RR Cullinan

JLv3.0

Re: RR Cullinan

Post by JLv3.0 »

This presenting chap is very knowledgeable and seems to be a top chap! Is he new?!! 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

I think he is the technical director for one of the F1 teams. Or NASA.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Even with the sound off all you can see is his hyperextended tongue darting in and out between his teeth like a Gene Simmons tribute act engaging in televised cunnilingus.
mik

Post by mik »

As a side question - what utter b4stard created the word "lisp" - when sufferers can't pronounce it? :?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm Even with the sound off all you can see is his hyperextended tongue darting in and out between his teeth like a Gene Simmons tribute act engaging in televised cunnilingus.
Even before clicking on the video, I get that image from the still :(

ETA: Mik, it was Jonathan Ross's parents.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:50 pm
GG. wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm Even with the sound off all you can see is his hyperextended tongue darting in and out between his teeth like a Gene Simmons tribute act engaging in televised cunnilingus.
Even before clicking on the video, I get that image from the still :(

ETA: Mik, it was Jonathan Ross's parents.
When Jonathan Ross says “wrong”, is it the w or the r that’s silent? 🤔
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

mik wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:49 pm As a side question - what utter b4stard created the word "lisp" - when sufferers can't pronounce it? :?
I think, in this particular case, we are the ones suffering.
mik

Post by mik »

I was commenting to Ross recently that his Shmeeee description dissapeared into the ether with the loss of the forum. It probably needs resurrecting on this site at some point. (Along with the Nick Cage one) :)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

'lispy hard-on', wasn't it :lol:

And the wonderful, timeless 'pensive retard' for Cage.

Ross FTMFW 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

I believe it was "nursing a lispy hard-on". Which is even betterer. :)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

That's the one Michael :lol: - seriously Ross has had me in tears of laughter at various times.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Aww shucks, you guys.

I quite like the Cullinan - clearly it’s massively ostentatious but then so is a Phantom and it’s nowhere near as a tacky as the Urus.

It does look like it’s incredibly colour sensitive, however. Black is a no-no for fear of the aforementioned taxi resemblance, but perhaps a lovely shade of doom blue would look good.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Alex_ wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:56 pm I've seen a few Bentaygas now and they look decent. Part of me wants one.
I think the same. Everyone was being sick when they saw those first

It’ll be the same with the Cullinan

I’m interested in seeing how well the cope off road. The videos they’ve shot suggest they’ll be able to do the business over and above what people will use it for (muddy fields, maybe some sand, snow)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Richard wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:21 pmI’m interested in seeing how well the cope off road. The videos they’ve shot suggest they’ll be able to do the business over and above what people will use it for (muddy fields, maybe some sand, snow)
Why?

There’ll be plenty seeing sand, but I doubt many will ever even live outside, let alone see mud.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

That is nowhere near as hateful as the Bentayga. Just a terrible side profile shot in raised mode.

Of course JL is correct as well, in that the wheels should remain central to the arches horizontally. For a manufacturer that obsessed with self-levelling RR logos in the wheels, this should be a formality.
mik

Post by mik »

Depends on the suspension of course - i have no idea what it actually has, but if it uses trailing arms at the rear for example you will struggle to do keep the wheel centred when you raise it up - unless you move the pivot point too.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 pm Depends on the suspension of course - i have no idea what it actually has, but if it uses trailing arms at the rear for example you will struggle to do keep the wheel centred when you raise it up - unless you move the pivot point too.
RR of old would have done whatever it took to ensure perfection. This is just slapdash. They’ll be raiding the parts bin for prominent switchgear next.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Rich B wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:28 pm
Richard wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:21 pmI’m interested in seeing how well the cope off road. The videos they’ve shot suggest they’ll be able to do the business over and above what people will use it for (muddy fields, maybe some sand, snow)
Why?

There’ll be plenty seeing sand, but I doubt many will ever even live outside, let alone see mud.

Turn the sound off to avoid the horrible voiceover.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:21 pm
mik wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 pm Depends on the suspension of course - i have no idea what it actually has, but if it uses trailing arms at the rear for example you will struggle to do keep the wheel centred when you raise it up - unless you move the pivot point too.
RR of old would have done whatever it took to ensure perfection. This is just slapdash. They’ll be raiding the parts bin for prominent switchgear next.
This
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Reserving judgement until I see one on the road. Although would at least agree that it looks better lowered, not raised. That’s true of all road cars IMHO.