Camera vans on motorway bridges

Broccers

Camera vans on motorway bridges

Post by Broccers »

I know we shouldnt speed etc and these are there for 'safety' but the positioning of some them at month end just screams revenue collecting.

Whats the chances of going under one doing 83ish and getting away with it ? :D :roll:
Carlos

Re: Camera vans on motorway bridges

Post by Carlos »

Strong. You're probably only doing a 75/76.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Weak - I was done for 82 on the M40 and 80 on a DC near Portsmouth. And my indicated speed wasn't much higher in both instances.

Sorry mate...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I got done doing 83 once and nearly cried as its so not going fast.

At least if you are clicked doing 95+ you are getting some value out of it :lol: :lol:

Golfs speedo is fairly accurate unfortunately :evil:
mik

Post by mik »

Check your speedo accuracy *on your nearest runway.

I got done years back for 84mph, but I had been sitting close to an indicated 90 for most of the stretch I'd been on. Fair cop guvnor etc etc.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I've been caught at 97 twice with cruise set at that speed, once in our ds3 and lastly in the red golf I had before this. Second time let off but the point is the modern day speedo is not far away from reality.

Getting fined for low 80s tho is criminal if your car is capable of doing 155+, surely it can perform well enough to stop / get out of trouble. :lol:
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yeah sounds like you could use that one in court mate :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I've been through the scenarios in case I do get a letter. If vwfs dont get my fine in 14 days its invalid.... don't need to pay Nick Freeman for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do suspect I'm going to get a ticket tho as the country is on its knees so lets punish the motorist some more.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Well - sort of. I don't think enforcing penalties for breaking the actual law should be viewed as being punished :D
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hope you flipped the bird as you went past :mrgreen:
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I'll be honest here I didnt even slow down as I was 'going slowly'. Even the speed limiter in the passenger seat was like I'm sure you'll be fine.

But thats not the country I live in now. There is no leeway, everything is right of wrong no matter the extent of the misdemeanor.

I'll update this if I see the ticket. :D
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:16 pm But thats not the country I live in now. There is no leeway, everything is right of wrong no matter the extent of the misdemeanor.
So you haven’t even got a ticket yet, you got let off on the last one going 97 and you’ve already decided that this is your opinion? 😂
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers is starting to sound like a bot that generates comments for Daily Mail articles.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Here we go the haters are out :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:16 pm But thats not the country I live in now. There is no leeway, everything is right of wrong no matter the extent of the misdemeanor.
So you haven’t even got a ticket yet, you got let off on the last one going 97 and you’ve already decided that this is your opinion? 😂
Unmarked car - not the same as speed van - hope you now understand Richard :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:27 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm
Unmarked car - not the same as speed van - hope you now understand Richard :lol:
why don’t you wait til you get a ticket, then whine about it if you think it’s unjust?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:35 pm
Broccers wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:27 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm So you haven’t even got a ticket yet, you got let off on the last one going 97 and you’ve already decided that this is your opinion? 😂
why don’t you wait til you get a ticket, then whine about it if you think it’s unjust?
Ok fella I'll do just that and not gauge opinions from fellow motorists. :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I got speed awareness courses both times.

3 Hours and 58 minutes about Speeding in 30 MPH zones and 2 minutes about speeding on the Motorway. (and about half that was taking about Fog). I'm not altogether sure the crime and the punishment are joined up here... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

There’s an old couple who have a laser speed reader which displays the car speed on a sign sort of like those road signs you see which show you your exact speed. They set this kit up on most days where the weather is fair on the road leading to the village where my parents live and note down every car which speeds. Whenever we see them we mash the accelerator just to really rile them up and that little stretch of road is now used as an impromptu drag strip by many people just to see who can hit the highest speed :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm I got speed awareness courses both times.

3 Hours and 58 minutes about Speeding in 30 MPH zones and 2 minutes about speeding on the Motorway. (and about half that was taking about Fog). I'm not altogether sure the crime and the punishment are joined up here... :lol:
I've not been to one of these yet :D Sounds mega :o