The Weather Thread.

nuttinnew

Re: The Weather Thread.

Post by nuttinnew »

As I clicked on this thread it had 6666 views, no idea if that's meaningful.

It's a full moon tonight, the Pink Moon, and it's just rising now.

The name Pink Moon comes from the pink flowers – phlox – that bloom in spring. Other names for this Full Moon are Sprouting Grass Moon, Fish Moon, Hare Moon (also used for May's full moon), Egg Moon (the Anglo-Saxon name), and Paschal Moon. These names all refer to the birth of spring with grass sprouting, birds laying eggs, fish being more plentiful, hares breeding, and people planting seeds.
The first Full Moon in April is also known as the Paschal Moon in the ecclesiastical (Christian) calendar, because it is used to calculate the date for Easter; the first Sunday after the Paschal Moon is Easter Sunday. The ancient Hare Moon and Egg Moon names are often referenced a potential reasons for the emergence of the modern Easter Bunny laying Easter eggs.

Since the Pink Moon occurs in Scorpio while the new moon occurred in Aries, this particular lunar cycle is immensely powerful.
This is because both Aries and Scorpio are ruled by Mars, the most fiery and passionate of the planets.
The growth that occurs between such incredibly potent moon phases can be immense.
Since the Pink Moon will also sextile the ringed planet Saturn, ruler of discipline and stability, delivers in astrology can expect to see long-term changes to place.
So this is the perfect full moon to reorganise your daily routine, reinforce your relationships, and cut out any bad habits.

It should be a clear night so there should be some good views.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If you spend too much time looking at the pink moon do you get teh pink eyes? :?
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The moon didn't look very pink yesterday, but it's very orange today.
Cheers, Harry
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

The moon looked great yesterday in Northumberland.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Who gives a fuck about that moon? If this is the weather thread, the main focus should be sunshine. Tomorrow is bbq day. :-D
Simon

Post by Simon »

Had BBQs yesterday and today with a lot of our favourite Brazilian butcher's meat. Decent rump, beef and lamb sausage, and the other half's favourite - chicken hearts (not for me though). We still have steaks left for tomorrow but I can't be bothered with a third day of it, so will check in in the pan tomorrow and eat them normally.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve had 2 BBQs today and I’m now lying in bed regretting it.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Full Moon tonight; you'll know this already by the cloud.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

There was a partial eclipse of last night's full moon;
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48999117

If I'd've noticed beforehand I'd've posted about it :(

A full moon tonight as well but it'll be boring in comparison (and cloudy).
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

It's fvcked into a cocked hat around here. I'm off to test the E91's wading abilities.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Lovely and toasty here in Croatia 😂

Saturday wasn't. Had 14hrs of thunderstorms followed by non stop rain for the next 8or so hrs. Beautiful since though. Some of the T&L was epic! Joe's out of my skin a couple of times during the night when there was a massive clap over the villa 🌩️😱😱
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Fucking mental here in Ayrshire.
M235i
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just a bit windy here. Weather has not been much better either.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Had some rain in the early hours, then much windiness, currently 21° and mostly sunny.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Bloomin windy yesterday, but breezy today, nothing more than the odd light shower since Sunday.
Cheers, Harry
John

Post by John »

This weekend's 'ard rock mountain bike enduro has been cancelled due to the flooding. The area where the camping would have been is in the background in the video below. If this flood had happened overnight with a full campsite I'm not sure the outcome would have been good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jTrTEnTiH ... atch_again
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

McSwede wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:03 pm Lovely and toasty here in Croatia 😂

Saturday wasn't. Had 14hrs of thunderstorms followed by non stop rain for the next 8or so hrs. Beautiful since though. Some of the T&L was epic! Joe's out of my skin a couple of times during the night when there was a massive clap over the villa 🌩️😱😱
We watched some fairly epic T&L storms over the Adriatic when we were there in 2015. Up in Istria, and I think the storms were over Venice. Awesome to watch whilst sat at the waterside bar.

Several roads shut over here today, again, after they were shut a couple of days ago. Particularly bad are the relatively new build roads (A555 and A34) that have pumped sections. The pumps *always* fail under heavy load :roll:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:27 pm
Several roads shut over here today, again, after they were shut a couple of days ago. Particularly bad are the relatively new build roads (A555 and A34) that have pumped sections. The pumps *always* fail under heavy load :roll:

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/forum/vi ... =1&t=40504
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

The suggestion today was that the pumps on the A555 simply weren't up to the job. All the flooded areas of the A555 and A34 lie in cutting, and IIRC the A34 section is below the water table so permanently pumped.

I'm sure that somewhere the fvck up is in the commissioning of the pumping infrastructure.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:27 pm
McSwede wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:03 pm Lovely and toasty here in Croatia 😂

We watched some fairly epic T&L storms over the Adriatic when we were there in 2015. Up in Istria, and I think the storms were over Venice. Awesome to watch whilst sat at the waterside bar.

We're about 10mins from Rabac and it was epic!!!!