Proms

mr_jon

Re: Proms

Post by mr_jon »

/boys /obvious joke.

Referring to the original post, primary or secondary? I think a post gcse blow out is fine, otherwise it's just a school disco.
evostick

Post by evostick »

It's post gcse and yes I agree a good blow out is well deserved. I just struggle to relate to all the fuss/expense is all :lol:

tbh I think I got away lightly from what I've heard. She has classmates who's parents forked out upwards of a grand for an outfit for one night. Each to their own but I strongly suspect that such ostentation lavished on kids that are supposed to be having a good time can only really detract from proceedings.

Getting a bit drunk and copping off is all that's required surely?.

Currently awaiting the end of the event before transportation is again required to another venue for the afterparty ffs :)
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

It was called the Formal for us. Being as cool as I was, I didn't have a date so sat at the table where all the other guys with no dates. After the meal I drank my bottle of WKD too quickly, went outside to vomit in a bush, then got my mum to collect me shortly after 10pm.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Too cool for school, Pete. I'm sure all the studs here had them lining up. In their heads, of course. Now when I look back at all my rookie mistakes I just smile ruefully!
evostick

Post by evostick »

mr_jon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:48 pm Too cool for school, Pete. I'm sure all the studs here had them lining up. In their heads, of course. Now when I look back at all my rookie mistakes I just smile ruefully!
I didn't get invited to the end of school disco :(

I did however briefly manage to blag my way into the six form somehow and about two months into being there, I was invited to a six form party :)

It was the first time I got proper stoned when already pissed.

Because of my behaviour at that party I was then asked to leave the sixth form :(
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

An end of 6th form prom/ball/event is perfectly acceptable on the basis that people go their separate ways after that so it's a final hurrah in some way. This other shite, sounds like shite.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

My main memory from my end of school do was that since the entire population of the school year had been drinking hard in the pubs and clubs of the local town for one or two years already, there was little that happened there that was new or exciting.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

At mine I was dressed up as a Dame Edna cleaning lady in army boots and for some strange reason didn’t get a dance with Vicky Ewan the prettiest girl in the school.

Maxwell had a graduation from Nursery which I thought was ridiculous but it turned out to be a nice way to end it for him. Was really nice seeing them sing and collect their diplomas :oops:

Dave!
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

evostick wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 pm Just so we're clear: antisemitism, racism, and bigotry isn't funny. Never has been, never will be.

Your sad trolling for outrage is pitiful.
God bless you Alex.
Though other deities are acceptable. ;)
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 pm Just so we're clear: antisemitism, racism, and bigotry isn't funny. Never has been, never will be.

Your sad trolling for outrage is pitiful.
Agreed.

Not. Fucking. On. :evil:
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
evostick

Post by evostick »

Well she had a lovely time anyway.

A bottle of Malibu was consumed and she's not really been drunk before so feeling a little fragile today :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I enjoyed the post GCSE one I had... how many fucking years ago now :shock: And so did everyone else. About as far as it went on the posh scale was groups of friends hiring a limousine and everyone did that, it was a level playing field and nothing expensive. We got a ride out in the limo, had a disco where people turned up to have a good time, then an after party. The typical school year nobheads didn’t show up so it was quite a sociable event. The rest of the summer was spent meeting up at peoples houses for beer or going out on bikes and just generally enjoying life before everyone fucked off away to college.

Never had an end of sixth form or college one.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace