Goodwood FOS

GG.

Goodwood FOS

Post by GG. »

Just booked tickets - anyone else planning on going this year?

Saturday is already sold out so if you want Sunday tickets I wouldn't hang around.

First one I went to commemorated the 40th anniversary of the 917. This year is its 50th anniversary :shock:
integrale_evo

Re: Goodwood FOS

Post by integrale_evo »

Thought Sunday would have sold out first, always used to be the main event day.

I've not been since 2001 😂
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The shootout is on Sunday but Saturday always sells out first, then Sunday and you can usually get tickets for Friday up to the week before. Haven’t been there on weekends for 5 years probably as it’s too busy unless you’re dedicated enough to get there early enough view everything by noon before it gets rammed.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

I'll be going with a three year old in tow this year so plan is to get there early in any event. Hopefully he'll last until the conclusion of the shootout but may have to bail before then.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

You usually don't get to see a few of the cars on Sunday because they've been stacked into the bales on Friday and Saturday :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yes I think there was at least one casualty last time we went!
Richard

Post by Richard »

I’m always a bit annoyed at the price. Especially if you want grandstand tickets to actually watch the racing
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Richard wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:02 pm I’m always a bit annoyed at the price. Especially if you want grandstand tickets to actually watch the racing
It's not exactly racing, the cars only go up one after another and rarely are any going flat out. Grandstand seats are fairly pointless but there have always been free grandstands if you want a slightly elevated view anyway.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Agree - I don't really view it as a necessity. I was tempted to upgrade until I realised that I would also have to get a grandstand ticket for my three year old, rather than him going free. I can see that that makes sense though as he would take up an available seat.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I always hang around where they start from (near where you cross over to the aircraft side). Emergency starts are the best but imho. Free stands there.
Cheers,

Ian
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Richard wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:02 pm I’m always a bit annoyed at the price.
It keeps the riff-raff to a minimum, and it works.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Molecomb is probably the most exciting corner and you get a good view from the stands. The grandstands opposite the house are good too as it’s where all the in between entertainment happens. If you’re just standing around I’ve found you can get a good view standing in front of the house in front of the ‘feature’ - it’s more quiet on that side, more spacious and the bend of the road means you can see more. Plus all the exciting cars are on that side.

Not sure the ticket prices keep the less desirable people out. It’s definitely a cunt magnet of sorts and seems to attract the most horrible fake posers you can find this side of Monaco.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

The top of the hill is also a good spot. Can usually squeeze to the front and often drivers will provide a bit of entertainment in the area beyond the finish line.

Obvs requires a bit of a walk though.

We thought about going this year but not sure at 3 ours is yet ready. Might take him to the Oulton Park Gold Cup to see how he reacts. He's at the "doesn't like noisy things" stage at the moment - apart from his own voice of course...
GG.

Post by GG. »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:45 pm We thought about going this year but not sure at 3 ours is yet ready. Might take him to the Oulton Park Gold Cup to see how he reacts. He's at the "doesn't like noisy things" stage at the moment - apart from his own voice of course...
Same for ours but I thought we'd take the gamble as he's pretty interested in cars. He has a set of kiddie ear defenders which we'll take. He doesn't like wearing them but will probably cave in faced with unsilenced race engines :lol:

He sat watching the entire 2018 shootout on youtube without getting bored so looks like he'll be interested. My dad and younger sister are coming with me so worst case scenario we'll have to take turns sitting with him a bit further away from the track.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Goodwood Festival of Brexit? Can really feel the decline in car sales here as most manufacturers have smaller stands this year (ironically the British brands have retained their old large stands) and no longer hand out freebies. Still good but it feels smaller this year with fewer manufacturers.
On the plus side it’s probably been the quietest Thursday in the last 5 years, hopefully it’s the same tomorrow.
My head still hurts as I decided to stand by the Toyota F1 car as it was being started and warmed up.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Seen the shmee video on his way there? Actually feel quite sorry for him
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Is it me, or is there not much media buzz for this anymore ?

I went last year and felt it deserved more coverage.
Real-life Females
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Media buzz is usually from new car launches and theres not been much of note I guess. Saw a new Mclaren which was so so. I don’t know why manufacturers are now doing prototype launches - who gives a crap that you’ve just put a heavily camouflaged car on public display, locked the doors, tinted the windows and hidden the interior under a dark sheet.
Mini made you lock your phone away to go look at their one in a little room :roll:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:07 pm Seen the shmee video on his way there? Actually feel quite sorry for him
Are you talking about his Senna being hit by a truck? Bad luck, but don't sit in the fucking blind spot of a truck :roll:

The wrap on his G63 is absolutely hideous too. It looked great in all black, but the mismatch of the bumper colour to the bodywork on the wrap is abysmal.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve seen an ad that you can meet him here, just wondering if it’s worth the hassle to give him a good smack in the face :lol: