FAO Dave The Explosive Newt

Explosive Newt

Re: FAO Dave The Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

mik wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:47 pm I kinda have an x-type too.

#wingmirrorfwends
Oh is that a standard thing across the range? Mine started life as a demo car so I just assumed they had blinged her up...
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Mike1215 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:36 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 pm Yeah, the X-type got pretty rave reviews at the time (a couple of UK rags giving it good reviews you could dismiss, but I don't recall any bad reviews, period, handling wise), and no-one really has a bad thing to say about them today yet. Mondeo underpinnings might sound 'cheap' but the Mondeo was a smart steer in the first place; giving it 4WD and real power was never going to be a recipe for disaster, was it?
EVO tested it against the Mondeo - 2.5s in both

Ahh this has conjured a bit more love for the old girl. Perhaps I have been too harsh on her? Maybe I shouldn’t get that Boxster right now after all...
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:22 pm Tinin.

Alas I know nowt of newt, but of X-Types I've heard on here that rusty sills are not unheard of which seems to doom them.
Yeah, that and the transfer box binning it. The rest of the things to look for are mostly elextronic and easier to live (or die!) with.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:40 am
mik wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:47 pm I kinda have an x-type too.

#wingmirrorfwends
Oh is that a standard thing across the range? Mine started life as a demo car so I just assumed they had blinged her up...
Oh wait. I just realised what you meant!
Ignore my beery babble :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:27 pm Beany, I didn’t know you got an E46 330 - tres cool! I’m enjoying my ‘rag top’ in this weather, give me a shout if you want to talk yourself into boredom about maintinaing a convertible.
<aside>
Can't tell if you're taking the piss or not about now knowing I had a 330 ragtop (there's a thread about it), but I do need to clean the hood up properly, it's manky as fuck and could do with some hydrophobics applied to it.
</aside>
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Beany wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:17 am ....really?

What on bloody earth have you been up to in the last....too many years?
Also... I have been posting on the Facebook group for like the last month. Who do you think remembered the supersideways Sierra and IFG videos and had been featured in ‘it wouldn’t be possible without’? No observational skills, some people.

Btw I refer to the Jag as The Big Green Monster in homage to a certain Aston...
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 pm Also... I have been posting on the Facebook group for like the last month. Who do you think remembered the supersideways Sierra and IFG videos and had been featured in ‘it wouldn’t be possible without’? No observational skills, some people.
Ah, Dr. Watson I presume?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Beany

Post by Beany »

Explosive Newt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:37 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:17 am ....really?

What on bloody earth have you been up to in the last....too many years?
Also... I have been posting on the Facebook group for like the last month. Who do you think remembered the supersideways Sierra and IFG videos and had been featured in ‘it wouldn’t be possible without’? No observational skills, some people.

Btw I refer to the Jag as The Big Green Monster in homage to a certain Aston...
I did spot the correlation between your first posts on here and the FB page, but hadn't worked it out before then. I'm old, dude. My memory isn't what it used to be. :-(
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Beany wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:04 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:27 pm Beany, I didn’t know you got an E46 330 - tres cool! I’m enjoying my ‘rag top’ in this weather, give me a shout if you want to talk yourself into boredom about maintinaing a convertible.
<aside>
Can't tell if you're taking the piss or not about now knowing I had a 330 ragtop (there's a thread about it), but I do need to clean the hood up properly, it's manky as fuck and could do with some hydrophobics applied to it.
</aside>
Not taking the piss. I can highly recommend 303!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Beany

Post by Beany »

<full on hijack>
This stuff?

</full on hijack>