never met her, because the he isn't talking to MrsREV because she wouldn't let him tag along on our anniversary night out (meal and a U2 concert). The girlfriend is from a different part of the country, but has moved up to be with the B-I-L. He owns his own place but he has a female lodger, who doesn't get along with the girlfriend, so they were looking for somewhere else to live (although why they couldn't just ask the lodger to move out, we'll never know).

He asks his mum if they can have the keys to the rental property to take a look to see if it's suitable for the girlfriend, which she agrees to. So he now has keys to both of her properties. A few weeks later, M-I-L comes home for a while to see family etc. and when she gets to her house, it's obvious that him and his girlfriend have been living in her house and not treating it well. For example, the power had been off at some point and they'd left all the spoiled food in the freezer. It took MrsREV a few hours to clean it out and get rid of the smell. The M-I-L also had comments from neighbours about all the lights been on in her house 24/7 and that they wouldn't want her electricity bill. Her car was parked on the drive, unlocked, with the drivers window down and the keys in the ignition because he'd been in the front garden and was listening to the radio and just forgotten about it.

So where were they now M-I-L was back for a while? It turned out they just decamped to the rental place instead of going back to his. He said they wanted to rent it, but with no contract or going through the letting agent. We told her to say no because he just won't pay rent, and he wanted to pay below market rate. Anyway, without resolving all this, the M-I-L goes back to Greece and he instantly moves back into her house (without her permission).

Fast forward to last weekend. The M-I-L is out at a party on Sunday evening and starts to get a load of phone calls from various numbers from her local UK area code. Normally she ignores numbers she doesn't recognise, but after getting 5 or 6 calls she decided she'd better answer. It was a woman she didn't know who said to her "Your dog is in some considerable distress, barking, howling and whimpering, you need to come home and sort it out", to which the M-I-L responded "I don't have a dog, what are you talking about?". Turns out the girlfriend has a dog. B-I-L and girlfriend had gone to Glastonbury for the weekend, leaving the dog in the house for 5 days. I'm sure you can imagine the state of the place after housing a dog for 5 days. They'd left all the internal doors open so it had free run of the house. Supposedly a mate of theirs was coming once per day to walk it/feed it etc. but one of the neighbours reckoned they'd only seen him come a couple of times and he only stayed for 5 mins each time.

The M-I-L got another neighbour, who has a spare key, to rescue the dog and assess the place. Basically, there's piss and shit everywhere, as you'd expect. The 2 morons picked the dog up on Monday, but she hasn't been able to speak to him yet. As of Wednesday, he'd agreed to clean the place up, but it's obvious that they got back on Monday, saw the state of the place and just moved out without cleaning anything up at all.

I'm finding it very hard not to run him over in my car right now.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
scotta

Re: My B-I-L

Post by scotta »

Sounds like a lovely man. Also he's dodged a very nasty bullet from the RSPCA and the police for leaving a dog unattended for 5 days. Good job they phoned your M-I-L rather than the police.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Ffffffuuuuuck.... though wtf did she expect giving this clown keys?!!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

He sounds like a cunt, put him in a bag and throw him in a canal.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:41 am Ffffffuuuuuck.... though wtf did she expect giving this clown keys?!!
She won't fucking listen. "How can I say no to my son?". Yeah, saying no to him a few times in his life might have meant he didn't turn out to be a complete fuck up.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
scotta

Post by scotta »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:43 am
Rich B wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:41 am Ffffffuuuuuck.... though wtf did she expect giving this clown keys?!!
She won't fucking listen. "How can I say no to my son?". Yeah, saying no to him a few times in his life might have meant he didn't turn out to be a complete fuck up.
Somewhere along the lines of...Er no you have your own flat to live in..
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Arseholes like that are expert at manipulating family, it's how they get by.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Annoyingly, MrsREV was going to go round and inspect both properties that weekend because she knew he was going to Glasto, and she's generally pissed off that he's helped himself to both properties rent free) but didn't in the end as we had a few things going on. If we'd have found the house like that, we'd have called the RSPCA and changed the locks.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

Wow. Sorry, I agree with Zed. Poor dog, poor family.

Make him disappear. I know he's technically your relation but he's obviously no benefit to society at large. Just send him out to Syria as target practice.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
tim

Post by tim »

Some people are just spectacular cunts, commiserations.

At an opportune moment, I think I would be staging an intervention and changing the locks, come what may.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

tim wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:58 am Some people are just spectacular cunts, commiserations.

At an opportune moment, I think I would be staging an intervention and changing the locks, come what may.
We're awaiting said opportunity.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ste

Post by ste »

What a wanker.

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:27 am he isn't talking to MrsREV because she wouldn't let him tag along on our anniversary night out (meal and a U2 concert).
Could you not have just made him go to the U2 concert so you didn't have to? Possibly a bit of a severe punishment for his cuntery but tough justice may be the shock he needs.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ste wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:02 am What a wanker.

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:27 am he isn't talking to MrsREV because she wouldn't let him tag along on our anniversary night out (meal and a U2 concert).
Could you not have just made him go to the U2 concert so you didn't have to? Possibly a bit of a severe punishment for his cuntery but tough justice may be the shock he needs.
The best but is that he's told everyone he only wanted a lift into Manchester with us but we refused. Mainly because a) I was working in Manchester so wasn't driving in and b) MrsREV was getting the train in so couldn't give him a lift either. U2 were pretty good.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

What.a.cunt.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Wow! What a total and utter bellend. How you have not punched his face into the ground I do not know! (I assume MrsRev and MIL would possibly be a bit sad)
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’d take the dog, punch the BIL in the throat and slap the girlfriends perm off of her.

This requires instant action with no talking to them at all, they lost that right.

Dave!
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Marv wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:55 amWhat.a.cunt.
Yep, this :twisted:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Sounds like a TAUC. Extreme pain may be the best punishment for him.
Mike1215

Post by Mike1215 »

ste wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:02 am
Yeah, that would’ve been Even better than the real thing....
mik

Post by mik »

He could have, but the BIL is a keen churchgoer and the gig was on Sunday. Bloody Sunday!
Evening.