RR Cullinan

GG.

RR Cullinan

Post by GG. »

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/2018 ... n-revealed

Seriously - why don't they just leave this stuff to Range Rover? It looks like an even fatter version of the horrid new EV London taxi.
Foz

Re: RR Cullinan

Post by Foz »

It's awful isn't it!
mik

Post by mik »

Wow. :o

Properly awful :|
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Cue the predictable Allegro Vanden Plas pic from me. Horrible.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I think "not a looker" is the phrase.

The wheels look the size of smarties and the glasshouse / metal ratio looks all wrong.

If Rev likes it as much as he does the Bentayga we'll know its objectively hideous ;)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Is that the best they could do in terms of getting the wheels centred in the arches? I hate it even more now.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Truly horrid.
M235i
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I haven't seen a photo with it in raised mode until now. The wheels and arches don't look so awful normally. Better than the Bentayga, in a class of ugliness (I don't consider it an Range Rover competitor because if you want one, you'll get a Range Rover and not even consider this footballer tat).

Amazing how they've overcome the lack of a split tailgate by having the fold-out seats. Wouldn't it just be easier to have a split tailgate?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

On a local chat we decided the seats are for the Arab market, so they can sit there and "supervise" the three maids and twelves nannies look after their one fat spoiled child on trips to the beach, while they sit on the seats, never once putting their phones down.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm I think "not a looker" is the phrase.

The wheels look the size of smarties and the glasshouse / metal ratio looks all wrong.

If Rev likes it as much as he does the Bentayga we'll know its objectively hideous ;)
I think this is hideous. It has exactly no redeeming features. Makes the Bentayga look even more beautiful.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep it actually makes the Bentayga look decent. Who the fvck would choose this over the regular Phantom?
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Rather than being a mere high-bodied luxury car, Cullinan is a full-capability off-roader “able to do whatever a Range Rover can do”

I do wish the manufacturers would have the stones to not bother with all the 4x4 nonsense. Just say look it's a big comfy expensive car, if you want an off-roader, go buy one as well.

Not that I'm a massive fan of them but Toyota made a 2WD Sequoia and Ford make a 2WD F150, so why all this pretence? No-one's going off-road in a 250k quid Rolls. Ditch the hardware.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:40 pm I haven't seen a photo with it in raised mode until now. The wheels and arches don't look so awful normally. Better than the Bentayga, in a class of ugliness (I don't consider it an Range Rover competitor because if you want one, you'll get a Range Rover and not even consider this footballer tat).

Amazing how they've overcome the lack of a split tailgate by having the fold-out seats. Wouldn't it just be easier to have a split tailgate?
The Autocar article noted the following:

"There’s a split tailgate that opens both upwards and downwards to provide both shelter on rainy days and a low loading lip".

Though it was peppered with a liberal sprinkling of typos so who knows if that's actually right...
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:03 pm
GG. wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:11 pm
I think this is hideous. It has exactly no redeeming features. Makes the Bentayga look even more beautiful.
I just don't know what to think now... :?
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

I've seen a few Bentaygas now and they look decent. Part of me wants one.
M235i
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Alex_ wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:56 pm I've seen a few Bentaygas now and they look decent. Part of me wants one.
Wife would love a Bentayga. I like them, but there are plenty of other things on the list before I’d spend that much on an SUV!

The Rolls is very disappointing, but I guess UK taste is a very small consideration compared to how it goes down in Asia and the Middle East.
Cheers,

Ian
GG.

Post by GG. »

Alex_ wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:56 pm I've seen a few Bentaygas now and they look decent. Part of me wants one.
Which part? If its not important I would cut it off before the rot spreads.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

GG. wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 pm
Which part? If its not important I would cut it off before the rot spreads.
:lol:
John

Post by John »

Ssangyong designer wrote: That is perfect 8-)

mik

Post by mik »

They have also Mis-spelt Canyonero.