NotoriousREV

Re: 737 Max

Post by NotoriousREV »

Careful now, these puns are wafer thin
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

They’ll just crumble at the first sign of a decent challenge.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
tim

Post by tim »

I was on a 737 today that was landed by either one of the cabin crew or that taxi driver bloke that was on BBC news once. It was... “robust”
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

tim wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:24 pm I was on a 737 today that was landed by either one of the cabin crew or that taxi driver bloke that was on BBC news once. It was... “robust”
Going off topic I landed at Birmingham airport (nearest to the Cotswolds ahem ;) ) and it was one of the windy days, there’s a decent number of dodgy plane landing videos which comes from Brum. Anyway, on the descent it was obviously really fucking windy and the two women sat behind me were being even more dramatic. I wouldn’t have been surprised if we needed to go around but I was expecting to still be able to land. These two women were screaming and blaming the pilot for a ‘unfunny wind up by the pilot’ with other such slappable phrases like ‘what’s the pilot plying at’ :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m always disappointed when a flight has no turbulence and a perfect landing. I want a fucking rollercoaster of a trip with multiple bounces on landing, that’s the whole point of planes right :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

A flight we were on into Liverpool ended up as a video on the Daily Mail website because it was a windy day. It came in sideways and a bit bumpy looking. I don’t think anyone on board noticed. We certainly didn’t.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Birmingham is renowned for being very windy and difficult to land at, according to my Etihad mate. Plenty of wind shear and all that good stuff.
tim

Post by tim »

It wasn’t particularly windy he just came in hot slammed it on the deck and must surely have had maximum autobraking and reverse thrust going. I was pushing hard into the back of the seat in front of me trying to keep from head butting it. I noticed the plane after us took off in the other direction so maybe the wind changed. We were loads early too.
Foz

Post by Foz »

My worst flight was London to Aberdeen, loads of turbulence and yaw coming in, hit the ground so hard and then just whacked on full power, everyone shat it “terribly sorry about that, slight shear warning there, we will go round and try again”

Sweaty palms and he got it down next time, :| otherwise we were heading to Edinburgh.
Marv

Post by Marv »

When I flew to Costa Rica a few years ago, on landing the plane landed hard and bounced 😕
Oui, je suis un motard.
mik

Post by mik »

IanF the other day....

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

tim wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:10 am It wasn’t particularly windy he just came in hot slammed it on the deck and must surely have had maximum autobraking and reverse thrust going. I was pushing hard into the back of the seat in front of me trying to keep from head butting it. I noticed the plane after us took off in the other direction so maybe the wind changed. We were loads early too.
I was on a Ryanair flight into Malaga where they slammed it down and turned on to the taxiway with the reversers still on. I think the pilot was desperate for a piss.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

My worst flight was Birmingham to Aberdeen. Not because of the flight bu the fact I had to go to Birmingham and Aberdeen.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 pm
tim wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:24 pm I was on a 737 today that was landed by either one of the cabin crew or that taxi driver bloke that was on BBC news once. It was... “robust”
Going off topic I landed at Birmingham airport (nearest to the Cotswolds ahem ;) ) and it was one of the windy days, there’s a decent number of dodgy plane landing videos which comes from Brum. Anyway, on the descent it was obviously really fucking windy and the two women sat behind me were being even more dramatic. I wouldn’t have been surprised if we needed to go around but I was expecting to still be able to land. These two women were screaming and blaming the pilot for a ‘unfunny wind up by the pilot’ with other such slappable phrases like ‘what’s the pilot plying at’ :roll:
It might surprise you to know that some people don't like flying.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:39 pm I was on a Ryanair flight into Malaga where they slammed it down and turned on to the taxiway with the reversers still on. I think the pilot was desperate for a piss.
Dublin Airport has 2 exits off the runway onto the Taxi-way, one about 2/3 the way along and one at the end. A Mate who was ground crew for Air Lingus explained that the pilots were encouraged to hit the first one to save on the fuel needed to taxi to the end. Marginal Gains over thousands of flights paying dividends.

This is unsurprising considering Michael O'Leary's modelling of Ryanair on Herb Kelleher / South West Airlines. Kelleher trained his pilots to operate the re-fuelling rigs and also insisted that all envelopes were re-used etc.

However, Kelleher's best ever innovation never made it to Ryanair. Boarding - First passenger on the plane sits back left, last passenger sits front right. Zero unnecessary delays in boarding while people wrestle with the overhead bins etc.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 am
It might surprise you to know pilots can’t control wind gusts. Or the rest of the weather for that matter. RTFP.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Orange Cola wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:53 pm

It might surprise you to know pilots can’t control wind gusts. Or the rest of the weather for that matter. RTFP.
So fvcking what?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:44 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:53 pm

So fvcking what?

So why did they instantly assume the pilot's a bellend rather than think fvck me it's windy? Especially in a country renowned for talking about the weather.

Easy now chaps, no stress, no worries.
mik

Post by mik »