Your fleet running reports

DeskJockey

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by DeskJockey »

Speaking of wheels, I managed to put a small scratch on the O/S front. Rather annoyed about that. Response from her indoors was "glad it was you, not me".

First scratch since I had them refurbished.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

evostick wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:34 pm
evostick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 pm Subaru is going back to the dealer with suspected HGF.

People warned me that the 2.5l petrol was no good.

I should've listened. At least it's still under warranty. Think I'll get shot when it's fixed.
The subaru dealer have admitted it's HGF. Today they rang up claiming that warranty co. (RAC branded outfit), were insisting that we foot the bill to have the engine out prior to them upholding, or otherwise, the warranty claim. i.e Can we have £2k up front please?.

A quick call to the warranty co. confirms this is utter bullshit and they'd only asked to see a vid of the bubbles in the coolant reservoir :roll:
Appears to be a random occurrence in the 2.5, some go some don't, much like ringlands although I suspect that has more to do with monkeys modding on a shoestring. The 3.0 h6 is supposedly very dependable.

Carl
Beany

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:20 pm It’s a single cost unless your existing wheels are particularly bad.

Mine would be £450, yours would be about £300.
Honestly, given the pain in the arse of finding refurbed wheels, getting tyres swapped, balanced, and getting shot of the old ones and all that (or just getting your own wheels refurbed) that's not bad at all.
evostick

Post by evostick »

drcarlos wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:32 pm
evostick wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:34 pm
evostick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 pm Subaru is going back to the dealer with suspected HGF.

People warned me that the 2.5l petrol was no good.

I should've listened. At least it's still under warranty. Think I'll get shot when it's fixed.
The subaru dealer have admitted it's HGF. Today they rang up claiming that warranty co. (RAC branded outfit), were insisting that we foot the bill to have the engine out prior to them upholding, or otherwise, the warranty claim. i.e Can we have £2k up front please?.

A quick call to the warranty co. confirms this is utter bullshit and they'd only asked to see a vid of the bubbles in the coolant reservoir :roll:
Appears to be a random occurrence in the 2.5, some go some don't, much like ringlands although I suspect that has more to do with monkeys modding on a shoestring. The 3.0 h6 is supposedly very dependable.

Carl
A very frequent random occurrence it would seem :lol:

My 3.0 H6 did it's HG at 100k miles too.

I'll not have another.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

2019 TT RS passenger review.

A friend has one on loan for the weekend from Audi, neither of us working today so went for a short blast. Fucking quick and sounds nice (not sure if the noise is artificial or not), also goes round corners quickly as you’d expect. It has a quality feel inside, rear seats are useless.

For £55k I’d be buying something a year or two old with a bit more badge but I can’t deny it’s a Seriously Impressive(™) package.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Wheel bearing and Geo done on the Lotus today,

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

744kgs is seems good going. Have you done much in the way of chasing weight? I've genuinely no idea what a "regular" S1 Elise should weigh, I thought they were usually 800+
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Finally replaced ALL the suspension and some other parts on the Volvo today.

New Shocks and Springs (Polestar and Bilsteins) new front discs and pads, new front and rear ARB links and bushes, new front and rear top mounts, new spring seats, new inner and outer track rods, new front lower ball joints and lower arm bushes and all rear arm bushes.

9:30 AM start, 10PM finish, I miss having a ramp and a method of heat when every sodding bolt is seized.

Dropped about 25mm from before and after measurements, may drop a bit more when it settles, off for a proper alignment next and then it should be ok for a while I hope!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I needed buckets quickly for The Compact back in November so I pinched the ones from the Porsche, and ordered new ones not knowing the lead time. They turned up really quickly and it’s taken me until now to get around to fitting them. I suck.

Mirco ST. Chosen because they’re nice and tall, like me :) It’s important to have the harness slots at the right height for your shoulders.

I already had the Porsche-specific harnesses but I’ve always felt like a bit of a gimp wearing bright red harnesses on the road, it’s a bit too LOOK-AT-ME, so I’ve switched in some black shoulder straps for now. It’s easy enough to swap back for the full RACECAR effect when needed.

First road test later today.

D9CACAF2-919A-4B30-AFA2-7096F97C6219.jpeg
D9CACAF2-919A-4B30-AFA2-7096F97C6219.jpeg (120.75 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:06 pm 744kgs is seems good going. Have you done much in the way of chasing weight? I've genuinely no idea what a "regular" S1 Elise should weigh, I thought they were usually 800+
Pro alloy radiator and nitrons. Not sure if the nitrons weigh less than the billsteins but it was 760kg before I did the rad and the nitrons
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The Father’s Day present I ordered arrived much earlier than expected so I got to fitting them anyway.

Got it perfectly flush 8-)
Happy with that.
How about not having a sig at all?
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

I haven't really had much reason to post in this thread because the CR-Z's hasn't gone wrong, but I've moved to London now and really can't justify keeping a car here that I don't need.

Never raced or rallied, best colour, original windscreen etc...

It needs to be brought to that wheel refurb place to be fair.

Open to offers of multiple packs of Revels.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 497142425/
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I think I need some rear wheel spacers now I've lowered the Volvo, 20mm should do, fronts fine, rears aren't quite as flush, hubcentric Eibach spacers are only 60 quid so I'll order some.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Pete_ wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 pm I haven't really had much reason to post in this thread because the CR-Z's hasn't gone wrong, but I've moved to London now and really can't justify keeping a car here that I don't need.

It still looks surprisingly good. Good luck with the sale.
M235i
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Pete_ wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 pm I haven't really had much reason to post in this thread because the CR-Z's hasn't gone wrong, but I've moved to London now and really can't justify keeping a car here that I don't need.

Interesting. I told my son to look at them last week. Not sure he’ll be looking in time for yours, but any info would be appreciated. Need to check insurance quotes aswell. 🙄
Cheers,

Ian
scotta

Post by scotta »

IanF wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:46 am

Interesting. I told my son to look at them last week. Not sure he’ll be looking in time for yours, but any info would be appreciated. Need to check insurance quotes aswell. 🙄

scotta

Post by scotta »

these are great looking little cars.Ahead of their time i think. if they launched now with the improvements in battery tech they'd sell a load of them.

Are there any aftermarket upgrades for the hybrid drive train?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

M140i is in for new front tyres on Thursday replacing the original MPSS (24k). I'm taking a punt and trying the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport as it's a direct competitor to the PS4S which isn't available in my size (225 40 ZR18). I'm also going from an 88Y to a 92Y load rating as the shoulders wear too quick and the increase in load rating helps by all accounts.

The rear size (245 35 ZR18) isn't launched until June but I have enough left on the PS4's to get me through June.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Our 420d has been in the dealer since Friday morning to have the stereo fixed (there's no sound from anything, including all the warning bongs etc.). They've replaced the amp today, but that hasn't fixed it. They don't know what's wrong with it and have offered a courtesy car for tomorrow.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
scotta

Post by scotta »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:26 pm Our 420d has been in the dealer since Friday morning to have the stereo fixed (there's no sound from anything, including all the warning bongs etc.). They've replaced the amp today, but that hasn't fixed it. They don't know what's wrong with it and have offered a courtesy car for tomorrow.
That sounds grim - is it the HK or the standard BMW system?