The Motorbikerist Thread

Carlos

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by Carlos »

Can you imagine having to be the development riders test riding early abs machines 😂
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:11 pm I'm currently ripping out the ABS on all bikes to make the brakes better. Am I doing it right?
For the track? Maybe - check this out from 8.00 - bought standard gsxr 1000 2017 and took it racing after only a few mods - the whole vids good bar the music
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Carlos wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:23 pm Can you imagine having to be the development riders test riding early abs machines 😂
Painful :D
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Brakes were spongy. Bloke goes yeah cos ABS innit. This is taken as gospel.

Then upgraded brake lines, pads and fluid were fitted as well as the ABS being removed.

Brakes are now not spongy because no ABS? Not buying it mate, sorry. But I know you'll dismiss this :lol:

Next time you're in Dubai, come try either bike of mine. All ABS, all rock solid levers, especially the BMW with the RCS19 Brembo master on it.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GSXR- ... SwHdVa7EMg

Abs removed. Some systems might be really good on track for our level of riding but if you really want to go as fast as possible all I am reading is ditch ABS.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GSXR- ... SwHdVa7EMg

Abs removed. Some systems might be really good on track for our level of riding but if you really want to go as fast as possible all I am reading is ditch ABS.
Fine, when you’re riding in BSB, I’ll let you take your ABS off. Deal?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ABS is for women.* :P

* - Jezus, not on motorbikes, are you MENTAL!?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Good to hear your friend is okay Tim.

On another subject, did Barry not join this forum? If not, someone tell him to pull his finger out. His bike updates and posts were always interesting (well, don't tell him that last bit)
Oui, je suis un motard.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Last week I had to use my brakes harder than I've had to before, pretty much an emergency stop. Car I was following decided to stop, after committing to go down a single track bit of road when it wasn't their right of way.

So I had to go hard on the brakes. Stopped with a few bike lengths spare, but the stupid car driver then had to reverse. Couldn't push my bike backwards with my feet as it was slightly down hill. Anyway, despite my worries that the driver was going to reverse into me, they didn't.

Lesson learned though, I won't be following in a car at that point until I can see it's clear 🙄
Oui, je suis un motard.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Barry wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 pm Had two fuckers just pull out of side roads on me this week. I am confident I got my displeasure across to them.
He’s in this very thread, Marv!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 pm
Barry wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 pm Had two fuckers just pull out of side roads on me this week. I am confident I got my displeasure across to them.
His profile shows two replies since this forum went live 😕
Oui, je suis un motard.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

People really don't seem to know that bar the behemoths of the bike world like Goldwings, bikes just don't have a reverse gear :lol:

The ramp out of the car park in my new office building has an induction loop in the fairly-steep ramp down to the barrier that the Tenere wouldn't set off to open the barrier.

"Security" guard : "Yes yes boss no problem make reversing and try again isn't it"

* smack upside the head *
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Protip: Put your sidestand down and touch it to the induction loop.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I tried that mate, I really did. It was having none of it.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Just ask yourself, what would streethawk do?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

WWSHD? :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:05 am I tried that mate, I really did. It was having none of it.
Have yourself made magnetic? I can't really help beyond that.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I should have hopped off, laid down on my side and got my metal hip to set it off :lol:

In the end the workaround was just to go out using the in ramp, and open it with my blipper.

However it's 45C here today so the bike commuting days are over for a few months sadly.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:24 am I should have hopped off, laid down on my side and got my metal hip to set it off :lol:

In the end the workaround was just to go out using the in ramp, and open it with my blipper.

However it's 45C here today so the bike commuting days are over for a few months sadly.
I'm amazed no one has invented cooled suits for use out there. It's not like there's a shortage of money.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Marv wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 pm
His profile shows two replies since this forum went live 😕
I think he's pretty much flat out at work and when he's not at work he's meeting all his friends at the Ponderosa.
Middle-aged Dirtbag