Your fleet running reports

Mito Man

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Mito Man »

Simon wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 am
Or, it's a 2d cross section of a 3d vehicle; ie: the back of that seat is curved and the rear sit passengers legs rest towards the outer edge of the seat-back.
Squatting position :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:05 pm
JonMad wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:05 pm Result!

Bought a set of used slicks to try out on the Fabia on a track day (given it's caged with harnesses and all).
£12.39 for 4. Will cost a touch more in fuel to collect them, then there's fitting, but still, not bad.
£12.39 :lol:
Well, I picked my slicks up. £29 in fuel in the Megane to get them, so overall still cheap. The A303 had a section closed so Waze took me on some awesome cross country route, lovely in the sunset last night. Massive range anxiety on the way home though, I went for about 25 miles with the fuel range having dropped from 40 to '--', the way is really unhelpfully does just when you actually need it (what a stupid design that is), and the needle at the bottom of the red, as I eased my way back along the same country lanes I was tearing along earlier in the other direction.

Seller used the tyres on a Ford Fiesta that he used to race. Said he had the class course record at Castle Combe 8-)
Left over crest; tightens.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

JonMad wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:24 pm The A303...
Was it someone called Rob, near Andover, who also had a load of Scooby bits ? If so, that's the same guy I got my gravel tyres from !
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

mik wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:21 am I have had + mrs mik + mrs mik's friend + mrs mik's friend's 14yr old daughter in the Evora simultaneously at the same time.
:shock: :o I'm not sure if I'm disgusted or impressed.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
GG.

Post by GG. »

Apparently it barely fit and everyone was very uncomfortable snarf snarf :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:14 pm
JonMad wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:24 pm The A303...
Was it someone called Rob, near Andover, who also had a load of Scooby bits ? If so, that's the same guy I got my gravel tyres from !
Don't know his name. Was in Semley, nr Shaftesbury.
Left over crest; tightens.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Simon wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 am Crikey you lot. OMG the front wheel will hit the drivers foot! And he'll have the steering wheel impaled on this leg!

Or, it's a 2d cross section of a 3d vehicle; ie: the back of that seat is curved and the rear sit passengers legs rest towards the outer edge of the seat-back.
Try sitting in the back of an Evora and report back :lol:

TBH that's not the actual problem in the Evora - the real issue is that unless you're 5ft tall or less, you need to become a hunchback or just chop your own head off.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:22 pm
mik wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:21 am I have had + mrs mik + mrs mik's friend + mrs mik's friend's 14yr old daughter in the Evora simultaneously at the same time.
:shock: :o I'm not sure if I'm disgusted or impressed.
Glad someone else read it that way!... 🙏 for Mik, or is that ✋ from Borat!? 😂
Cheers,

Ian
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

X5 - I’m looking to put a tow bar on it. I wanted one fully connected and auto-retracting - the price is shocking. Anyone know of somewhere that does this, please let me know. I’m currently looking at one of those detachable tow-bars, but really, I want the one that auto-retracts.

Reason for this is I’m looking to buy a boat - something like a Finnmaster T8 comes in at 2200kg plus engine and shit = ~3T, and I can trailer it where I want. 😎

So, obviously the first thing I’ve done is ask DMS about their max power ecu upgrade to help move it along - http://dmsautomotive.com/upgrades/bmw-x5-50d-f15/ - they’ve been quite blasé about the whole thing, so if anyone wants to recommend somewhere else....

M4 - took it away last month and did nearly 1500 miles around the south of England in it. Impressions - it is the first BMW I’ve owned that drives best in Sport Plus mode on suspension. It also has some sort of anti-lag that keeps the engine ready to go “max power” and this makes it pop and bang and gurgle far better than the M5 ever did. (Rooflessness may be a factor here). It works in far lower temps than the M5 did aswell (tyre magic, I assume) and I trust it more to deal with a heavy right-foot than the M5 (or F430 tbh). Basically, I can be a hooligan and even with trac-off, it still communicates what it’s doing really well. Like it far more now than I did initially.

F430 - corner, 80mph, crest and muddy road led to an rear off-road-in-the-gravel-and-soil. 😳 Unfortunately, I was in Race mode, so it left me to sort it out. (-ish; CST probably saved me tbh). Double-unfortunately, my son was in the car so I felt pretty guilty afterwards. All remained on the road (sorry, I mean track) eventually and a “nice save” from my son was probably very accurate. 😬

I told my son, “what you save I’ll double” for his first car purchase. Fucker saved over £2.5k! 🤔😂 I think I’m getting him into an Up, and away from Corsas, although I want to try a Fiesta before commiting. Yes, it’s his car, but putting me on the insurance reduces the premium... I’ve also pointed out we can change stuff on it and have been looking at different wheels tonight on eBay! 😎 I’ve agreed to go halves for the foreseeable, but insurance is his to pay. Got it to £1k fully comp (cheaper than 3rd party), so not too bad. 🤨
Cheers,

Ian
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Forget the UP, all the cool kids get a Citigo.

Dave!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

IanF wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:02 pm X5 - I’m looking to put a tow bar on it. I wanted one fully connected and auto-retracting - the price is shocking.
As big SUV Puller, does it matter that you have a visible towbar ?

A neat branded swan neck would be sub £500.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Went for a spin in this after filling it with fuel (as usual :lol: ) and its still a good grin.

I'm not so keen on the torque steer and usual fwd traits when pressing on but it's a great little car.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Man who owns a Ferrari & two nearly-new BMWs and is about to buy a £100k boat complains that a tow bar is expensive.

I'm struggling to feel very sympathetic here ;)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Trips to and from Manchester and Leeds. The Boxster eats up the motorway quite pleasingly, although obviously the highlight was the West Yorkshire tops around Sowerby Bridge.

Highlight of Manchester was an inexplicably polished parquet floor in an underground carpark :lol:
ste

Post by ste »

IanF wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:02 pm X5 - I’m looking to put a tow bar on it. I wanted one fully connected and auto-retracting - the price is shocking. Anyone know of somewhere that does this, please let me know. I’m currently looking at one of those detachable tow-bars, but really, I want the one that auto-retracts.
I wouldn't have an aftermarket one that doesn't integrate properly into the factory electronics. The properly integrated one is ace, it adjusts all of the driving modes and the stability control etc when you're towing, plus it works with the reverse camera to stick a crosshair over the trailer hitch and guide you to reverse right onto it.

I've used one with an aftermarket one and it was shit, the PDC going crazy etc as it thought you constantly had something behind you.
mik

Post by mik »

Boat looks 8-)

Most importantly - how big an outboard will you be fitting?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

scotta wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 am Image
Inspired by yours and Nef’s:

:D
scotta

Post by scotta »

Coaster1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:23 pm
scotta wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 am Image
Inspired by yours and Nef’s:

:D
More stickers is betterer!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

IanF wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:02 pm

I told my son, “what you save I’ll double” for his first car purchase. Fucker saved over £2.5k! 🤔😂 I think I’m getting him into an Up, and away from Corsas, although I want to try a Fiesta before commiting. Yes, it’s his car, but putting me on the insurance reduces the premium... I’ve also pointed out we can change stuff on it and have been looking at different wheels tonight on eBay! 😎 I’ve agreed to go halves for the foreseeable, but insurance is his to pay. Got it to £1k fully comp (cheaper than 3rd party), so not too bad. 🤨
I know it's normal to reccomend your own car, but if he's looking at corsas has he considered a mito?

Same underneath but the more interesting interior and frameless doors make it feel more premium. Mine feels every bit as solid and well put together as my stepdaughters polo, but far less boring.

They're usually cheaper to insure than fiestas and corsas because they have an eccelent safety rating and don't seem to be crashed by as many 18 year olds.

Although I suppose insurance will probably rule out one with a more interesting engine.
Cheers, Harry