Curved screen protectors?

unzippy

Curved screen protectors?

Post by unzippy »

Those of you out there that have applied curved screen protectors for you phone with superglue and UV, would you again?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Richard

Re: Curved screen protectors?

Post by Richard »

Wot!?

Why?

That seems awfully extreme. When you crack the screen protector and need to replace it, what’s the technique for removing it?
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

I have no idea, that's why I'm asking.

But it's definitely a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... otector+uv
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

A friend of mine repairs phones and has a cryogenic chamber to remove the glass on expensive phones and tablets, maybe that’s the method needed?

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:29 am A friend of mine repairs phones and has a cryogenic chamber to remove the glass on expensive phones and tablets, maybe that’s the method needed?

Dave!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

??
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Maybe he does!!? 😂
Richard

Post by Richard »

Just buy a normal screen protector for it if you want one. Can you imagine the faff of trying to remove it later with superglue

A film type one will be easier to fit, because you won’t need to be so accurate placing it in the phone
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Richard wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:52 am Just buy a normal screen protector for it if you want one. Can you imagine the faff of trying to remove it later with superglue

A film type one will be easier to fit, because you won’t need to be so accurate placing it in the phone
Got a brand you can recommend?

IaFG Down Under Division
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rich B wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:12 am
V8Granite wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:29 am A friend of mine repairs phones and has a cryogenic chamber to remove the glass on expensive phones and tablets, maybe that’s the method needed?

Dave!

Dave!
Richard

Post by Richard »

unzippy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:19 pm
Richard wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:52 am Just buy a normal screen protector for it if you want one. Can you imagine the faff of trying to remove it later with superglue

Got a brand you can recommend?

We use “Zagg” at work. They seem good.

I expect most of the brand names are equally good/bad